• Star Trek (Premium) 88 votes
    57%
  • GhostBusters (Premium) 66 votes
    43%

(154 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0692 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 7 years ago

ST is the way to go. I sold my Pro and miss it. I would buy a Prem back. Shots are smooth and fun. Deep code with a few different ways to play. It is what pinball is all about.

GB is a turd to play. It is not fun at all. So many cheap drains. The shots are narrow, but unsatisfying to hit. Kids theme that kids hate to play because who ever designed it forgot about that and went for brutal instead of fun on the game play. Good job! "Well my kids love it!" - well your kids must be named Uni and Bigfoot then. The modes are the same old stuff one after another. If you get an extra ball go make a sandwich and come back because that is how long the game will take to tell you you got an extra ball. Are there any references to the actors on the DMD at all? I don't recall. I tried to like GB and would have bought it if it was any good, but I don't care if I ever play it again. People love it, but there are many folks like myself out there who are gentler in their reviews and less outspoken as myself.

I would wait until SW comes out and get a GB then because IMHO it will be the number one game sold to get cash and space for SW. Could be wrong, but we will see.

Xmen is a good shooters game. If you like the theme look at that if you can find a HUO LE for $5000 local.

#53 7 years ago

Go buy GB and say how great it is and then dump it before everyone else does when SW comes out.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

ST (premium)
-has full color inserts (like 60+ lights) instead of 7 arrow inserts.
-Warp ramp chase lights
-has Vengeance ship that crashes to the PF when destroyed.
-has laser star field projection (meh but it's much nicer with blackout mod and with the upgraded laser).
-asteroids
-different scoop return
-kicker
-wire ramps
LE adds
-laser lighted etched side rails
-side head shield emblem
-metal lighted speaker panel

Prem has nice red armor also. It got stripped off GB prem.

#93 7 years ago

Just my opinion and people like it but GB just plain old sucks. People are afraid to say it but I always do. I think everyone wanted to like GB, my self included, but man that game is not any fun. Great butt kicking games are IM and TWD. Not GB. IM and TWD are really fun also with flow and great shots. Funny thing is casual players and kids actually play IM and TWD and hit start again?! Not GB. If your kids like GB - great! Not the norm which is disappointing beacuee GB could have been a something for everyone game. But Trudeau messed up and could not hold back a little and he said he went for brutal gameplay on it. Such a bad move. He made GB a cheap draining mess and made it so boring with the stop and go and ball getting stuck in the pops for 15 seconds. Owners tweak the game to make it easier, not play better. Something for everyone.

I bet folks when get their GB play fields fixed then they will be going out the doors. If you want GB wait until SW comes out because GB will flood the market so folks can get money and space for SW. Probably happen later this year.

Congrats on ST.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

"GB just plain old sucks"
That's kinda funny because Ghostbusters is the go to game for everyone that comes over to my house and wants to play pinball. I don't see how anyone could possibly think that GB sucks. I dont think I've ever had so much fun playing pinball as I have with GB. I sure hope Stern can keep making games that suck as bad as GB does because we are going to have a lot of fun if they do!

I know. I love me some Sterns, but GB does nothing for me. I really think the designer messed up on GB and if he did a better job the game would be off the charts. As of now though I am done. Had a friend coach me on it and he is a great coach and helps me learn to enjoy games, but he could not pull me through on his GBLE. The same friend coached me through on another game I did not get - GOT and I put up 1.6 Billion with his help and had an intense great time playing games with him. I went from meh to wow on GOT!

A lot of owners love GB and I know folks who tried and were done with it after not to long. If folks don't like games I like I dont care. Something for everyone. Glad you are on the "I like it" side of GB. I wish I was to. I wnat to like every game. Play the crap out of GB and have fun. Sounds like you are on your way.

#102 7 years ago

Alright. I won't give up and keep giving a go on GB.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-nib-pinball-ghostbusters-vs-star-trek?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.