Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by curban
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Buyers...is 'cash on the glass' ever a deal-breaker for you on local pickup”

• No, cash requirement is never a deal breaker on a local purchase 174 votes
      94%
    • Yes, I might back out of a deal if the Seller requires cash 11 votes
      6%

(185 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF7A9ED3-6B19-4D2A-81CF-032CC6FD1F15 (resized).jpeg
    22BA5928-6F5B-4900-9D10-6329305E872D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6771 (resized).JPG
    20220918_175859 (resized).jpg
    1ADA4B7B-C9DE-45C3-80FC-4B497ACCC9F2.gif
    930bb9b3-bcb0-4c43-9c29-9d6baae15cd6_text.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 1 year ago

I’m definitely a cash on the glass buyer - however I have experienced a couple of times where the bank gets pissed off I’m withdrawing so much money in cash (these games are damn expensive!). They say they don’t carry as much day to day because people aren’t using it as much. One bank branch were asses about it - the other one politely told me that I should call ahead just to make sure they have enough on hand.

#64 1 year ago

I’ll save you the time and give the Cliff’s Notes version: cash on the glass. Pick up in person. Send another Pinsider if out of state to inspect the game. Only acceptable digital transaction is a bank transfer.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Your not wrong. Why you were downvoted makes no sense. Transactions over $600 will be taxed if you sell something like on eBay.

This isn’t happening any more . Maybe next year?

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

As a seller, if someone makes an offer over an email/PM and says "cash on the glass" I'm immediately annoyed. I will likely give them less latitude in my price, simply because I hate that phrase. I pretty much only take cash in person or bank wire for long distance. If I don't know you their are no exceptions.
    As a buyer I have no qualms with carrying large amounts of cash, never really had to go over $12,500 though. Did a $20k transaction over 2 trips to a really sketchy place (bad part of town, ex pro-wrestler owner named Jimmy Jact Cash who carried a pistol so he didn't get robbed) but it worked out well! Bigger the risks, bigger the gains, sometimes...

Remind me never to make a deal with you! so you want to take cash on the glass but the buyer isn’t allowed to use that idiom? Sheesh…

#149 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

As a seller I make the rules. As a buyer I makes the rules. If the other party doesn't agree to or like my rules then there's no deal. It's that simple.

Exactly

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyersis-cash-on-the-glass-a-deal-breaker-for-you-on-local-pickup?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.