Topic Stats

• 396 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
TCGarage (resized).jpg
ThatsAShame (resized).jpg
chogs (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
2 face (resized).jpg
IBTL (resized).jpeg
dead to me board (resized).jpg
Gomez-s-Train-Wreck-addams-family-5704531-400-300 (resized).jpg
dead to me (resized).jpg
mim+-+adj (resized).jpg
Morton (resized).jpg
ship (resized).jpg
drop (resized).jpg
Boom (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#5 3 years ago

That damage did not happen within in a week. It takes a lot longer than that (months or years) for the leaking material to completely dry out, corrode metal, and crystallize to form that powdery alkaline salt. If it has only been a week or two, it would still be wet and oily.

However, if the seller won't make it right, then you can try to contact Duracell, since the battery has leaked before its expiration date (2024). They will likely ask for photos and the replacement cost of the board.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That corrosion didn't come from those batteries.

Yep, you're right--good eye. The negative side of the batteries are clean.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

I put those batteries in just to check if that was the issue.

Hope you saved the leaking batteries--Duracell (or Energizer, if those were used) will probably want photos of them.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

He e-mailed me back stating even the discount he gave me would cover the cost of the board.

The both of you agreed on a price up-front for a 100% working game. It's not a 100% working game, so the seller should address it. The buyer shouldn't be on the hook for something significant that the seller missed or messed up on.

That's like negotiating a price from a car dealership, driving it off the lot, having the engine fall out, and the dealership saying that the reduced price should cover the cost of the repairs.

#41 3 years ago

http://treasurecovepinball.com/photo-gallery.htm

There is a JD in their photo gallery. However, the image resolution is too low to make out what the serial numbers on the boards are.

Did you happen to receive any high-res photos, and do any of the serial numbers match the ones on your game or boards?

I'm interested to see if old photos were recycled or not.

[edit]: Here's another one from a few years back on their old site: http://www.treasure-cove.net/JudgeDredd.htm

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

He sent me photos but none of the backbox area or CPU's.

Can you post what you received? Was there a photo of the back of the game? Does that serial number match your game?

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from treasurecove:

Just informed of this post..and I wont let someone like Matt Dodge throw me and my brothers business under the bus with all his lies and made up BS! We don't do business that way!! Matt Dodge claims he has been emailing me for a week?? HA BS..try 1 day! And texts he sent late last night plus an email today, wanting me to reimburse him for an MPU he bought for a game I sold him? Why didn't he contact me first with any kind of problems he had.. or even call or allow me to offer a solution like exchanging the MPU first for one I have here..or allow me to have a tech come over and look at the game, before he takes it on himself to buying a new one?? And I would not have knowing sold it anyway with a corroded board so I don't know what game he is playing..or if that is even the corroded MPU that came from the game? Since Matt has lied to me about all the supposed emails he has sent for over a week I find him to be dishonest. The game needed cosmetic cabinet work and we bought the game from a collector in Cincy as a trade. Allen and I had intentions of restoring the game and selling for $3995 but since he passed I decided to sell it for less a week later, to help pay some of his funeral expenses, which is why the 2 invoices . I discounted the game $200, gave him free $140 prep packing and a polish kit and decals also for free. Yes I tested it and it worked fine, wasn't restored which I explained to him on the phone. He then emailed asking if the Deadworld worked fine which I answered him..yes(read his post). I have since just called the collector I got this from and he verified with me No Way the board was corroded when he sold it to me. I sent outside game pics to show him the cabinet wasn't perfect. Matt Dodge has played the game for a few weeks since getting it from NAVL and now notices MPU corrosion? And here is the last email I sent him...not what he says above.
Matt, sorry you are angry, but I am not going to pay you for a new board you ordered "without contacting us first" before doing so! Normally we would have you send the board back and we would decide to repair or fix it and then send it back to you. The game was tested and did work here ..and for you when you got it from NAVL.  Re: The Discount..$340 (according to you) which is more than enough to pay for a new board anyway.

I probably shouldn't be getting involved in a dispute, but one way I see that could help resolve this:

treasurecove, Do you have photos of the boards?

kal_el, can you post a photo of the boards in your backbox as they sit? Can you also post a photo of the serial number sticker on the back of the game or inside the cabinet? And also one of the photos you received from treasure cove with a visible serial number? (not just a screenshot of the thumbnails)

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Don't know who Ray is, but Allen Shope was the main man there and he passed away last year. Allen would have never let that go out the door.

Ray is his brother.

#77 3 years ago

A serial number sticker can look like this:

There is usually one on the back of the game, and on the right side inside the cabinet body:

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

He's you're brother?! Soooooo I see how this is going to go.

Allen and Ray are brothers. I don't have a stake in the matter.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

I never got one with a visible serial number I don't think but I'll check. Hope the picture I just took is the serial number. If not, tell me where it's at and I'll get it.
I'll try and post the original pictures he sent me.

I can see that the serial number stickers on the MPU, driver board, and sound board all match. It is expensive to swap that many boards, let alone find all with matching serial numbers. The DMD driver board doesn't have a matching serial number (but it's common to see this one swapped out), and I can't see the sticker on the fliptronics board. Granted, someone could play musical chairs with the stickers, but it can sometimes be difficult to remove them without damaging them in some way. I kind of doubt that the MPU was swapped out from somewhere else.

#143 3 years ago

What treasurecove should have done was ask for photos with serial numbers visible like I did, and not accuse the buyer outright of trying to pull a bait and switch with the boards.

I would expect a bit more professionalism from a retail seller and high-end restorer, even when (or especially when?) in the midst of a dispute no matter who is wrong or right.

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I still feel like there's an ethical concern here, what with Treasure Cove having unjustly accused the buyer of swapping boards and deflecting from the actual issue, even though this has been made right from a material standpoint.

That, and it seems like a quick flip to me, rather than a restoration that I would expect from a price point like this.

#217 3 years ago

If the funding source was a credit card, you would see a credit on the credit card. If you have online access for your card, be sure to check that. Or, call the number on the back and check it by phone.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I think PayPal refunds can take a day or two to show up, but I could be mistaken.
Maybe Treasure Cove can post or send the OP a screenshot showing the refund issued?

Direct paypal to paypal will show up instantly. However, if the buyer used an outside funding source, it may take a few days to show up there.

#260 3 years ago

Brand trust and professionalism are important in business. I'm simply amazed at what's happening here.

This whole thing could have been resolved very quickly and easily without pinside ever finding out about it. Instead, the hole keeps getting deeper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside