(Topic ID: 210174)

Update: Buyer paid & never picked up. What's my responsibility?

By embryonjohn

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by fiberdude120
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1346 (resized).JPG
    332F7118-A25E-4F20-AA04-E1CE3A68FEAA (resized).png
    IMG_9869 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2052 (resized).JPG

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago

I would guess this person is dead, but if you're still leaving voice mails then that means someone is checking and clearing the inbox.

Either way, if they left it on your possession then died, and no one has come to claim it on their behalf, then they don't want it and it's yours. You can't be responsible to hold a thing in perpetuity until they get around to it.

Same thing if the person is actually still alive, lazy, and ducking your calls. They've forfeited ownership by not picking it up and not working with you.

Keep it and play it, or if that makes you feel bad, donate it to a boys and girls Club or a hospital or something. Somewhere that they would appreciate some entertainment and have only a shoestring budget. That's what I'd do in your position.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

I would guess this person is dead, but if you're still leaving voice mails then that means someone is checking and clearing the inbox.
    Either way, if they left it on your possession then died, and no one has come to claim it on their behalf, then they don't want it and it's yours. You can't be responsible to hold a thing in perpetuity until they get around to it.
    Same thing if the person is actually still alive, lazy, and ducking your calls. They've forfeited ownership by not picking it up and not working with you.
    Keep it and play it, or if that makes you feel bad, donate it to a boys and girls Club or a hospital or something. Somewhere that they would appreciate some entertainment and have only a shoestring budget. That's what I'd do in your position.

Im with you, i gotta believe the guy died probably.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Again, I am not certain of the law, but I do know that in most cases the law will side with the buyer.
    It costs you nothing to hold onto the game for 24 months.

you're out of your mind!

#55 1 year ago

Pretty sure there is no law around this. The guy consensually handed over the money and then consciously didn't pick it up. There's no title, no receipt, no deed... Just a "hey here's some money for a machine, that I'm not gonna take."
    If you got rid of it and that guy got a lawyer, pretty sure the lawyer would laugh at him, a judge wouldn't waste his or her time listening to the case and a jury of 12 of his peers would call him an idiot.
    Holding it 2 years, Reaching out repetitively, Searching obituaries, looking up inmates....
    You're doing way more than would be expected as a seller. I agree with everyone else that says forget about him.

#56 1 year ago

Wonder if it's that Grayman_EM guy that waits until he can borrow a truck and has multiple games lined up first before he goes to round them all up?

4 months later
    #57 1 year ago

Update: Found the guy on Facebook. Get this, he lives in my hometown!
    I wrote a message on his active Facebook page after he accepted my friend request. Still no response...
    WTF?

#58 1 year ago

At this point, you are both Marbleheads!

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

At this point, you are both Marbleheads!

That’s a good one!
    I just couldn’t sell it until I’ve did everything I could to get ahold of the guy. It just wouldn’t feel right. I got enough to confess to my priest about already.

But now, I’m about to re-list it.

#60 1 year ago

Since you were already paid for the game maybe you should donate it to a local non profit childrens shelter group in the buyers name.

That was just my dawn breaks on marble head thought.

#61 1 year ago

It's like the guy is purposely going out of his way to stick you with the 900$, lol. Maybe the money's cursed?

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Update: Found the guy on Facebook. Get this, he lives in my hometown!
    I wrote a message on his active Facebook page after he accepted my friend request. Still no response...
    WTF?

I don't know how old the guy is, but does he have dementia by any chance?

On some people's facebook, there is a way to call someone under the "contact" section.

Also, can you see his friends list? Does he have a wife or kids to contact? Maybe a close friend?

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Check your state possession of sold goods law. Most states have this for car sales. Send a letter and 90 days is the standard. After that you can charge for storage at $3 a day. After 30 days when storage equals money paid, its yours again.

$3 x 30 =$90

2 weeks later
    #64 1 year ago

Curiosity getting the best of me....but any update on this?

#65 1 year ago

Afraid his wife’s gonna cut his nuts off if he brings it home. Guarantee it. Too embarrassed to tell you.

Either that or sometimes things go really wrong in people’s lives and things like a game just don’t make the radar even It there’s money involved.

You’ve done your job.

#66 1 year ago

Well I purchased a juke box from a guy and he would not take the cash for it but said he was going to get a pin from me so keep the cash as a down payment. I never saw him again and I still live in the same place. That was some 30 years ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 22.00
    $ 18.95
    $ 64.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 18.99
    Playfield - Protection
    PinShield
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside