• Star Trek (Premium) 88 votes
    57%
  • GhostBusters (Premium) 66 votes
    43%

(154 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0692 (resized).JPG
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Who -Dey
You are probably a good player. I'm not and don't seem to get first base on GB. given the choice at nice arcades with GB I play a game or two and move on. Cool looking ,like the theme but I can take only so much abuse.

I'm an average player, not a pro by any means. You probably just had some bad games if you've only played it a few times here and there. I think a person needs to spend an hour on a GB at least before making a decision on if they like it or not honestly. It is a game that takes some getting used to for sure but if you are even just an average player you will have some good games on it and see how much fun it can be. It's my favorite pin by far and I have a TWD and a GOT sitting beside it even so that kinda shows you how much I like it because TWD and GOT are both awesome games too.

#102 7 years ago

Alright. I won't give up and keep giving a go on GB.

#103 7 years ago

GB is definitely a game that requires a higher than average skill level if you want consistently good scores. The game forces you to play defensively, and judicial nudging is imperative. I'd also recommend practicing your slide saves. That huge flipper gap makes it a necessary skill to master.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

GB is definitely a game that requires a higher than average skill level if you want consistently good scores. The game forces you to play defensively, and judicial nudging is imperative. I'd also recommend practicing your slide saves. That huge flipper gap makes it a necessary skill to master.

Slap saves don't work at my house because my floor is thick carpet and the machine barely moves. When I see a ball that is a no doubter coming SDTM, I just watch it go by because you can't move my machine far enough to the right or left to save one in that Grand Canyon size gap lol. Even in my situation though, the gap still isn't all that terrible....definitely sucks sometimes but it's not that bad.

#105 7 years ago

You definitely made the right choice. I am regretting my GB Prem and want to put a fking sledge hammer to it. Too much bullshit trying to make it play "well". GB is prettier, sounds better, and has a more authentic theme (I enjoy the new star treks but they don't hold a candle to the originals) but the game plays like a brick. Enjoy your ST.

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

You definitely made the right choice. I am regretting my GB Prem and want to put a fking sledge hammer to it. Too much bullshit trying to make it play "well". GB is prettier, sounds better, and has a more authentic theme (I enjoy the new star treks but they don't hold a candle to the originals) but the game plays like a brick. Enjoy your ST.

What kind of problems are you having with your GB?

#107 7 years ago

Having spent an hour on GB, I could see myself wanting to put a sledgehammer through it too lol. But now comes this opportunity for a NIB X-Men....third world Pinball problems lol

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

You definitely made the right choice. I am regretting my GB Prem and want to put a fking sledge hammer to it.

Probably get your monies back by selling now or close to it? Just sell it, you'll feel better. I kept going back to my pro and trying to enjoy it, thinking there's no way I could really dump it that quick. I did, and I feel better and someone got a game they enjoy from me; win win.

#109 7 years ago

Definitely sell the GB if you're not happy. People are getting almost all of there funds back to boot. But I'd do so before the influx of machines that will be listed for sale when SW.

I've decided to go X-Men LE NIB as all of the current NIB sellers with ST in stock are acting as if they've got the holy grail. Some sellers have two ST Premiums in stock and aren't budging on price.

So NIB X-Men LE and eventually a HUO ST. I'm going to hold out for a STLE.

#110 7 years ago

Be sure to read up on all of X-Men LE's NIB issues before you jump in! The game was a true nightmare for us who bought it NIB back when it came out. You'll most likely need updated aux boards...I'd check with Stern to see if they still have them available.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Be sure to read up on all of X-Men LE's NIB issues before you jump in! The game was a true nightmare for us who bought it NIB back when it came out. You'll most likely need updated aux boards...I'd check with Stern to see if they still have them available.

Part of the deal with the seller is a new auxiliary board and a backup board for replacement. They're an authorized Stern dealer and stated that the machine would come with a full warranty plus their own customer support.

