Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by curban
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Buyers...is 'cash on the glass' ever a deal-breaker for you on local pickup”

• No, cash requirement is never a deal breaker on a local purchase 174 votes
      94%
    • Yes, I might back out of a deal if the Seller requires cash 11 votes
      6%

(185 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF7A9ED3-6B19-4D2A-81CF-032CC6FD1F15 (resized).jpeg
    22BA5928-6F5B-4900-9D10-6329305E872D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6771 (resized).JPG
    20220918_175859 (resized).jpg
    1ADA4B7B-C9DE-45C3-80FC-4B497ACCC9F2.gif
    930bb9b3-bcb0-4c43-9c29-9d6baae15cd6_text.gif

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 1 year ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

Better if you know the person but talk to the seller and get to know them a bit. E-transfer is the easiest way, seller can verify funds and you don’t need to carry a fat stack.

agree, they etranfer you, standing there , you watch for it to deposit to your account and they cannot reverse the transaction. unsure if our friends south have this option.

#152 1 year ago

Cash on Glass is King...mic drop...

#153 1 year ago

In this country almost all transactions are via bank transfer.

Of course we do our due diligence on who we are sending money too and most purchases are done through a legitimate national trading website

#154 1 year ago

More options I consider safe -

Buy/Sell your pin on the freeplay floor at a pinball show. No going to a stranger's house or having a stranger come to your place, etc.

Buy/Sell your pin to your local distro. Most are looking for trade-ins of popular titles and they have trade-ins for sale. Sure you will loose a bit on the transaction buying or selling because they are a business with overhead but if you're shy about dealing with strangers then this is a good option.

#155 1 year ago

curban - Would you consider a gift certificate to the Silverthorne Car wash instead of cash? I think my son still has one of those from the Frisco tournament last winter.

#156 1 year ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Sure you will loose a bit on the transaction

More than likely you'll lose a lot.

LTG : )

#157 1 year ago
    Quoted from bane:

Let’s reason together.
    I am fully in favor of caution.
    Someone can be apprehensive about going to meet someone they don’t know carrying 5 figures in cash. This is reasonable.
    Someone can also be concerned about transactions with check, credit, PayPal, Zelle, etc with someone they don’t know. This is also reasonable.
    No need to pretend that one is much wiser than the other. There are legitimate concerns on both ends.
    The “holier than thou” approach being vocalized here is confounding, at best.
    All should recognize that there are legitimate points on each side.
    Discretion is the better part of valor.

You have a point of view but offer no applications. I’ve always had cash, personal check and PayPal deposits if buyer wanted that.

If you want I will take pics of my license for buyer, I expect the same if they request mine. They are at my home. My dogs, my cars in the driveway. Etc. plenty of ‘evidence’ if things feel out of sorts, which they never do. I try to make folks, like yourself for example, feel welcomed and once we talk pinball it’s always obvious we are like minds.

At that point a briefcase of cash or wire transfer feels fine. Electronic deposit has been done via text or call weeks before, again, at buyers recommendation.

When you live 3000 miles away and cannot pickup is when we miss out on that face to face. Buyer cannot test or feel item, no dogs, cars in driveway, who the hell am I to them? Yeah, that’s nerve wracking.

Send a check, We will have to wait 2-4 weeks for final clearing, or wire transfer with no warranty clearly implied, I’m not a dealer.

Trust that you will get your shipping company to pickup what we discussed. Trust that buyer won’t ‘threaten’ over a bulb out in shipping 3000 miles cuz lies. Risk for both. I want a happy buyer.

When I placed my 30 grand ad for my MMRRE a few weeks ago I had all kinds of crazy and really nice. Pms here that I’m a scammer cuz zero feedback, cuz I don’t sell often. Sure. There’s a shit ton of posted info anyone can search out here with a 1/2 hour to kill about me.

As a seller don’t be lazy. Answer texts, send pics of whatever buyer wants.

#158 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

curban - Would you consider a gift certificate to the Silverthorne Car wash instead of cash? I think my son still has one of those from the Frisco tournament last winter.

...I upvoted your post, but that DOES NOT mean that I would accept that gift cert as payment for WOZ!!!!
    (I will be in Silverthorne in a couple of weeks and will be visiting CO Bar again!)

...yeah, his ?9? year old son kicked my butt in pinball tournament. The boy also kicked butt of other 22 participants too including his dad.

1 week later
    #159 1 year ago
    Quoted from curban:

...I upvoted your post, but that DOES NOT mean that I would accept that gift cert as payment for WOZ!!!!
    (I will be in Silverthorne in a couple of weeks and will be visiting CO Bar again!)
    ...yeah, his ?9? year old son kicked my butt in pinball tournament. The boy also kicked butt of other 22 participants too including his dad.

LOL. We were just at CO Bar tonight. No tournament but he still schooled some of the adults in our group. I’m here till Feb 6th if you visit CO Bar before then.

FF7A9ED3-6B19-4D2A-81CF-032CC6FD1F15 (resized).jpegFF7A9ED3-6B19-4D2A-81CF-032CC6FD1F15 (resized).jpeg
    #160 1 year ago

Pretty sure he beat me on Rush in the second to last round during that Frisco tournament! Ian’s car wash tickets - that’s money in the bank right there.

#161 1 year ago
    Quoted from fenix501:

Pretty sure he beat me on Rush in the second to last round during that Frisco tournament! Ian’s car wash tickets - that’s money in the bank right there.

Hah, and I was player 3 on that game of Rush. Small pin world.

Quoted from Mike_M:

LOL. We were just at CO Bar tonight. No tournament but he still schooled some of the adults in our group. I’m here till Feb 6th if you visit CO Bar before then.
    [quoted image]

…sounds like we won’t cross paths. I’m going out a little later this year.

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyersis-cash-on-the-glass-a-deal-breaker-for-you-on-local-pickup/page/4?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.