Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Coz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What new/used pin should I add?”

• Stranger Things 23 votes
      14%
    • Deadpool 67 votes
      40%
    • Guardians of the Galaxy 10 votes
      6%
    • Iron Maiden 14 votes
      8%
    • Beatles 10 votes
      6%
    • Metallica 19 votes
      11%
    • Star Trek 2 votes
      1%
    • Black Knight 6 votes
      4%
    • Game of Thrones 7 votes
      4%
    • Other - let me know what you like 8 votes
      5%

(166 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor.gif
    3mwfie (resized).jpg
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I’ve got a few pins on location at a local brewery- Ballad Brewing in Danville VA. Just sold Munsters and I’m looking to add a 4th pin and just looking for advice/opinions. It’s mainly casual pinball fans playing, we don’t have leagues or tournaments -yet. What new/used pin should I add to the lineup? Mainly looking for newer sterns to keep replacement parts - I currently have Star Wars, Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park.

Looking to see what could satisfy the casual fan but also keep better players satisfied.

#2 4 years ago

I’m going to go with Beatles. Much different than the others and variety is king in my opinion. Good theme and many of the breweries in my area if they have music on it’s generally classic rock and rock.

The casual fan comment is key, when we have people over who aren’t die hard pinball players they tend to gravitate to Beatles and keep hitting the start button.

#3 4 years ago

Stranger Things.

Broad market appeal and a brand people recognize. It has an ‘Oh wow’ toy with the demogorgon. Nice use of synth music. Experienced players will want to check it out and casuals will play it because Stranger Things.

#4 4 years ago

Deadpool,I know a couple of folks that route pins and Deadpool does well on location. We love our Deadpool!

#5 4 years ago

Attack from Mars!!

#6 4 years ago

Deadpool seems to do good in all the locations near me.

#7 4 years ago

I think Metallica would balance out the three pins you currently have on location. It might be nice to have something with a little bit of edge to provide an alternative to the more family friendly themes.

#8 4 years ago

You’ve gone with all science fiction movie themes thus far, so Star Trek or Deadpool are the logical choice. I personally prefer older style SS machines, so I would go with Fathom or Star Gazer to give a little variation to the line up.

#9 4 years ago

Deadpool would be my first choice. I’d also recommend Stranger Things as a solid choice due to its popularity. Although I haven’t played Stranger Things and am just going on the “new factor” and it’s popularity.

#10 4 years ago

Always go with the latest... Stranger Things

#11 4 years ago

I choose BK because people recognize the name in pinball

#12 4 years ago

Make sure you let us know what you decide to buy

#13 4 years ago

Get a remake!

#14 4 years ago

Walking Dead kills on location.

#15 4 years ago

Of the existing games, what seems to be the highest performer?

#16 4 years ago

Heard from a location bird that Stranger Things is the best performing pin on location ever! DP would be second and GOTG third from what you don’t have already, which are solid performers. Games you have should be good ones, which you know.

#17 4 years ago

Always just a casual player told the wife I wanted a pinball machine she said lets play a few games and get a feel what we like. Went to a local place Rock Fantasy with wife and kids (16 & 21 year old) played almost all of Rock Fantasy’s 40 pins. All agreed we had a blast with Gotg. We loved the music and the Multiball with groots mouth. Later that month purchased my first pinball machine Gotg. Don’t forget my family and I knew nothing about code and game play other then hitting the ball. Since then my family and I have evolved and we are hooked. So my vote will go to Gotg.

#18 4 years ago

I like Metallica more, but I feel like Deadpool would do better on route. Even though it's family friendly, I still think people will think it's more edgy.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Of the existing games, what seems to be the highest performer?

Ghostbusters is always the highest earning, but they are all close. Just trying to get opinions. I definitely want something that a random casual fan will enjoy, but also fun for more experienced players.

#20 4 years ago

I think Aerosmith Pro would do well, ac/dc pro/premium would be popular too.
    I enjoy both more than a Metallica. Not saying Metallica isn’t a good game but I had one and it didn’t stay too long.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Ghostbusters is always the highest earning, but they are all close. Just trying to get opinions. I definitely want something that a random casual fan will enjoy, but also fun for more experienced players.

TNA?

#22 4 years ago

I voted for MET but DP is a very close second. Always curious how GB does with the just casual player in your setting but sounds like it does well for you.
    I also like TNA.

#24 4 years ago

I actually owned both of these last year and unfortunately sold them when we had our 3rd child, and also before I had the brewery opportunity. Seems like a lot of people are recommending Deadpool. I actually asked the guy that I sold it to if he’d consider selling back, but he’s really enjoying it.

#25 4 years ago

Ummm. That would be a no.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Ummm. That would be a no.

Come on... it would make the other pins look so much better! Might improve business!

