Topic poll

“Which Pin To Buy?”

• Super Mario Bros 4 votes
    12%
  • Bride of Pinbot 30 votes
    88%

(34 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

Pretty sure I know the answer here, but which one should I buy: SMB (full-sized one) for $1400 or BOP for $2100? Both in nice shape. I absolutely love BOP and been looking for a good one for awhile; I've never played SMB (it gets dissed around here, but I'm like, "it's super mario brothers! How bad could it be?").

PS: While I'd love to give "both" as an option, I've only got the funds for 1 right now

#2 9 years ago

If the bop is nice pf wise, this is a no brainer.

#3 9 years ago

A potential third option could be: "Neither. Save your money and get a TZ."

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

If the bop is nice pf wise, this is a no brainer.

Totally agree, Mario belongs in Chuck e Cheese in my opinion

#6 9 years ago

BOP - if it doesn't do it for you long term, it is an easy sell - SMB may be tough to sell again.

Scott

#7 9 years ago

BoP is the clear choice right now.

#8 9 years ago

Hold out for LOTR.

#9 9 years ago

that is a way high for SMB unless those gobble holes look nearly mint and no wear near the castle hole. BOP is a little high as well, unless it's diamondplated, then it's actually a good deal. BOP playfields are usually in rough shape and the mylared area is a way different color gray than the non mylared areas. Look them over closely. If SMB was 900-1000, and BOP was $1400, i'd say get both.

#10 9 years ago

Neo, I wish you were right about all this. In my neck of the woods, SMB and BOP never come up for sale. Like never. Additionally, SMB has gone way up in price over the past 6-12 months. Hard to find for less than $1500 these days. BOP almost never goes for less than $2000, and when it does, the playfield is totally blown out.

This BOP's playfield looks really good. The greys look almost perfect between the mylar/non-mylar areas. Of course, there is a small wear spot under the drop on the right (I've rarely seen one without this). I'll still need to shop it out, but it's probably the prettiest playfield I've seen that's not been refurbed.

#11 9 years ago

Sounds like a nice BOP and probably priced about right.

You just don't see SMB's that much because gottliebs production numbers wern't anything close to what B/W was kicking out. I think there were twice as many BOPs made as SMBs

#12 9 years ago

The bride...make her feel like a woman !

#13 9 years ago

I would say, BoP as well, more produced easier resale down the road, also since your collection is all B/W you wouldn't need to carry Gotlieb specific parts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-pin-today-which-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.