Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinballAir
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Anyone else who has a game for sale had inquiries from this pinsider.
    Signed up 7/21/19 and contacted me about selling my game on 7/21/19.
    Not one question about the game and the actual game has never been mentioned.
    Has not posted once.

#2 4 years ago

Anybody?

#3 4 years ago

Your gut has spoken. Don't do it.
    -Mike

#4 4 years ago

Um... don't jump to conclusions here. I think you should do some more investigating. I know a buyer who just signed up on Pinside. He bought a game from a fella in Wisconsin. My buyer bought a game from me before he joined Pinside and was a great buyer. So I PMed the guy in Wisconsin and told him the my buyer was a good guy and to trust him. The sale went perfect both people are happy. Who is the potential buyer? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post his name.

#5 4 years ago

What did they say when they contacted you if they didn’t ask about or mention the game?

I have sold to a pinsider who’s account was active for only 5 days with no posts and it was a smooth transaction FWIW.

#6 4 years ago

The person just attached the pinside ad and asked if it was still available.
    I replied yes.
    They offered to send a deposit if I would hold it until late September.
    I replied I would rather move it now but told them to give me a shout in September if it was still posted.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

The person just attached the pinside ad and asked if it was still available.
    I replied yes.
    They offered to send a deposit if I would hold it until late September.
    I replied I would rather move it now but told them to give me a shout in September if it was still posted.

Sounds reasonable. I wouldn’t hold onto a pin that long unless it was a for a friend.

#8 4 years ago

The OP has moved up the pickup time to next week.
    They will bring a check.
    The game is priced under 2k. I have asked them to bring cash.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

The OP has moved up the pickup time to next week.
    They will bring a check.
    The game is priced under 2k. I have asked them to bring cash.

If they are coming to you in person, a check unless certified makes no sense.
    Cash on glass for your machine is safer for you to not get screwed over.
    -Mike

#10 4 years ago

Cash is king and less can go wrong with it.

#11 4 years ago

I got a bad feeling here. A few days before he’ll write saying he cant make it, but he’ll send his “agent”.

#12 4 years ago

Cash or no deal.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

They will bring a check. The game is priced under 2k. I have asked them to bring cash.

Good call, no reason to take a check (certified or otherwise) unless you know the buyer well. Insist on a strictly cash sale, if he has the money in his bank account he shouldn't have trouble arranging to withdraw it by next week.

#14 4 years ago

Still not one question about the machine.

Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “1973 Williams Upper Deck Pitch and Bat Exceptional condition inside and out. New Shay backglass Re-stenciled cabinet Repainted inside to match overspray originally done. Playfield...”
    2019-07-11
    Boston, MA
    Archived after: 22 days
    Viewed: 528 times

The ad is pretty thorough but no discussion at all.
    I will see where this goes but I think there is something odd here.
    They have agreed to bring cash.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-levhmic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.