First thing I'm doing upon unboxing the pin is replacing the board, installing a new Wolverine toy from Bowen on the newton bracket and updating the software to the latest code. I plan on adding a few other toys from the Bowen line and doing some repainting of the toys to bring them up to my crazy standards.

I read through the entire X-Men thread, please let me know if I'm missing anything else to do before playing. Hopefully this will lessen any frustrations lol

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Part of the deal with the seller is a new auxiliary board and a backup board for replacement. They're an authorized Stern dealer and stated that the machine would come with a full warranty plus their own customer support.
First thing I'm doing upon unboxing the pin is replacing the board, installing a new Wolverine toy from Bowen on the newton bracket and updating the software to the latest code. I plan on adding a few other toys from the Bowen line and doing some repainting of the toys to bring them up to my crazy standards.
I read through the entire X-Men thread, please let me know if I'm missing anything else to do before playing. Hopefully this will lessen any frustrations lol

Sounds like you're on it! Not sure if anyone swapped out Shittybeast's voice yet with the Pinball Browser...but if you can handle that asshole's callouts, you're good to go lol

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sounds like you're on it! Not sure if anyone swapped out Shittybeast's voice yet with the Pinball Browser...but if you can handle that asshole's callouts, you're good to go lol

lol. I was planning on modifying some of the callouts with clips from the old 90's cartoon. I even want to get the shows theme music in there. Not sure why they didn't contract out that cast. Now if they ever do a Batman the Animated Series Pinball....

#114 7 years ago

Just curious, what do they want for a NIB ST Premium? I have a STLE as well as GBLE and was thinking about potential sell of my STLE. Wondering what kind of $$ I could ask. I invested a ton in mods and never thought I would sell but I am getting full here so gotta move something at some point.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Just curious, what do they want for a NIB ST Premium? I have a STLE as well as GBLE and was thinking about potential sell of my STLE. Wondering what kind of $$ I could ask. I invested a ton in mods and never thought I would sell but I am getting full here so gotta move something at some point.

$7400-$7600 was the average asking price NIB as of yesterday. I'd check the archive section to see what STLE have been averaging. Definitely a sweet machine!

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

lol. I was planning on modifying some of the callouts with clips from the old 90's cartoon. I even want to get the shows theme music in there. Not sure why they didn't contract out that cast. Now if they ever do a Batman the Animated Series Pinball....

B:TAS is insta-buy with a good designer/programmer on the billing. That and Pulp Fiction.

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

I have all three and would NEVER sell GB(premium), I think it's the best pin Stern ever made, a ton of action, next is X-men and then ST, but really I won't be getting rid of any of them.

I would have to agree. Gb prem is one of the best to date from stern.

#118 7 years ago

I had to make this choice a month ago and purchased a ST Premium. Both are great games and you will be happy with either game. I think the choice comes down to which theme do you like best and which operating system SAM or SPIKE you want.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from Chicagoland:

I would have to agree. Gb prem is one of the best to date from stern.

Best of the worst! Everyone knows how much I hate X-Men, and I think NintenBear made the right choice lol

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Best of the worst! Everyone knows how much I hate X-Men, and I think NintenBear made the right choice lol

lol. X-Men isn't for everyone, that's for sure! But I keep going back to it over and over again. It's the right choice for me. And then eventually I will add a STLE to my micro collection lol.

#121 7 years ago

I def would not buy XM, but I know some people love it. I had it for 4 years so it has some staying power that's true. But I got tired of it ultimately. But of course it's not like getting married if you get tired of a pin just trade it for a different pin. I traded my XMLE for TWD pro. I may have lost out on the exchange money wise but fun wise, I am very happy and that's all that matters.

#122 7 years ago

Happiness is what it all comes down to. Thankfully the selection allows us to be able to pick and choose what we want in our collection and trade later down the line if we get bored. It's an awesome hobby!

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Thankfully the selection allows us to be able to pick and choose what we want in our collection and trade later down the line if we get bored.

Yep if you don't like it you can get rid of it and grab another...no big deal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-nib-pinball-ghostbusters-vs-star-trek/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.