#27 4 years ago

For casual pinball fans I would say something that has straight forward rules, such as shoot the lit shot. As much as I like Game of Thrones (Might actually be my favorite game) the rules can be complicated for anyone just walking up to the machine.

Metallica gets the most play at my house even as I move newer machines in.

I really liked Black Knight and it is fairly simple as far as the multiballs are concerned as well as the modes. Also Black Knight has fairly quick ball times.

Stranger Things is a fun game. I only have a dozen or so games on it, but it seems fairly straight forward as far as rules. This title will probably catch most people attention. The only thing that concerns me is the one where I play was out of order within 2 weeks on location. Ball wouldn't eject from behind the screen and the screen wouldn't come down all the way. This is the only machine I have seen out of order at this location. They always put the newest machine out as soon as it comes out.

Honestly all but one of the games you have listed sound good to me. I personally would stay away from Beatles. I only held my interest for a few games and the place I play only had it on location for a few weeks.

#28 4 years ago

Gotta very things up a bit... add a JJP or classic B/W title.

#29 4 years ago

For casual players I would suggest a fan layout. Approachable and easier for players to shoot. AFMR, GOTG, ST would be my choice. A fan compliments the other pins you have on route as well.

#30 4 years ago

Afmr ce or gotg pro
    Don’t know your brewery traffic but both games have approachable layouts/themes, reliable, and good with casuals or players.
    Go with what would likely earn best at your location without taking a big hit.

#31 4 years ago

I should avoid late night postings... the typos are atrocious You might say "vary" atrocious.

#32 4 years ago

Metallica or TWD.. are both easily the best Pro Sterns made in several years..
    TWD also has very complete code.. both have several easy to start Multi balls for the casual fans..
    especially entertaining for the players and those watching is the start of Sparky Multiball.. one of the best ever!

#33 4 years ago

Seems like Oktoberfest should be mandatory.

#34 4 years ago

What about MM remake? newbies love the castle toy, always a crowd pleaser

#35 4 years ago

I'm not an operator, but from my perspective it's about getting pinball to the masses, but also how can I make the most money. With that said I wouldn't typically look past a Stern pro as they have the lowest purchase price. I don't think you would get the casual player to play anymore, or pay anymore, by spending thousands more on a premium, remake, etc. Now a place that has diehard pinheads is another story. Just my thought and I could be way off.

#36 4 years ago

well since its a brewery why not Oktoberfest??

#37 4 years ago

Metallica or Maiden would round that out pretty nice...slight edge towards Met

#38 4 years ago

Deadpool for the mass-appeal and earnings.

#39 4 years ago

Deadpool earns great and casuals love it. Stranger Things is actually earning VERY well so far, but need to see what kind of drop off it sees after 90 days.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I'm not an operator, but from my perspective it's about getting pinball to the masses, but also how can I make the most money. With that said I wouldn't typically look past a Stern pro as they have the lowest purchase price. I don't think you would get the casual player to play anymore, or pay anymore, by spending thousands more on a premium, remake, etc. Now a place that has diehard pinheads is another story. Just my thought and I could be way off.

Exactly. At my brewery location it’s probably 95% casual fans. They wouldn’t know the difference in a pro vs LE. Also why I don’t really want a MM or more expensive title, it won’t make more money. I plan on rotating pins in every 4-6 months to keep things fresh. Stern pros have been doing really well.

Thanks for all the input and opinions - I appreciate it

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Exactly. At my brewery location it’s probably 95% casual fans. They wouldn’t know the difference in a pro vs LE. Also why I don’t really want a MM or more expensive title, it won’t make more money. I plan on rotating pins in every 4-6 months to keep things fresh. Stern pros have been doing really well.
    Thanks for all the input and opinions - I appreciate it

If you are going to be rotating games in that frequently, I would just swap in the latest Stern Pro release each time. Rotate out the lowest earner, and repeat.

#42 4 years ago

Deadpool Pro

Fun game
    Funny Theme
    A available used

#43 4 years ago

Champion Pub

Simplistic straightforward ruleset for casual players, fun toys & gimmicks throughout, pub theme

#44 4 years ago

For a quality brewery that cares about the ambience it presents, Deadpool is probably the least uncool game on the list.

#45 4 years ago

Deadpool is so fun to shoot. It has my vote.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

For a quality brewery that cares about the ambience it presents, Deadpool is probably the least uncool game on the list.

*coughBeatlescough*

EDIT: I can't read the difference between uncool and cool. I stick with my vote for Deadpool and agree with o-din that I am indeed correct.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

*coughBeatlescough*

Breweries are hip spots, they aren't nursing homes..

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Yeah, if I want to feel old, I'll just stay home and read pinside.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Which is why I said Beatles is less cool than Deadpool.

EDIT: Woop -- misread all of this.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Which is why I said Beatles is less cool than Deadpool.

To be fair, Beatles is as cool as Iron Maiden and Metallica.

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-a-4th-pin-for-brewery?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.