Gomez-s-Train-Wreck-addams-family-5704531-400-300 (resized).jpg
dead to me (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
mim+-+adj (resized).jpg
Morton (resized).jpg
ship (resized).jpg
drop (resized).jpg
Boom (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#332 7 years ago

I've read through this whole ridiculous thread and, frankly, the thing I find most repellent is Ray's constant references to his brother's passing as some excuse for this whole debacle. While I can feel empathy for your loss, it isn't an excuse for how you did business or how you reacted.

While I'm not trying to be part of a mindless, torch-bearing mass (my regards to Art here), I would avoid doing business with TC primarily for three reasons:

1. He is a retail business and asked for "Friends and Family" PP payment. That takes away the few protections the buyer has, it is CLEARLY against PayPal guidelines and it is likely a dodge for reporting income on TC's taxes. Dishonest/sketchy strike one!
2. His first impulse was to think the seller was pulling a scam. Hard-learned life experiences have taught me that people who have this viewpoint have it because that is how they live their own lives. Dishonest/sketchy strike two!
3. He charges fees for services that are provided by the shipper. A shipping/wrapping fee of $120 is preposterous, even it was actually being incurred. A new shipping blanket, card stock and shrink wrap would run about $30 and it takes 30 minutes to wrap/prep a game if you do it carefully. So that warrants a labor rate of $180/hr (30 min @ $90 remainder of wrapping fee). But all of this is moot, because NAVL already does this as part of its shipping fee! Classic case of screwing over customer for an easy $120. Dishonest/sketchy strike three!

And I'm not even going to get into mixing 3M polishes and repackaging them as their own proprietary products (my father was in the auto industry and the moment I opened a TC polish it was clearly 3M stuff - looks, smells and has the same consistency of the stuff in my Dad's shop that I had to use finishing cars all through my teens and early 20's). I'm sorry if this offends people like Art. I'm only judging Ray (Treasure Cove) by their own actions. And while I completely agree that anger/bigotry have exploded with through the Internet, I also believe that there should be accountability for one's actions. Ray has not show one iota of remorse/regret/apology for this entire incident. If anything, it's the opposite - he presents himself as the victim.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 85.00
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware?tu=robotron911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.