(Topic ID: 285650)

Buying a NIB Stern sucks (and I really want to like it)!

By e4wesley

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1344183129571_7983507 (resized).png
    01BE0D7B-CDB8-4CE0-9127-4C0403EE85D4 (resized).jpeg
    98B61646-1747-4568-AAC7-6FB4BE198B8F (resized).jpeg
    E95D0306-EFF8-4889-AA13-D594B4CCED35 (resized).jpeg
    dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif
    5AD5D35A-6876-4705-92FF-B64F4EC421C5 (resized).png
    tenor (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tacshose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 3 years ago

Best way to punish Stern, just stop buying, that is what i did years ago. Stern wants home level LE pricing but Operator B2B level service and support which i will not accept.

#208 3 years ago

OP is lucky he got a refund, Trent charged me $500 to return a NIB MET LED that had a chipping play field. I’ve bought NIB multiple times, I’ve spoken to Gary Stern at CES, I’ve emailed with Chas and Patrick Powers on issues numerous times. FUCK Stern seriously they don’t care about any of us they make it clear over and over. You know what I did, STOP BUYING! I feel so much better because they don’t get my money anymore. I play route and buy HUO when I want to own a Stern game. Would Stern have gone to lcd Screens without competition, no, do you want to support NIB Pinball, then support Stern’s competitors and MAYBE just MAYBE Stern will wake up before they go out of business.

#240 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm glad you posted that. I was literally getting ready to send an email asking for pricing on a game. I think I'll move on to the next distributor.
    My problem is I'm beginning to run out of distributors I'm willing to use.

Yeah i ordered a NIB KISS LE from JJ next, but looking back, i mean i don't think ANY Distro is going to allow returns without a huge fight as how can they with Stern's quality control they would be swapping games non stop. I would order again from Trent because he let me sell my Ghostbusters LE spot for a huge profit because i called him and said hey I'm worried about chipping, so i was going to cancel, but I'm getting non stop offers for my spot can i sell it? He didn't care and was SUPER COOL about it. He could of just said no and refunded my deposit. I have only ever ordered from Trent & JJ so cant speak about other Stern distros.

#283 3 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

I think it might be more relevant to compare the price in 2010. Paid $3800 for Iron Man and Avatar NIB that year. We can still use $4000 as a reference point, and in 2010 as compared to now that same money is $4778 today. There was deflation in 2009 and that tends to shade the data when using the range of 2005 to 2021. It really doesn't matter too much what the price is as Stern has a large backlog at current prices.
    As far as the NIB experience goes, just set up LZ on location and it was probably the most trouble free setup in many years. No service calls in the first two weeks and I can't say that about GnR. Love playing JJP games, but man they need a lot more attention to keep up and running on location.

BrianBannon thanks for setting it up! played your LZ and JJP GNR tonight and had a Blast Two great games! Everyone support your route operators, let them take the NIB risk for you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tacshose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-nib-stern-sucks-and-i-really-want-to-like-it?tu=tacshose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.