21%
  • Something else :TMNT, JP, Mando 19 votes
    31%

(62 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

media (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

So my first post i was talking about my wanting to move on from spiderman red and move on to a NIB for the first time.

Contacted local distributor, great guy, we came to a good agreement on trade, now I have the biggest problem... What to get.

Options are:
Stranger things pro (nope)
Iron maiden pro (yes)
Iron maiden premium (yes)
Deadpool pro (yes)
Deadpool premium (yes)
Led zeppelin pro or premium (nope)
AIQ pro (nope)
AIQ premium (yes?)
TMNT pro or premium (don't know how I feel about it)
JP pro (no)
JP premium (not sure)
Mando pro (no)
Mando premium (not sure)

So what I am tossing around in my head it has to be the following:

Deadpool (either, not sure which makes more sense value wise) both able to get before years out

AIQ ( would have to be a premium modded with star post on the right outlane at first because... Damn!) Premium able to get before years out

Iron maiden ( either not sure which one makes more sense value wise) pro before years out, prem tbd next year ( scary)

When it comes to TMNT, JP, and Mando I have played all of them, I just don't understand TMNT, hate the playfeild art on JP, and the wait on Mando is long and not sure if I really like the gameplay even though it (looks) loaded.

So I guess what I'm asking is what do y'all suggest?

I have played a Deadpool pro, not a premium, but what I love about the premium is the cabinet art and the additional playfeild additions. I love the code, animations, theme of the game. But I feel like it might be alittle lacking on the pro, maybe the premiums extra ramp thing and disco ball add a decent amount? Let me know?

I have played both AIQs and I believe a pro is only about 60 percent of the game, it would have to be a premium, but it's hard... Which is fine, I feel like if I just swapped out the post to the star post kit that pinball life sells for it, it would be better. Not crazy about the art but I don't hate it? I love all the mechs and spinners. I like the code alit but I don't get the bingo card. Let me know?

Iron maiden... The more I play this game the more I like it, not a huge maiden fan but I do like the music. I love the art, shots, layout, music, modes. I don't quite get the code yet but I'm learning) I feel like a pro would be fine I would just upgrade the hell out of it. But I also feel like the ball lock and the figures would add alit from the premium, aswell as the cabinet art package on the prem.... But it's TBD 2022... Which scares the shit out of me and I'm not sure if I wanna wait that long... Hell anything can come out inbetw3n now and then.

I wanna get this preorder in soon so I can reserve the spot so I don't have to wait longer... And Im not gonna be that guy that keeps switching orders up, I wanna put my order in and would prefer to get the game before this year is out.

I would be happy with any of the 3 titles for sure, just don't know what model. If I do a pro It would be great money wise could pay cash today and I can upgrade the game at my leisure... But I would miss out on the prem features. If I go premium I can make the price point work, but don't see any additional cash going into it in the near future and would need to move some funds around by build date, but that's worth it for me for a pretty game aslong as the actual value is there.

I wanted enough. Thanks for yalls time. Vote the polls, and let me know and why.

#3 2 years ago

We now have a DP Premium, AIQ Premium and Mando Pro.
We have also owned a JP Pro, IMDN Pro, GB Pro,TMNT Pro and NST Pro.

If I had to choice my favorite one, it's the DP Premium.
The extra's on the Premium are worth it imo.
Don't let Pro owners tell you ssomething else.
For me, DP Premium/LE is the best machine of the decade (just my 2 cents).

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

We now have a DP Premium, AIQ Premium and Mando Pro.
We have also owned a JP Pro, IMDN Pro, GB Pro,TMNT Pro and NST Pro.
If I had to choice my favorite one, it's the DP Premium.
The extra's on the Premium are worth it imo.
Don't let Pro owners tell you ssomething else.
For me, DP Premium/LE is the best machine of the decade (just my 2 cents).

Thank you so much, why did you get rid of Iron maiden, JP, TMNT?

Does Deadpool get old? Which has deeper code: maiden, AIQ, Deadpool.

We're in a 2 pin home the other pin being a LAH

#5 2 years ago

Iron Maiden Premium would be my choice. I hate the theme, but the gameplay is amazing. IMO the best game Stern has ever made.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Iron Maiden Premium would be my choice. I hate the theme, but the gameplay is amazing. IMO the best game Stern has ever made.

Thank you so much. The best compared to elwins other titles like JP and AIQ.

Just not a fan of DP and AIQ?

#7 2 years ago

IMDN Premium or wait a month and Godzilla

#8 2 years ago

Everybody has an argument for all those games being the best, so just pick your favorite and go for it.

Forget Elwin's next game. Lol

I think Vino has it right! Everything coming out is probably overhyped.

I also love Maiden Premium

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Thank you so much. The best compared to elwins other titles like JP and AIQ.
Just not a fan of DP and AIQ?

No offense, but you are more indecisive than my wife in home goods.
All Elwins give you what you are looking for gameplay wise, but theme is always subjective.
Voted maiden based on what you’ve played FWIW.
Don’t get swayed by hype or waiting a bit longer to get what you really want.

#10 2 years ago

Whatever, just pick one.

#12 2 years ago

You want deep? Lol go with AIQ, You want low depth? Go Deadpool. Both are great. I think Mando Pro is the best Pro right now. Deadpool and AIQ premiums are great.

#13 2 years ago

I have an idea. Buy the one that you think that you will enjoy the most. If it isn't your thing, sell or trade it for a different one.

I have bought quite a few games without playing them 1st.....and witout anyone elses opinion. I am almost always happy with my decision

Someone told me that they thought I shoudn't buy EHOH. I am glad that I didn't listen. It happens to be a great game.

Good luck in making a decision. I believe that this thread will confuse you more.

I think you should buy a nice acdc premium.

#14 2 years ago

I'd go dp premium. Can't go wrong with that. If you can find jp premium consider it.

I had iron maiden, just could not get into music. That became dp for me.

#15 2 years ago

SW
DP
JP

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I'd go dp premium. Can't go wrong with that. If you can find jp premium consider it.
I had iron maiden, just could not get into music. That became dp for me.

The opposite for me. I got Iron Maiden as my first pin since I'm a big fan of the band and the premium art package, but I'm not that crazy about how it plays.

I wouldnt say I dislike it, but not among my favorites gameplay wise. I've considered trading or selling it now and then, but always end up keeping it around since was a dream theme for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-nib-stern-pt2-what-to-get and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.