(Topic ID: 104212)

Buying 2nd pin - DE - LAH or JP??

By dsmoke1986

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

So I finally took the plunge and bought my first pin a couple of months back, got WWFRR, love it...It's awesome, I think I want to buy another DE title.

Have it narrowed down between LAH and JP.

What do you guys think, which is better? Am looking for one that will get played by guests, appeal to girls and kids as the WWF pin is very narrowly focused on my love for wrestling.

Dave

#2 9 years ago

Kids will love dinosaurs.....the other one is alot less kid oriented.....but I like the crane shot. JP is guranteed a multiball with the smart missile not sure if LAH has something similar.

#3 9 years ago

I've got both sitting beside each other. Right now my JP isn't running, but at a normal party at my house with around 12 people, half adults and half kids 7-14, the JP wins hands down. The girls and boys like it equally. LAH also gets quite a bit of love for the crane and magnets, but they're just not as familiar with the movie and therefore the modes aren't as easy to follow. Everyone knows what a stampede is, but not everyone understands the scenes from a movie that was made before they were born.

They're sister machines, share the same sounds, Smart Missle, shaker motor, mode gameplay, etc so they are going to play somewhat similar. Layout-wise they aren't the same of course, but if you are familiar with how one works, you'll quickly feel at home on the other.

JP seems to be a little easier to find, although still not common. I had to have mind shipped in from across the country. JP also goes for a little more money, which is probably due to the wider appeal of the theme. And of course with the new Jurassic Park movies coming out, I assume that dinos will once again be a hot item.

This may be a little more help for LAH:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinions-of-lah

You probably can't go wrong either way. Good luck!

#4 9 years ago

JP is a good game, but LAH is pretty killer imo. Lots to do, many modes, good shots, tons of interactive toys. For pure gameplay, I think it edges out JP. Some similarity to WWFRR in the way you start various modes with scoop shots, but a very different feel.

#5 9 years ago

What about giving a nice Williams or Bally a try? WPC era pins are my favorite.

If you must though, I'd go JP

#6 9 years ago

I've thought about the B/W games, but something about the DE's I love...I don't know, they just appeal to me more.

Thanks for the info guys, I'm leaning towards JP, it is more expensive, but still reasonably priced.

#7 9 years ago

I love the jurassic park books and movies. I wasn't big into the game. I played it when I first started getting into pinball, so maybe I didn't fully understand it. LAH I've only played once though. Tough call. You'll maybe want to try each, either in person or on virtual pin. There is a code update/remake coming isnt there for JP? May be worth to get for that. LAH is kind of a gem in the rough. I hear it is a great game, but the theme was meh.

#8 9 years ago

I've owned LAH. Great game, incredible bang for the buck. I had a really nice one with full LEDs and couldn't get but $1400 out of it. JP has a similar layout to whirlwind and the dinosaur theme. If I had to choose, I'd choose JP. However, you really can't go wrong with either game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-2nd-pin-de-lah-or-jp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.