Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ss-pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

crotch grab.gif
    D628B2E4-5867-4BB2-8D19-77CE0E033B1F (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deezer5150.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 4 years ago

I’m new here. Just joined in April. Been lurking for a year or so. Wanted to get that out there. I don’t usually jump in to barrels of monkeys like this one because everybody has a method to their madness and it works for them. That’s their prerogative. But I have to admit that I am disappointed by the “No Shipping, Cash Only” edicts. Before you jump me, hear me out. As you can see by my profile I favor mostly late 70’s through mid 80’s solid state machines. The one exception being “Tommy” because, for me, it was a must have from the day I first played it as a 17 year old in 1994. I picked that machine up recently from Robert Butch who was kind enough to take a chance on an unknown. I couldn’t be happier. So here’s my issue and I do understand that it is mine and mine alone. I don’t have TIME to go look at machines. Of the 8 I own I was only able to physically go look at 2 of them. I just happened to be in town when they came up for sale. “In town?” You ask. Yes, in town. While my profile says Thousand Oaks, California I am rarely there. I am currently living in a hotel south of Boston. Been here 3 months. Prior to that I was in Georgia...for 5 YEARS. So while my pins are nestled all cozy in my house I’m 2000-3000 miles away. I worked 3800 hours last year. That’s almost double the generally accepted average of 2080 hours. Generally for me the only way to buy a pin is with plenty of pictures and a nice phone conversation. I know that the 38 year old pin that I’m buying from you is going to have issues. I would be surprised if it didn’t. If you want cash I’ll send you a Priority Mail Box, signature required, full of hundred dollar bills. I’ve done it. But that doesn’t really offer me any protection what-so-ever. As stated earlier in this thread, it’s a sellers market. I respect that. I’m willing to pay, or over pay, for what I want but I can’t be the guy that can come look at it before buying. You guys that sell are going to continue to sell in the manner in which you are accustomed. I can appreciate that. But before you go ranting on about how people should drive the 8 hours to look at a game before buying understand that for some of us it is almost impossible to do that. I’ll now step down from my soapbox...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deezer5150.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-pin-is-brutal?tu=Deezer5150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.