(Topic ID: 224424)

Buying a new machine, have a couple of options and want some input

By Rewdood

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rewdood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I am looking into buying a new machine, and have the narrowed it down to a choice of five machines. The only problem is I have only played one of the ones I am looking into, so I was hoping some people could give me advice. Had I played them all this decision would be much easier!

Here are the ones I have narrowed it down to

The Walking Dead Pro
    Iron Maiden Pro
    Metallica Pro
    Star Wars Pro
    Ghostbusters Pro

I have played about 15 games on Star Wars and really enjoy it. My Girlfriend (who will be playing it in the house a lot as well) also liked Star Wars.

We are both pretty big fans of Iron Maiden, Metallica, TWD, and Star Wars. She isn't crazy on the Ghostbusters theme but I have watched a lot of game play and it looks really fun.

Thank you for any insight

#4 5 years ago

Thank you vid that helps a lot!

We would like a machine we don't get to play often, and the few bars with machines around here all seem to have Star Wars.

#7 5 years ago

Out of Metallica and Iron Maiden, what makes Iron Maiden the more preferred?

Watching gameplay of Metallica, my girlfriend said "It looks like you just keep hitting that electric chair guy over and over."

#13 5 years ago

It looks like my first gut feeling to pick up Iron Maiden was right. Thank you all for the input! I do really want to try out Metallica and TWD one day...

#17 5 years ago

How do they hold up to the Attack on Mars remake? I have played the original a LOT but about 5 years ago. Medieval Madness is one I am going to go try today as well.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

I wouldn't let a girlfriend decide.

She pays 60% of the mortgage so I gotta make her happy lol

#21 5 years ago

rai How does it compare to Iron Maiden? Worth the extra money for the pro version of AFM?

#30 5 years ago

Well I got to play MM last night and immediately wanted it. However the price difference between it and Iron Maiden has really pushed me to Iron Maiden.

Thank you all for the input it has been incredibly helpful!

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

All of these games are avail to play in Reno... if thats where you are.
    Highly suggest putting some games on all of them before dropping 5 or 6k on a pin.
    That being said... my personal opinion is Iron Maiden. For the price, hands down it offers more value than the other pins on your list.

Not seeing Iron Maiden anywhere, but I have plans to try out the others soon.

#41 5 years ago

The problem is I cannot play Iron Maiden, and have (finally) played the others and do not feel the need to buy them. I am not super worried about Iron Maiden not gelling with me as I have watched countless hours of play on it and am a huge fan of the band, music, and theme. I really don't like buying games before playing, I even downloaded VPX and pulled my hair out for a couple days getting certain games to run (poorly) on my PC just to try them out.

Based on feedback from you guys and videos, I am confident I will not be disappointed. So thank you all very much

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rewdood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-new-machine-have-a-couple-of-options-and-want-some-input?tu=rewdood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.