5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jlm33
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“buyers market or sellers market right now”

• buyers market 34 votes
      39%
    • sellers market 53 votes
      61%

(87 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 5 years ago

I think its a sellers market since game of thrones is coming out

#2 5 years ago

Seems to be alot for sale but the prices are pretty high on most which dont make it a buyers market. Hopefully some goood deals once pictures are released tomorrow I think?

#3 5 years ago

Sellers market right now, but if the dollar stays strong and new hits and remakes start flowing the prices will fall. Saw a BBB on eBay for $20k - will be $7k if remade. Technology is the replacement for displacement just like in cars.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from daddyxxx:

But then wouldn't it be a buyers market as sellers are trying hard to sell to make space/money for GOT thus flooding the market, making more competition, which means buyers that aren't going after GOT are the advantageous ones? Plus everyone is selling to buy GOT, thus people with that type of heavy income for a pin aren't buying other games that the sellers are selling trying to fund GOT, they want there own GOT. Gotta get a GOT!

Look its all very confusing, think of it the way I think of it. I find it to be the golden rule when dealing with the pinball market. I will soon have it embroidered on a sampler:

If Im buying, the prices are high.
    If Im selling, the prices be low.

#5 5 years ago

Every time over the last few years a new title is released, it's a buyer's market.

It's going to slow down as people are going to get tired of selling a game for $y to buy a new game for $y x 1.5 or selling two games to buy one.

#6 5 years ago

I'm with jfh, with Stern planning on going to 6 Games a year + with all the new Pin manufacturers it's getting to be a Seller's market.
    We were out of room before we got KISS & now GOT is already freaking here

Need to list a few Pins to make room I guess

Want to keep them all !

#7 5 years ago

6 pins a year, actually I like that, room is going to be a big issue for most people

Quoted from Pin_-_K:I'm with jfh, with Stern planning on going to 6 Games a year + with all the new Pin manufacturers it's getting to be a Seller's market.
    Want to keep them all !

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_-_K:

I'm with jfh, with Stern planning on going to 6 Games a year + with all the new Pin manufacturers it's getting to be a Seller's market.
    Want to keep them all !

Does anybody here know what "buyer's market" and "seller's market" mean?!? Hint: seller's market does not mean there are a lot of games for sale.

P.S. good luck with your $9800 KISS LE sale.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from glasairpilot:

Sellers market right now, but if the dollar stays strong and new hits and remakes start flowing the prices will fall. Saw a BBB on eBay for $20k - will be $7k if remade. Technology is the replacement for displacement just like in cars.

100% agree on all points except the silly car comment,
    displacement is ALWAYS king.

#10 5 years ago

I think it's pretty balanced right now. They keep making them. We keep buying them. I keep selling machines for space, people keep buying them. Price things right and they trade pretty quick. Top has already been knocked off MM and SM and IM, and they seem to have settled at new levels and continue to trade. No biggy, round and round we go.

#12 5 years ago

As time goes on, people have more savings, can buy more games, get sick of games and or run out of space, new games come out and zing! time to deals to go down.

#13 5 years ago

It's a sellers market here in Canada. Nothing for sale, but everyone using "the US dollar is this, so instead of 4k, it's now 5.5k CAN".

#14 5 years ago

Stern has priced me out of a NIB pin. It's not because I don't have the money, it's because I don't think a pinball machine is worth 4700 bucks. I wonder how many people are in the same camp as me. I just can't justify spending that kind of cash for a pinball in my mind. I feel like every title they release the envelope is pushed a little further. I'm curious to see how high of a price the market will bear before people say enough is a enough.

#15 5 years ago

"B" titles are getting too close to Year old HUO prices.........Houston, we got a problem.

#16 5 years ago

Seller market.

I had to move my collection to private as I had recently been bombarded with members/mainly lurkers I do not know, cold PMing me to ask me to sell X game. This would occasionally happen but in he past couple months I have seen a dramatic uptick.

Seems EVERYONE wants Centaur, LOL

3 PMs in the past 3 weeks from guys asking to buy.

On the flip side I have been looking for a few title and can only find them with issues or on the thigh end of what I personally value them (or both)

#17 5 years ago

Don't blame Stern for their NIB prices. Blame the people that kept shelling the money out, putting emotion ahead of logic (read: ALL of us with a NIB in our collections).

As long as people keep buying, this is going to happen, and evidenced by the sheer number of GOT threads already, this is not the end.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Don't blame Stern for their NIB prices. Blame the people that kept shelling the money out, putting emotion ahead of logic (read: ALL of us with a NIB in our collections).
    As long as people keep buying, this is going to happen, and evidenced by the sheer number of GOT threads already, this is not the end.

More people buy milk than pinball machines. Anyone blaming all the people buying milk for milk prices going up?

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

More people buy milk than pinball machines. Anyone blaming all the people buying milk for milk prices going up?

Children need milk. Pinball is a luxury item.

#20 5 years ago

Children need pinball. Milk is a luxury item.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from daddyxxx:

This doesn't even make any sense, like most of your rhetorical question posts.

Are you saying that GOT looks so shitty that everybody will be buying OTHER games, hence it's a "sellers market?" Or that Game of Thrones looks so awesome that suddenly thousands of people will become captivated by pinball, thus creating a sellers' market for all games?

