(Topic ID: 135939)

Buying a Fully Restored Pin

By TBatti

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago

If you commission a high-end ground up restoration from a professional, you are unlikely to get your money back...particularly in the new age of remake anticipation

If you do the job yourself, it's a lot of work but the sense of accomplishment is immense. I've done a few mid-end restorations myself and it was really gratifying.

Typically the best deal is finding a high-end ground up restoration that's being resold. Resale HEP restorations typically sell in the 8-10k range and they usually cost much more originally.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Depending on the title, your top number could be a few thousand more. I don't think you're gonna find a 10k HEP MM anytime soon.

Unclear...maybe. I can tell you that I have a HEP AFM that I'm fairly certain wouldn't fetch more than 9-10k. I've seen HEP CFTBL sell for 6-7k! With MMR, I would be surprised if you'd get much more than 10k frankly. I guess 11-12k is conceivable...

#28 8 years ago

No doubt people can ask whatever they want for their HEP. In Florida, I had an opportunity to purchase a HEP TZ for 10k not so long ago. Have no idea if it was as nice as the example you forwarded, but 14k is richly priced for TZ. I decided to keep my HUO example (and I doubt it wouldn't fetch over 8k).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-fully-restored-pin?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.