Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ss-pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

crotch grab.gif
    D628B2E4-5867-4BB2-8D19-77CE0E033B1F (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago

I just finished up a purchase yesterday. I bought a machine from a reputable Pinsider here local. I went over to look at the machine decided to buy (didn't even play it) I used Pay Pal with my Credit Card. I let him keep the machine til the money cleared his bank, then went over yesterday to pick up the game.
    Smooth transaction all is good. You don't have to go cash on the glass, just go with a trusted buyer/seller. If anything had gone wrong I could have just filed fraud with my CC company no problem.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I have sent PMs taking games at asking price and get turned down because of shipping.

Man what a tragedy! I have shipped dozens of games and its so easy. Never had one get damaged either. I send all mine on the legs totally wrapped and blanketed. Most of the games I have sold have been out of state.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

No way in hell I'm taking anything other than cash or a wire transfer. The reach-back of PayPal or a credit card is way too favorable to the buyer--whether he has any real reason to be unhappy with the purchase or not. Anything i've bought from a fellow Pinsider with a good reputation was better than expected.

Yeah this form of payment is only for trusted reputable Pinsiders or colleagues.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

The point of potentially being a pain is likely it because I ask questions and want decent photos. LOL. It's TRUE though, if wanting to know exactly what I'm buying is asking too much then truly I am a pain!

What your wanting is not unreasonable. If the guy has what your looking for then he will come forward with the pics if not then don't waste your time just move on to the next seller. There is some risk in doing these transactions. You have to be willing to take some necessary risks to land the big fish.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

It is a seller's market right now and while you're asking for more pictures the guy probably has 2-3 cash offers already. Hell, you could probably only post pictures of the leg levelers and the machine would be gone in an hour if priced right.

Very True. You have to be on a hair trigger to jump on a game for sale or it will pass you buy. I had a long list of people right behind me (according to the seller after the sale) for this last game. I paid the guy what he wanted for the machine. No bargaining. I got about 2k worth of extras that he didn't even announce with the game. BONUS! The fact of the matter is right now, there lots of people wanting that same game, so you have to move it or lose it.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Cash talks, bullshit walks.

Then you will sell to cash buyers only. And in this market, it’s cool since everyone beating your door down for your stuff. But when you have situations where thats not happening and you need to move a machine or parts then you may have to violate your payment rule.

#84 4 years ago

It seems that since everyone is different, your going to have very different buying styles. My style is I am a FIXER. There are lots of machine issues that I don't even care about when I buy. Routine mechanical or electrical issues are not a big concern for me because I will just fix em. Cosmetic issues can be more of a concern for me but it really depends on whether I know I can/want to fix them or not. My ultimate plan for a (keeper) machine is to end up with a really nice example and not spend twice what the thing could ever be worth. If I am buying a flipper, it really is all about cost. I want to make a couple of bucks and maybe snag that cool mod for my game!

#88 4 years ago

For long distance buyers I have often done a face time while playing the machine. It breaks the trust ice and demonstrates the machine first in a live setting. I will also admit I Really Suck at facetime (one handed) game play.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-pin-is-brutal?tu=whthrs166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.