(Topic ID: 285650)

Buying a NIB Stern sucks (and I really want to like it)!

By e4wesley

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1344183129571_7983507 (resized).png
    01BE0D7B-CDB8-4CE0-9127-4C0403EE85D4 (resized).jpeg
    98B61646-1747-4568-AAC7-6FB4BE198B8F (resized).jpeg
    E95D0306-EFF8-4889-AA13-D594B4CCED35 (resized).jpeg
    dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif
    5AD5D35A-6876-4705-92FF-B64F4EC421C5 (resized).png
    tenor (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

This illustrates the importance of buying from your local distributor. A new pinball buyer needs a local distributor if they want service as well. This allows the buyer to see an play a variety of titles and ultimately purchase a play tested and inspected game.
    Unfortunately, many new buyers are more worried about getting the cheapest price, or avoiding sales tax. Rarely do the words “cheapest” and “full service” go together. If you expect full service then a dealer within a reasonable distance is a must, buying from a dealer 100’s of miles away would not be the best option. Ultimately, you will have repairs to do on any machine, it’s inevitable. So it will be very important to locate a good technician nearby.
    Many dealers provide excellent service from a distance, but they are working with the buyer whom is doing the repairs themselves. Providing parts and support, which is more the norm.
    I saw something years ago that I really appreciated this is not mine but love it
    “The rules of business, please pick two, any two.
    Great Service
    Good quality
    Cheap price
    With great service, and good quality, the price is not cheap
    With good quality and a cheap price, there is not service
    With great service and a cheap price, quality suffers”

And which two apply to stern pinball?
    *puzzled*

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

You lost me here. If you’re going to own games, you’re going need to learn how to maintain them. Hell that’s half the fun. And if you stay in the hobby long enough, most get just as much enjoyment repairing/restoring games as they do flipping them.

It´s clearly fun to fix things on games. You kind of get to know the game with time.

It´s not fun recieving something new, maybe even have a get together and then things are very far from working.

Also, with tech development it gets harder and harder to actually fix things, not to mention checking what is actually wrong, this is even further aggravated with manufacturers going the car way, with slotted parts, you cant really check, but have to replace whole components.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-nib-stern-sucks-and-i-really-want-to-like-it?tu=Dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.