• Forget about it! 6 votes
    29%
  • Neither 1 or 2? 1 vote
    5%

(21 votes)

This poll has been closed.

#1 6 months ago

Hello Fellas
Just about to pull the trigger on a SWP. I have heard good and bad. Am interested in hearing what the group here has to say. I’ve played it. I like it and yes that is most important but I would like to hear what others who may be more purist than I think of the game.

Thanks for the consults!

G

#2 6 months ago

Buy it, play it, have fun, sell/trade when you’re done. Go for it

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from GPS:

I have heard good and bad.

You really need to take opinions around here with a grain of salt. I have learned that I like what is fun to me and that is all that matters. If you played it and liked it-that is the test. I personally love the Premium/LE, the Pro, and now I am starting to really dig the home version model. Can't go wrong-or maybe you can? Like I said follow your gut-don't listen to others-way too many preferences around here.

#4 6 months ago

Get it if it makes YOU happy. Have fun with it then pass it along for something else when your done with it.

#5 6 months ago

I owned it and thought it was fun. It had all of the assets and music and played super fast. I also thought the light show was good. It’s not an “A” game, but it’s a solid B+

#7 6 months ago

Great, fast game with really great rules. Lots of modes and wizard modes. It's a better game to have at home than to play in an arcade, because it's very deep and takes time to learn the rules.
The Pro is pretty much the same as the Premium/LE except for the Hyper Loop toy - which is kind of a wash IMO because...

Pros)
- it's a cool toy

Cons)
- the Death Star shot will reject more
- the Hoth shot will stop the ball, while you wait for the HyperLoop fork to get out of the way

#8 6 months ago

I owned a pro for a short while. Huge Star Wars fan, especially original trilogy. If I could do it all over again I would buy the Premium. The hyper loop really does make all the difference. Just my $0.02 but hopefully helps you make an informed decision you don’t regret!

#9 6 months ago

I don't think he is intending to buy a premium. SW Pro is a great game. You will enjoy it, just do it!

#10 6 months ago

I like the Star Wars movies, but I love Star Wars Pro. It is in my top 5 favorite games. Building up the shot multiplier is addicting and fun, the machine really has that 'one more game' feel. It's good for guests too, everyone loves Star Wars.

#11 6 months ago

Got in touch with him today and asked if he could help in the driving from his location to Cincinnati. He advised that between work and kids he could not do it. Was ready to drive down and buy it. I have a ten hour round trip to get there so was just hoping he could assist a bit on his end

#12 6 months ago

Thank you though coz for advising. I had one teed up and ready in Bay City and that fell through. Have tried making contact to no avail with the seller in Lorton, VA to no avail and then today that did not work out. Just played it last eve at Stone Hedge in Akron though it was the premium or le as it had the loop. Fun game. Man there was a woman there playing that must have to some degree known Marvin, not that I do but a man was she banging hard on the games. Really hard!!

#13 6 months ago

Someone out there must have a nice SWP that is avail to make the sale and hopefully reasonably close to me. Anyone??

#14 6 months ago

Call Trent at tilt amusements he had comic and regular pro last time I was there a few weeks ago.

#15 6 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Call Trent at tilt amusements he had comic and regular pro last time I was there a few weeks ago.

Would love to do new dirk but that is a tad too rich for my blood right now. Have to go used. Thank you though

#16 6 months ago

Great game

#17 6 months ago

Yeah, I concur. Now if I can only find someone who has one, is in nice condition, is willing to sell it and has some time to sell it!! Tall order!

#18 6 months ago

It will happen. When I least expect no less!

#19 6 months ago

I really love SW (got the premium). I was seriously debating to get the pro but decided to get the premium for the sole reason to get the hyperloop toy. I think he gameplay on the pro is great and the same rules but I could not give up the hyper loop. IMO the HL is worth he extra cost. However I do recommend SW pro if that's what you want to do. The premium has some compromises that is due to the fork that feels the Death Star and hyper loop. So if you hit the right side of the horseshoe loop the fork ramp can block the ball for a second and it's a bit harder to backhand the left side of the horse hoop loop.

#20 6 months ago
Quoted from GPS:

Would love to do new dirk but that is a tad too rich for my blood right now. Have to go used. Thank you though

But you'll save like $200 and be without a warranty.

#21 6 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

But you'll save like $200 and be without a warranty.

Not sure I get you dirk? If I am spending 4700 on a pro SW, and from what I have seen the new ones are in the 5700 tanager that is more than 200. What am I not getting? Because if that is the case screw it I’ll just pop for a new one!!

#22 6 months ago
Quoted from GPS:

Not sure I get you dirk? If I am spending 4700 on a pro SW, and from what I have seen the new ones are in the 5700 tanager that is more than 200. What am I not getting? Because if that is the case screw it I’ll just pop for a new one!!

In 2019 you should be able to find a NIB for 5600. In 2020 it will be 5700. If you get a show special model you can probably get one for a bit less than $5200. So yes if you find a $4700 non routed pro model in nice condition locally you should be driving and not typing on pinside.

#23 6 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In 2019 you should be able to find a NIB for 5600. In 2020 it will be 5700. If you get a show special model you can probably get one for a bit less than $5200. So yes if you find a $4700 pro model in nice condition locally you should be driving and not typing on pinside.

There have been very few times that I have told people what to do here on pinside. Please don’t tell me what to do. You don’t know me from Adam ok! I have been trying to find the game and have had little success due to issues outside of my control. So please, if you don’t mind!

#24 6 months ago
Quoted from GPS:

There have been very few times that I have told people what to do here on pinside. Please don’t tell me what to do. You don’t know me from Adam ok! I have been trying to find the game and have had little success due to issues outside of my control. So please, if you don’t mind!

you started a thread in the “buying and selling advice” section of Pinside where you asked about buying a Star Wars Pro. I gave you advice and you tell me off. Ok then. I’m done here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Trade
Sale Pending!
West Bloomfield Township, MI

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside