Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinRat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3BD4A5A1-5FFA-4609-AD6C-CA3BDA35F96B (resized).png
    1000x-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 2 years ago

If they have already wired you a deposit + some additional, my first thought is that they are in the middle of some unexpected emergency that has become their sole priority at the moment.

Buyers flaking out after making a verbal commitment but before any funds change hands happens all the time, but for someone to go "dark" AFTER parting with some of their money suggests there may be some significant extenuating circumstances. (I know for me, there's no way in hell I'm parting with ANY of my money until I am 100% certain of the purchase!)

If it were me, I think I'd try to tactfully reach out. I would frame my questions in the most nonthreatening way possible, remind the buyer that you are good to go whenever they want to make final arrangements and pay the remaining balance owed, and try to approach the communication from a position of concern that "everything is ok" on their end.

I definitely DON'T think this is one of those situations where you would want to get aggressive, accusatory, or put forth any ultimatums (you might be kicking a man who is already down - the LAST thing I'd want to do to someone, personally). The fact that you have been paid (some) is probably a good indication that this is less likely to be a scam or any other malignant behavior, so (if you can) I'd give the benefit of the doubt on this one and wait a while longer to hear back before declaring the deal "dead" and looking for another buyer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-goes-dark-mid-transaction?tu=Thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.