Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ss-pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

crotch grab.gif
    D628B2E4-5867-4BB2-8D19-77CE0E033B1F (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toucanf16.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 4 years ago

Even Pinside has its faults with sellers. There are a couple guys on here that post rare, CQ or HUO pins asking top dollar and then post only 2-3 pics. They say contact them for more pics. I send a PM and still never get a response (and I see they’ve checked onto Pinside daily). I’m willing to pay top money for the right game (see my collection), but guess these sellers aren't serious.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you should never really buy games that you can't pick up in person. only exception is for really rare games that you only see once every 10 years.

Not necessarily true. I wish I could inspect and pick up games in person. Every game in my collection was bought sight unseen and shipped. I live in a pinball desert and don’t have the luxury of driving across town (or even a couple hours) to see a pin in person. I trust photos and sellers’ reputations.

#100 4 years ago

Either this is a seriously one-sided thread or I’m a rare bird here. I have NEVER put “cash on the glass”. Ok, never say “never”; I wrote a check for my first pin back in 1984 and again in 2000 to Mark Darby for ToM and CV.
    All my other pins, more that forty, were bought from pinsiders sight unseen and paid via PayPal, bank check or wire transfer. Never a problem, never a complaint... Long distance buying is my only option.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toucanf16.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-pin-is-brutal?tu=toucanf16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.