(Topic ID: 285650)

Buying a NIB Stern sucks (and I really want to like it)!

By e4wesley

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1344183129571_7983507 (resized).png
    01BE0D7B-CDB8-4CE0-9127-4C0403EE85D4 (resized).jpeg
    98B61646-1747-4568-AAC7-6FB4BE198B8F (resized).jpeg
    E95D0306-EFF8-4889-AA13-D594B4CCED35 (resized).jpeg
    dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif
    5AD5D35A-6876-4705-92FF-B64F4EC421C5 (resized).png
    tenor (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from e4wesley:

This seems to be the exact opposite of the pin buying experience. This leaves me to feel that the Stern product quality is subpar and the Stern warranty service is even worse. I am new to buying pins. I am not looking to burn a distributor's reputation or Sterns (no names have been referenced above). I just cannot believe this is the industry standard.

Stern's quality control sucks and it's imperative to purchase from a reputable distributor. Not all distributors care about their customers the same way and there are only a handful I will purchase from. You really should be letting the pinball community know who you had bad experiences with so others can avoid them in the future. It's not "outing" anyone and they will continue to do this to the next customer if they know there are no repercussions.

Quoted from e4wesley:

P.S. I wrote a very detailed email documenting my experience and emailed it to Gary Stern and Stern customer service. It's been one month and I have not received a response nor an acknowledgment. Again, this would be completely unheard of in my industry and leaves me scratching my head.

Chances are slim Gary will actually get to read it. He doesn't care about the home collector and used to shit on us every opportunity he could during the expo seminars. Yes they make games for the home collectors however that is out of necessity since games are not on location like they used to be. He is laughing all the way to the bank as another title like LZ sells out of its LE's in a few days. If you can try to reach out to George Gomez because he has a larger presence on social media and in my past experiences seemed to have actually cared.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-nib-stern-sucks-and-i-really-want-to-like-it?tu=chooch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.