(Topic ID: 285650)

Buying a NIB Stern sucks (and I really want to like it)!

By e4wesley

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1344183129571_7983507 (resized).png
    01BE0D7B-CDB8-4CE0-9127-4C0403EE85D4 (resized).jpeg
    98B61646-1747-4568-AAC7-6FB4BE198B8F (resized).jpeg
    E95D0306-EFF8-4889-AA13-D594B4CCED35 (resized).jpeg
    dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif
    5AD5D35A-6876-4705-92FF-B64F4EC421C5 (resized).png
    tenor (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tenacioust.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 3 years ago

I will take e4wesley ( op) side on this one . Ordered new AIQ prem. first new in box , took 3 mo. to get it . First game out of the box - shoot the portal - ball sets there untill its kicked out with a ball search . Turn the game off - on start up the walking lock coil fires 21 times before start of a game . OK so I'll give Stern tech support a call to see whats up ? Looks like calling and talking to a tech. is a thing of the past . Email them - wait a couple of day's - email is answered with the shortest answer possible . Meanwhile I find middle opto in the subway not working . Looks like I have to fix it my self - tear the subway apart and find a bad opto that if I push on the opto board - that fixes it . Game no longer fires the lock coil 21 times at start . Tell stern I need a new opto . no answer back - few days later a new opto pair show up .
    Next problem - I can never collect a gem - find the opto. on the right ramp not working - push on the opto board - and it works .
    Problem 3 - shoot the ball in the portal and it never closes - do a switch a number of times and they all work . This time I decide to go through my distributor - they don't get an answer back from Stern . So I just replace the enter opto with the new one Stern sent . Game works as it should ! So bottom line out of the box it had 3 bad opto's . I had no help from tech. support and none from the distributor . Out of all the 25 or more used games I've had it has never taken a mounth to get them going .

#35 3 years ago

If you live in Detroit area there is no local Distributor !

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

The distributor should open them and test them

My AIQ prem. was shipped direct from Stern -distributor never touches it. = Free shipping ! Open every new game and test it - Oh please . Ain't nobody got time for that !

#156 3 years ago

WOW ! Another blame the OP because he didn't get a fully working game .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tenacioust.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-nib-stern-sucks-and-i-really-want-to-like-it?tu=tenacioust and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.