Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Tomass
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6121a723ac9af0ba39e23c75007af35d (resized).jpg
2f6yl6 (resized).jpg
C207E9B0-0095-485A-9E2D-A1468A65B9CE (resized).jpeg
96DD8326-7A0A-4FEE-9CE5-4F7DC4BB9F83 (resized).jpeg
EF58E7EB-5348-4B4D-A8D7-BDD327653EE0 (resized).jpeg
1A1D2C00-6A5D-434A-A63B-B77A0EE5D9E0 (resized).png
025FD720-4D84-47BB-88A4-4C9FE9E2F204.gif
IMG_5702 (resized).JPG
IMG_5778 (resized).JPG
IMG_5703 (resized).JPG
sttng (resized).png

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Those are some serious man-hands for a girl.

You missed the toes.

#52 1 year ago

Even if it was working 100%, you are going to have to learn how to do stuff anyway, because you have to go back and take out all those crappy colored LED's out of the GI's and put white in. You would think having paid that much, they would have did the GI's in the CORRECT LED's (white only), so you didn't have to go back and fix it.

#53 1 year ago

He paid top dollar. Not what he got. Just sayin.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulagirl:

At this point our local tech has spent countless hours trying to trace a pinched wire or somewhere that is causing the short and blowing the fuses.

I worked on a TOTAN a few years ago that was blowing out a fuse when the flashers went off. Turns out a connector was plugged in the wrong place on the driver board, one that should not have been used on the driver board. The wired connector and the board connector both had the same amount of pins so it was easy to do. This is why I usually write on the side of the wired connector with the connector number of the board on games I work on for others in case I need them to do something and I cannot get over there to handle it for them.

Since it has been stated that the driver board had tested out ok in another machine by Brian, likely a wrong connector of the same amount of pins is in the wrong place, just as mentioned above. At least I am hoping this is the same situation.

Looking in back of the manual on pages 3-26 to 3-28, I see that J110, J112, J115, J117, J118, J121, and J124 are not used on the bottom rows of the power driver board. So if there is a connector plugged in one of these, then that seems to be a problem that needs to be corrected and see if it fixes any of the issues with fuses blowing out.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/3824/Williams_1996_Tales_of_the_Arabian_Nights_Manual.pdf

#55 1 year ago

This lady is a scammer! Here is a text picture that she sent me after she got the machine set up in her house in Hawaii telling me it was all good! SMH!

1A1D2C00-6A5D-434A-A63B-B77A0EE5D9E0 (resized).png
#56 1 year ago

This made me laugh - thanks for that.

#57 1 year ago

Sellers beware of hulagirl! She’s had the TOTAN for 2 months and had some hack in Hawaii doing upgrades on the machine and now says it’s because I sold her a “machine that doesn’t work”

#58 1 year ago

I love pinside.. get your popcorn ready

#59 1 year ago

Shit happens during transport
That’s all I’m saying

96DD8326-7A0A-4FEE-9CE5-4F7DC4BB9F83 (resized).jpegC207E9B0-0095-485A-9E2D-A1468A65B9CE (resized).jpegEF58E7EB-5348-4B4D-A8D7-BDD327653EE0 (resized).jpeg
#60 1 year ago

It is a shame Brian cannot be honest and there is so much more to this text thread. Yes, it did work for the first 15 minutes as I originally stated.
There were problems that Brian knew about and chose not to fix BEFORE he shipped it.
Why comment on a technician with decades of experience that you do not know.
Brian knows the truth, he just thought he’d get away with it …again.
Regardless of this disappointing experience I will continue enjoying pinball.

Added 18 months ago:

Brian is PINMAN909

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

3 issues: (in MY opinion)
1-newbie member - unaware of this helpful community
2-Yet to donate to pinside but still use it as a platform to complain about fellow member
3-Username suggests ability to overreact

Damn I want some them down votes!

#62 1 year ago

I just can't get over how terrible that LED job is. I'd be pissed getting a game that looks like that in general.

#63 1 year ago

Here's the video I sent her prior to shipping.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=7SsoyB_QsDA&feature=vm

#64 1 year ago

I must say that is some serious shipping costs for one machine at $940, even if it was crated and delivered to your door versus a terminal. Local in state delivery estimate seems quite outrageous from my experience.

I just had a full delivery across country on an equivalent item in weight/size to a pinball shipped for delivery (crated), and it clocked in at less than $350. Home delivery would have added another $150, but I normally don't do that sort of thing, unless I can get bolstered into the purchase price through negotiations.

#65 1 year ago

You want to try this link again? Google says there are no vids.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You want to try this link again? Google says there are no vids.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I must say that is some serious shipping costs for one machine at $940, even if it was crated and delivered to your door versus a terminal. Local in state delivery estimate seems quite outrageous from my experience.
I just had a full delivery across country on an equivalent item in weight/size to a pinball shipped for delivery (crated), and it clocked in at less than $350. Home delivery would have added another $150, but I normally don't do that sort of thing, unless I can get bolstered into the purchase price through negotiations.

You do know it was shipped to Hawaii?

#68 1 year ago

2f6yl6 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Aurich:

Tales Of The Wish Your Way To The End Of The Game?

More like

"Tales Of Why Did I Ever Put A Quarter In This Game"

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

You do know it was shipped to Hawaii?

I ship games back freight from Europe as well. No entire container loads today just import/export individual titles. Same process, except more custom processing. I have never spent more than $500 in recent years shipping only, but this does not include any custom fees.

If this is standard costs now, I won't be moving my collection to Hawaii.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I ship games back freight from Europe as well. No entire container loads today just import/export individual titles. Same process, except more custom processing. I have never spent more than $500 in recent years.
If this is standard costs now, I won't be moving my collection to Hawaii.

I know all the quotes I tried to find were 600+ to Alaska. Just to terminal.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I know all the quotes I tried to find were 600+ to Alaska. Just to terminal.

Exactly.

I shipped a game to AK and it was $639

#72 1 year ago

Why the LEDs that change the color of the artwork and aren't complimentary?

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
I shipped a game to AK and it was $639

How much is shipping to Yemen?

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Those are some serious man-hands for a girl.

Was thinking the same thing...

6121a723ac9af0ba39e23c75007af35d (resized).jpg
#75 1 year ago

Alright pinside get your lynching pitchforks out and the torches - lets ruin this guys life! /s

#76 1 year ago

Once "mahalo" is sent via text all deals are final

#77 1 year ago

Why doesn't OP share the same text message set with the one sent 15 minutes later stating an issue?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 89.99
$ 47.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Special When Lit
$ 25.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Massapequa, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 26.50
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside