(Topic ID: 189522)

Buying advice Dr. who,Tommy,Tales from the crypt,fishtales..

By Metzu

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sonic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi guys,well the tittle its self explanatory...
also BSD,JD,JP,DE STAR TREK or the one you think its cool.

wich one you like the most and why?

thxs to all

#2 6 years ago

Personally, Dr Who and fish tales.

Dr who has a fun scoring strategy, and fish tales is fast and has some nice flow (imo)

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Personally, Dr Who and fish tales.
Dr who has a fun scoring strategy, and fish tales is fast and has some nice flow (imo)

thank you i agree with you,one thing that makes me wonder about dr. who its that for the jackpot you got to shot the 3 scoops on the middle right? does it has diffrent multiball modes?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

thank you i agree with you,one thing that makes me wonder about dr. who its that for the jackpot you got to shot the 3 scoops on the middle right? does it has diffrent multiball modes?

Yes, jackpot is scored by shooting all 3 scoops. It has "waves" gets to be a challenge advancing through them, while trying to keep your pf multiplier up.

#5 6 years ago

Ft is really fun.... dr who is ok but gets old quickly imo.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

thank you for the tip!

#7 6 years ago

Ft man, it rules.

#8 6 years ago

Personally, it think Tommy is better than all of them. more mode based and feels like a reverse Addams family. I like mode based games and loved my Tommy. Had Dr.who for a long time. Wasn't terrible. Shit Tales, if you can handle the music/theme of it isn't the worst game out there. and TFTC is all around solid game. Again a mode based game but more of a unique layout.

#9 6 years ago

Own Tommy and FT and use to own a Dr Who. Of the the three Dr who just didn't have the staying power. If you have a large collection then maybe but the game does get a little repetitive. That being said it still has arguably the best toy in pinball.

Tommy with the updated code would probably be my pick. It has great flow, diverse modes and killer multi-ball. However FT is also a great game from a time when Williams was hitting it out of the park as far as quality goes. Very solid and makes a nice change having dangerous shots close to the flippers. It would really come down to the theme between these two.

Tales is also a fun game with great ramps. Just prefer Tommy and FT. That laugh has got to get to people over time.

#10 6 years ago

I haven't played Dr Who and I own FT and TFTC. I always play Fish Tales and feel it's made me a better player with its flow, ruleset, and lightning flippers. If you have 2 minutes and need to fit a game in, on your way out the door, FT will most likely accommodate you. Also, guests tend to like it more as well when they come over even though it's brutal at times.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

thank you for the tip!

Quoted from Capinball:

I haven't played Dr Who and I own FT and TFTFC. I always play Fish Tales and feel it's made me a better player with its flow, ruleset, and lightning flippers. If you have 2 minutes and need to fit a game in, on your way out the door, FT will most likely accommodate you. Also, guests tend to like it more as well when they come over even though it's brutal at times.

do you think that what they say about DE pins vs Bally/williams its true(clunckyness ect)

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

do you think that what they say about DE pins vs Bally/williams its true(clunckyness ect)

No, they feel different and sound a little different, mainly because the pops are a self contained unit. B/W games sandwich the pops into the playfield wood. Making it sound and feel more solid. DE, has a self contained unit that can pull out of the playfield. Yes it feels a little more plasticy and sounds different, but it's a lot easier to work on and you get used to the sound/feel.

#13 6 years ago

DW is one of the best theme intigrated pins from the 90's and the triple level play field with the fly away targets is one of the top three toys in Pinball history.

If you like the theme of DW go with DW. If you like to spend time fishing go with FT, it is also a great game.

The other two (Tommy and TFTC) are not in the same league as DW and FT in my personal opinion.

#14 6 years ago

It's all relative. I love playing some Dr. Who because getting that multi-ball is always a blast, and Fishtails and Tommy are both good games. You can't go wrong with any of them. I am a bit biased because one of my 10 pins is a TFTC. I love it because it's a) a fun game but b) I absolutely love the genre. I grew up with my eyes glued to horror comic books and my collection features a TWD Pro, CFTBL, GB Premium, Met Pro, and a Grand Lizard. I always fall for the creepy themes. The Data East games do go for a bit less than B/W games of the same era. I own B/W and DE's from the 90's and I am happy with both their builds.

#15 6 years ago

None of what you listed is bad at all - you can't go wrong with any of them....my preference is TFTC overall....BSD is so tough (which is what makes it great)....so go with whatever theme you like best and get into - the play on all of them is good.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
$ 18.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-advice-dr-whotommytales-from-the-cryptfishtales and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.