Make some sense, man.

#23 5 years ago

I'm saying it is kind of neither...I am seeing a lot of games with ridiculous high ASKING prices on all venues (EBay, CL, Mr Pinball, marketplace, etc...) and they are not moving. I see a lot of them relisted over and over. To me, this doesn't benefit either.

#24 5 years ago

Yea.. When it comes to the general market, I think it's just pretty dead.

Stupid high prices mean games don't move.

Having said that, I did buy two games this week... so...

#25 5 years ago

Buyers market = people can buy games o plenty, priced affordable. Buyers markets generally mean prices are dropping. In this climate, sellers can't get what they want price wise, because they can't find a buyer. Or the seller loses significant money when they sell

Sellers Market = sellers can ask what they want, new games are selling like hot cakes, and people start asking outrageous prices because people will pay it. New companies make money hand over fist because there is plenty of profit. In this climate buyers are searching for games, can't find them and are willing to pay a premium. In this case sellers typically lose nothing (very little), or profit.

I personally think it's a mix, but for the most part it's a sellers market. If a guy has a shipping container with fifty 90's Williams games in it he is in a very good spot. In a buyers market....he would just be trying to get rid of them. Like a shipping container full of 90's arcade games.

Arcade games are a buyers market, people don't want your old broken T2 arcade game and you would be lucky to get $100.... Heck I ended up giving away the last of my "project" arcade games.

#26 5 years ago

After the GoT reveal, I'm guessing we see some of the "For Sale" ads get pulled.

#27 5 years ago

There are very few quality games that come up on my local Craigslist. I would tend to think that was a sellers market but it could be more and more sales are between friends. I haven't been looking to buy or sell much of late.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

Stern has priced me out of a NIB pin. It's not because I don't have the money, it's because I don't think a pinball machine is worth 4700 bucks. I wonder how many people are in the same camp as me. I just can't justify spending that kind of cash for a pinball in my mind. I feel like every title they release the envelope is pushed a little further. I'm curious to see how high of a price the market will bear before people say enough is a enough.

My thoughts exactly!!! Instead of all the price hikes, stern should offer discount pricing once the pin has been out a set amount of time. For instance met, st, wwe, mustang, should fall to the discounted bin, as newer models come out. Full price buyers would still have the got to have it now at any price urge fulfilled while those of us with patience and common sense could wait it out and still buy a quality product at a fair price. Works that way with almost all the other things I spend my money on. Cars,games,kayaks,snowboards,skis,tvs,video gamING systems, phones, clothes, computers, routers, modems, air conditioners,furniture,cameras, bikes.....

#29 5 years ago

After seeing the game of thrones pro model pics I think alot of people will be holding on to what they got, but the le model looks pretty impressive, I don't understand how they made the le and pro so different, how do you take out the top playfield of the pro, its like to completely different versions

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from daddyxxx:

After seeing the game of thrones pro model pics I think alot of people will be holding on to what they got, but the le model looks pretty impressive, I don't understand how they made the le and pro so different, how do you take out the top playfield of the pro, its like to completely different versions

Yea, Stern never had an issue including upper playfield on TSPP or FG. Playfield removal on Pro started with Ritchie/ACDC, and continues with Ritchie/GoT.

#31 5 years ago

Wrong post, ignore

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from daddyxxx:

After seeing the game of thrones pro model pics I think alot of people will be holding on to what they got,

Do you really think the entire pinball buyers' and sellers' market revolves around the release of one game?

Barely causes a ripple.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you really think the entire pinball buyers' and sellers' market revolves around the release of one game?
    Barely causes a ripple.

My thoughts exactly. All kinds of transactions in the works 'round the world. Someone buying an 80s game, someone selling an EM...etc... etc..., to which the release of a new game have hardly any effect at all.

#34 5 years ago

Well, after seeing GOT and Pinside's initial reaction, I will vote "Seller's market"

#35 5 years ago

Nothing different then what I've seen before on PS. Some games being bought and some being sold.

#36 5 years ago

I think the market is neutral also I think I like the GOT pro better. Not sure I like the upper playfield, love SR and ST.

#37 5 years ago

I'm thinking on the pro its going to have good flow

Quoted from indybru:I think the market is neutral also I think I like the GOT pro better. Not sure I like the upper playfield, love SR and ST.

#38 5 years ago

Prices are high. Everyone says it. Everyone knows it.

#39 5 years ago

Here in portland it's a sellers market. When i decide to sell it's usually gone in a week or less. Unless it's a gottlieb, then a month or two if at all!

#40 5 years ago

Hey daddyxxx...I think it's a buyers market so let me buy that game from you !

#41 5 years ago

Waiting for Metallica brotha, and then its all yours

Quoted from SpecialK-33:Hey daddyxxx...I think it's a buyers market so let me buy that game from you !

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I had to move my collection to private as I had recently been bombarded with members/mainly lurkers I do not know, cold PMing me to ask me to sell X game. This would occasionally happen but in he past couple months I have seen a dramatic uptick.
    Seems EVERYONE wants Centaur, LOL

PM sent

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 103.00
    $ 9,000.00
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 82.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 339.00
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 159.00
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside