Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by curban
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Buyers...is 'cash on the glass' ever a deal-breaker for you on local pickup”

• No, cash requirement is never a deal breaker on a local purchase 174 votes
      94%
    • Yes, I might back out of a deal if the Seller requires cash 11 votes
      6%

(185 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF7A9ED3-6B19-4D2A-81CF-032CC6FD1F15 (resized).jpeg
    22BA5928-6F5B-4900-9D10-6329305E872D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6771 (resized).JPG
    20220918_175859 (resized).jpg
    1ADA4B7B-C9DE-45C3-80FC-4B497ACCC9F2.gif
    930bb9b3-bcb0-4c43-9c29-9d6baae15cd6_text.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Neal_W.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 1 year ago

Someone posted before that a currency checking pen can be tricked and I was curious how - I read that a forger can bleach a lower denomination bill and reprint it is as a larger bill to trick the pen, and using a UV light to view the fibers in the paper was recommended. Each denomination has different colored UV fibers.

It seems the vertical strip inside the bill would also identify a washed bill since it is in a different position for each size bill and the denomination is shown on the strip when held up to a light.

Fortunately I know lots of pinheads locally through tournaments and such, so buying and selling is relatively safe with folks I know.

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

And I have your name, phone number, address, and whatever other info our back and forth during the setup provided.

In the case of the robbery previously mentioned, the thieves used fake names, burner phone, and arranged to meet the victim in the parking lot of a commercial building where they claimed the fictitious pin was stored. The victim noted there were some red flags but didn't follow his gut instinct.

When reporting the crime to the local police, they suggested in the future to contact the police beforehand and they could meet at the purchase place to insure things are above board. Not sure many police offer that service but a call to the police non emergency number would confirm.

I recall the victim told this story on an episode of Kaneda's Podcast years ago.

#154 1 year ago

More options I consider safe -

Buy/Sell your pin on the freeplay floor at a pinball show. No going to a stranger's house or having a stranger come to your place, etc.

Buy/Sell your pin to your local distro. Most are looking for trade-ins of popular titles and they have trade-ins for sale. Sure you will loose a bit on the transaction buying or selling because they are a business with overhead but if you're shy about dealing with strangers then this is a good option.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Neal_W.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyersis-cash-on-the-glass-a-deal-breaker-for-you-on-local-pickup?tu=Neal_W and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.