Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 149 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Strummy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ricky2 (resized).jpeg
    81BC13F6-234E-4862-860E-697377A8031B.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from rue_:

I was an operator in CA a decade ago. Had 47 machines on route. I planned on building a route up at the first of the year. I'm definitely not some casual pin player looking for a machine for my man cave. I don't need "hand-holding" or any such treatment. What I need is a distributor that can tell me what they have physical possession of in stock, how much that is, how much is shipping to my shop, how long that is estimated to take, etc.. If you think a week to answer these questions is hand holding I don't what to say. It's not normal business in any other industry. We could have had a deal done the first day if the guy would have been responsive. It took about 45mins with another distributor that actually replies.

Then you probably need to learn how to use a smart phone for communication/business and not rely on 50 year old, slow technology [email]. Use a distributor that will answer your phone call and you can typically have things squared away in 10 minutes. I have NEVER had a problem buying something in stock from local distributors with a simple phone call or TXT message. If you are going PREM or LE, that is a completely different matter and I wish you luck on your quest.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from rue_:

I mean telephone is ancient tech compared to email. I don't know what you do for a living but email is very fast and used widely in business.

Outside of a receipt, these days, it’s too slow and inefficient when buying and selling. Messaging apps and texting are way easier to use, more secure, and more widely used as well.

Let’s just say that most people are not hovering over their email inbox anymore waiting to respond to a potential customer. In my industry, you are much more likely to get a sale finalized in minutes if you are using texting and phone calls instead of emailing back and forth, waiting for hours or sometimes days for responses on both ends. We certainly still use emails but it’s quickly being lapped by sales reps in my industry that use those other “faster” tools.

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Your concept of "slow email" cracks me up!

You fail to understand the concepts, not I.

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from rue_:

I disagree. Most people had a smart phone and receive emails on their phones. I certainly do and have for half a decade. When I worked as a cop it was also widely utilized. I could radio dispatch and have a no contact order, mug shot, parenting plan, whatever in seconds via email to my phone.
    You don’t like my method of contact yet another company emailed me back and we got the deal done. Obviously it works fine.

It only works fine when it does. No one is criticizing how you get things done. Email is slower. If our sales team relied solely on emails, they would loose millions in sales to another supplier. Some customers demand more and for a lot of those customers, if an email sits in an inbox for 20 minutes, they just order the products we sell from somewhere else and we lose the sale….

(We have about 30K regular customers.). So you see, we can’t afford to rely on email for our sales because it’s too slow and we would lose out on a ton of business. People need time off and to eat lunch. That is why texting and phone calls are more productive (and faster) for some businesses. Also, in response to someone else, we don’t need an email trail of what’s ordered. If someone says they didn’t order it or it was a mistake, they can pay the shipping and simply return it to us, no problem. Likewise, texts are retained in the cloud... We have needed to refer to them but, not often enough to worry about it much.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-new-machine-sucks?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.