64 days ago

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 days ago by ss-pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

crotch grab.gif
    D628B2E4-5867-4BB2-8D19-77CE0E033B1F (resized).png

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 60 days ago

But if you can swing it, it's so much fun! My wife and I have a blast playing and having cocktails together. Well worth it in my opinion!Screw everyone else that doesn't play pinball LOL!

#102 60 days ago

Food for thought: pictures always look better than actual machine

#103 60 days ago

Buying a pin is easy. Cash on the glass and don't haggle on a pin that's priced correctly.
    Moving a pin is brutal. My back doesn't like lifting them anymore.

#104 60 days ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

Buying a pin is easy. Cash on the glass and don't haggle on a pin that's priced correctly.
    Moving a pin is brutal. My back doesn't like lifting them anymore.

That's the problem though, how do you know if it's priced correctly unless there are good photos and / or descriptions of the most important areas? I agree though that if I see a game that's priced correctly and I want it I won't try to get another $50 or $100 off.

#105 60 days ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

That's the problem though, how do you know if it's priced correctly unless there are good photos and / or descriptions of the most important areas? I agree though that if I see a game that's priced correctly and I want it I won't try to get another $50 or $100 off.

You go to see it. If a pin is priced correctly, a seller will be able to get a quick local transaction and not have to deal with shipping, stingy buyers, and tire kickers.

#106 60 days ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

You go to see it. If a pin is priced correctly, a seller will be able to get a quick local transaction and not have to deal with shipping, stingy buyers, and tire kickers.

I'm not driving 4+ hours one way to look at a game if the seller is too lazy to send me a couple of quality pictures of the areas of concern. I'm not asking for a Life Magazine like layout of high-res photos so if asking for a picture of say the lost mine kickout area on a WH20 makes me a tire kicker then so be it, I'll just hold onto my $$$ until someone that isn't too lazy or trying to fool someone comes along. Fool me once, etc.

#107 59 days ago

If shipping a pin (which i havent done often but have done it) i will take videos of game play showing that all functions work, and of various tests like display, lamp etc. anything that needs to evidence it is as described when i sell it.

Its incumbent for both parties to do their due diligence. I value Pinsider feedback and reputation and consider this either buying or selling. I have only shipped to people with history, never without a phone conversation (serious buyers have no issue with this) and the payment method had to be safe. Checks are ok but until it is fully cleared and verified by my bank to be good, we don’t schedule pickup. I have never had a problem. I’m not anti cash-on-the-glass of course. I still prefer that!

#108 59 days ago

To all the "cash on the glass" types here's a question for you. Here's how I prefer to do deals on pins needing to be shipped. I put down a small deposit via PayPal (as merchandise to insure I don't get screwed). I arrange shipping, provide pickup info. When the delivery guys arrive you send me a pic of the machine being moved. You call me and I send payment via PayPal FRIENDS AND FAMILY so you aren't on the hook for anything. Are you willing to ship going this route? I've actually done this before and IMHO everyone wins.

#109 59 days ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

To all the "cash on the glass" types here's a question for you. Here's how I prefer to do deals on pins needing to be shipped. I put down a small deposit via PayPal (as merchandise to insure I don't get screwed). I arrange shipping, provide pickup info. When the delivery guys arrive you send me a pic of the machine being moved. You call me and I send payment via PayPal FRIENDS AND FAMILY so you aren't on the hook for anything. Are you willing to ship going this route? I've actually done this before and IMHO everyone wins.

No, I would never do that. I've probably shipped out 50 pins never had a problem getting payment prior to releasing it for shipment. Pretty much never accepted paypal either.

And what happens if it is loaded on the truck and you don't pick up the phone?

#110 59 days ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

If the pin is at the Pinside price, it's too expensive.

#111 59 days ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

No, I would never do that. I've probably shipped out 50 pins never had a problem getting payment prior to releasing it for shipment. Pretty much never accepted paypal either.
    And what happens if it is loaded on the truck and you don't pick up?

What relevance does not picking it up have? You got paid. You're off the hook. No longer your problem. Not accepting PayPal as a friends and family payment is foolish. You have ZERO culpability. You bring up a good point though, maybe people dont fully understand PayPal and the options available and what those options actually mean.

#112 59 days ago

I've never done cash on glass either... I used PayPal for one, a personal check for another (using Bill Pay, but was still a check), and a cashier's check for a third (which I guess is like cash on glass?). Honestly, I feel nervous with a couple hundred bucks in my wallet -- I'd be REALLY scared with $5k or more. In fact, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen more than $1k cash before...

That said, I understand why people want cash since there's so many scammers...

And I should be getting a TWD early next week, and I'm doing that in cash, so.... first time for everything!

#113 59 days ago

I would never accept anything other than cash unless it was a friend of mine, and I've never paid with anything other than cash.
    You'll get to the point that buying them becomes too easy. They start to back up.

