Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by curban
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Buyers...is 'cash on the glass' ever a deal-breaker for you on local pickup”

• No, cash requirement is never a deal breaker on a local purchase 174 votes
      94%
    • Yes, I might back out of a deal if the Seller requires cash 11 votes
      6%

(185 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF7A9ED3-6B19-4D2A-81CF-032CC6FD1F15 (resized).jpeg
    22BA5928-6F5B-4900-9D10-6329305E872D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6771 (resized).JPG
    20220918_175859 (resized).jpg
    1ADA4B7B-C9DE-45C3-80FC-4B497ACCC9F2.gif
    930bb9b3-bcb0-4c43-9c29-9d6baae15cd6_text.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoneycreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 1 year ago

As someone who is about 2 hours from my nearest bank branch, I have trouble with quickly getting cash for a purchase. One of my recent purchases for about $5K was in cash because the seller would not take Zelle or Paypal. I had to use an ATM multiple times/days to get all the $20 bills (250 of them if my math works). The seller complained bitterly about that too.

It's the sellers prerogative to demand cash.
    Perhaps in another 10 years people will come to learn that Zelle is a bank-to-bank wire transfer and be OK with it. Until then cash is king, even in small bills.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

I kinda doubt people really want a long electronic paper trail of all their pin sales.

"I hate dealing with paranoid people." -lorddrek

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

There’s still a way to get scammed accepting Zelle. It involves unauthorized transactions. I’ve read about a couple Zelle scams.
    I’ve done personal checks with a copy of the persons drivers license. Less than ideal, but every time they were older people and I had a good gut feeling. It’s worked out so far, but I do not prefer it.

Let's hear the details. meanwhile, a bank transfer is a bank transfer. no turning back. no fraud insurance. no delay.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from curban:

Well,so far the poll is unamimous about nobody backing out of a deal because the Seller requires cash. Good to hear.
    By the comments in this thread, it does seem that a few are comfortable with Zelle or even prefer it. Also good to know.
    I went to my credit union and asked them directly how Zelle works and whether the money can be 'pulled back' once it hits my account. My credit union said that the Buyer can not pull back the funds, but that Zelle CAN pull back the funds from my account without mine or my credit union's permission. So then the question becomes 'under what circumstance would Zelle ever pull money back'. I didn't get an answer, but the conversation left me without enough doubt that I don't believe Zelle is 100% safe or 'as good as cash'. Considering the entire correspondence with the potential buyer, I suspect that I was being setup for a scam of some sort. Maybe I'm one of those paranoid aholes!

Zelle can pull back a transaction the the source or destination bank's systems flags fraud, or some other worse condition like money laundering etc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoneycreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyersis-cash-on-the-glass-a-deal-breaker-for-you-on-local-pickup?tu=stoneycreek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.