• Star Trek (Premium) 88 votes
    57%
  • GhostBusters (Premium) 66 votes
    43%

(154 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0692 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago

Do you want a game that looks good or plays well? GB is a looker, but watching all the depressing Oscar nominated movies is more fun. ST has mediocre art, but plays like a real pinball machine.

Honestly, not a fan of either...there are better pins to choose from out there.

1 week later
#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

What ruined the game for me was the “Straight Down The Middle” drains that kept on coming every time I tried to do something. Even the machine would return a shot SDTM. Also, that extra out lane was another drain maker. I spent more time watching the ball drain than I did enjoying the actual modes. I’m not going to call it a bad game

...but you are, basically. Cuz it is. It's OK to say it.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

When GB was announced, it shot straight to the top of my want list. The more I played it, the more it went down that list. I still enjoy playing it but just doesn't come together well. ST is can get to be a grind and isn't as attractive as GB. However, it does the flow thing very well and a lot more fun once you learn the rules.
Have you tried MET? It looks pretty good and plays great. Theme is not my favorite but I think it is the most balanced Stern pin. Good presentation, good rules, balanced scoring, balanced difficulty, and easy to learn how to play.

Yup. Metallica was their last great game, IMO. Fires on all cylinders, works on every level for any type of player. There's a reason they extended the contract to keep producing it..

1 week later
#110 7 years ago

Be sure to read up on all of X-Men LE's NIB issues before you jump in! The game was a true nightmare for us who bought it NIB back when it came out. You'll most likely need updated aux boards...I'd check with Stern to see if they still have them available.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Part of the deal with the seller is a new auxiliary board and a backup board for replacement. They're an authorized Stern dealer and stated that the machine would come with a full warranty plus their own customer support.
First thing I'm doing upon unboxing the pin is replacing the board, installing a new Wolverine toy from Bowen on the newton bracket and updating the software to the latest code. I plan on adding a few other toys from the Bowen line and doing some repainting of the toys to bring them up to my crazy standards.
I read through the entire X-Men thread, please let me know if I'm missing anything else to do before playing. Hopefully this will lessen any frustrations lol

Sounds like you're on it! Not sure if anyone swapped out Shittybeast's voice yet with the Pinball Browser...but if you can handle that asshole's callouts, you're good to go lol

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from Chicagoland:

I would have to agree. Gb prem is one of the best to date from stern.

Best of the worst! Everyone knows how much I hate X-Men, and I think NintenBear made the right choice lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

15,699 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-nib-pinball-ghostbusters-vs-star-trek?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.