#114 59 days ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Total clusterfuck. Please never transact with me. The best deals require cash and a quick, easy pickup. I'm not going to sit with a couple a warehouse guys waiting for your paypal.... And I laid $3700 cash on the glass 450 miles from home for a TransformersLE just last week. Deals can be easy.

#115 59 days ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

What relevance does not picking it up have? You got paid. You're off the hook. No longer your problem. Not accepting PayPal as a friends and family payment is foolish. You have ZERO culpability. You bring up a good point though, maybe people dont fully understand PayPal and the options available and what those options actually mean.

I was referring to you not picking up the phone when the machine is on the truck. People are flaky and often don't come through on their promises. And your condescending tone referring to a lack of understanding of paypal friends and family is annoying, but shows that you are the one who doesn't fully understand. Paypal friends and family can absolutely be charged back. I personally know people that have had this happen. Not to mention buying an item with paypal friends and family is a TOS violation and technically theft of services.

#116 59 days ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

No way, pp ff is not safe for a seller. I will only sell a game being shipped with a completed bank wire transfer. Once the wire clears, shipping can be set up. There is no need for a deposit if you do the wire transfer within a day or so. The buyer takes the risk, buy buyers should do their homework on sellers.

#117 59 days ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

You are completely wrong. Friends and family can and has been reversed before. It is not at all safe. I take wire transfer or escrow.com. I only take PayPal FnF on super rare occasion if the buyer has stellar feedback and references I can talk to. And never from a high maintenance buyer that’s for sure.

#118 59 days ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

I would never do that. Sounds way too complicated. Balance must be paid in full before shipping comes. That’s why I have references and a reputation.

#119 59 days ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I would never do that. Sounds way too complicated. Balance must be paid in full before shipping comes. That’s why I have references and a reputation.

If you've been around for a while, people are known on the boards. Dealing with strangers in person is different from selling on eBay/craigslist is different from selling on community forums. I've transacted with probably 30 different people on KLOV and shared excellent experiences with my transaction partners. When in doubt, make a phone call and you should smell a rat pretty quickly.

#120 59 days ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I am the same way. I baby all my stuff, and when I sell it it is in excellent condition, very clean, and typically boxed up in original boxes with all manuals. Many times when I sell something the buyer is so impressed by how I handle and the details of the pictures they sometimes ask if I have anything else I am selling
    I would even point out all the issues, even ones that won't matter like a small scratch on the bottom side of the cabinet, or a small issue with decal in the back of the machine. Anything I can think of, and then give the buyer a price that is more favorable to them than me. But I rarely get that experience when buying anything.

This is exactly what happens to me too. But just keep doing it. What goes around comes around....it's pinball karma and you get what you put out. So be kind and helpful and that will eventually come back around to you. At least that's, like, my opinion, man.

#121 59 days ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

I put down a small deposit via PayPal

Yeah, pass. Next customer please.

Quoted from CLEllison:

I arrange shipping, provide pickup info.

Yeah, pass. I'll deal with the guy who called after you who is already in his truck on his way.

Quoted from CLEllison:

When the delivery guys arrive you send me a pic of the machine being moved.

Yeah, pass. This seems like work to me. The other four guys who called after you aren't asking me to do a bunch of work.

Quoted from CLEllison:

You call me and I send payment via PayPal FRIENDS AND FAMILY so you aren't on the hook for anything.

Yeah, pass. Paypal is a scammer's paradise.

No shipping, local pickup only, cash only. Not sure why you're finding this so hard to understand. "I won't buy it!" Well, too bad for you, the other dozen guys will.

#122 59 days ago

I figured this would come up after seeing the OP's requests on some FB pinball groups looking for a Addams Family pin. First, he says he's looking for a project, then proceeds to ask any sellers to provide high quality pictures of any wear areas(understandable) but then want them to answer about a dozen questions about specific areas of the machine. Others point out a number of machines on pinside, and he shoots them down as too high priced or the sellers lied about condition. To the op, it's pretty clear your would be considered a high maintenance buyer, and expect the sellers to jump thru hoops to satisfy you, when they can just move on to the next buyer. Scale back your expectations, you may have better results.

#124 58 days ago

I'll take PayPal - for a small deposit to hold for an agreed number of days, applied towards the purchase.
    I'll take PayPal when splitting the bill for a meal, and I "win" at Credit Card Roulette.

For a pinball machine, there are <10 people I'd take PayPal from - people who are well known to me, who have a very positive reputation, and who stand to lose by calling them out for welching on a payment. "In God We Trust - All Others We Take Cash." If that means waiting until I sell to someone else, so be it. If that means lowering my price to deal with a closer market, so be it. It's just not worth gambling that someone's not gonna be a jerk with thousands of dollars at stake.

#125 58 days ago

Cash will always be king!

#126 57 days ago

I've contacted two project owners literally a dozen times over the last two months asking simple questions...no response at all.

Never heard of totally ignoring a potential buyer as a negotiation tactic.

I've even said "it's ok if you don't know the answers to these questions"

From the lack of responses, it's like they don't even know if they have keys or not.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 239.00
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 20.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside