Topic Stats

• 396 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
TCGarage (resized).jpg
ThatsAShame (resized).jpg
chogs (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
2 face (resized).jpg
IBTL (resized).jpeg
dead to me board (resized).jpg
Gomez-s-Train-Wreck-addams-family-5704531-400-300 (resized).jpg
dead to me (resized).jpg
mim+-+adj (resized).jpg
Morton (resized).jpg
ship (resized).jpg
drop (resized).jpg
Boom (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Doesn't matter whether OP bought a board, or not. We know that his current JD board is crap. A replacement is in order, whether or not he'd already purchased one. Don't know why Ray thinks that's significant. We don't need to see a bill of sale for the board.

exactly. why does ray care? in the first place, HE should have bought the board and replaced it then send out a 100% working machine. not let the buyer have to address issues himself.
didnt notice the corrosion? didnt look that hard then.

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

confirmed, Ray deposited $150 to my PayPal account.

hope he sent that friends and family ?

like you had to.

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I think you just solved the mystery of week old corrosion damage! I has to be the salt water!

While I get your joke, some people mistake salt corrosion on PCBs for battery corrosion ... you'll see it on games routed near the ocean or that were in Hurricane Sandy (I guess we can say these were also routed near the ocean ). I find that crap a pain in the ass to remove though it doesn't do the damage (for the most part) that battery corrosion does.

To be clear, Kal_el's corrosion is 100% for sure battery corrosion. Also, he posted his predicament on Facebook's pinball group yesterday ... he did not mention the seller until several people told him he was screwed ... at no point did he overreact ... quite frankly, he was *very* professional presenting his case to the public (pictures, correspondence) as well as asking for feedback. At no time did I get the impression he was the type of person to attack w/o trying to resolve the situation peacefully. (Just my $0.02 for whatever its worth)

#354 2 years ago

On a side note, how great is it that CHOGGARD has become an accepted term for a transaction that plays out the way this one has....

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from treasurecove:

WOW!! Unbelievable...reading

I think TreasureCove needs a new CustomerServiceRep... would have kept alot of this from blowing up.

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

On a side note, how great is it that CHOGGARD has become an accepted term for a transaction that plays out the way this one has....

I still feel like Choggarded and Choggarding are better ways to verb his name.

#357 2 years ago

Thanks for the comments ..you as well, please close the thread!

Sometimes people make mistakes and then double down on the mistake when they get called out on it. A mistake can have value if lessons are learned from the mistake, so as never to repeat it. Admitting you are wrong can sometimes be difficult especially after a person digs his heels in so hard! Your post above shows that you have come to a realization that this thread is taking you down a road that you don't want to go down. I would say damage has been done, but pinsiders love to hear story's of redemption! Good luck on your journey.

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

An 80s-style hooker and coke party would be my suggestion.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

#359 2 years ago

For what it's worth, Treasure Cove lost my business many years ago.

#360 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

An 80s-style hooker and coke party would be my suggestion.

chogs (resized).jpg

#361 2 years ago

If you look at the picture of the MPU, you can see the copper windings of coil L1 are almost completely blackened from corrosion, the amount of time it takes for this corrosion to creep it's way up from the bottom of the coil to the top is going to be MANY years.

#363 2 years ago

Most everyone is harping on the corroded board that can be fixed by replacing it. But what about the other issues the game has? Those cannot be easily fixed by someone expecting a plug & play 100% WORKING pin. Now the OP has to spend time trying to repair on his own or pay someone to get the game 100%.

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Most everyone is harping on the corroded board that can be fixed by replacing it. But what about the other issues the game has? Those cannot be easily fixed by someone expecting a plug & play 100% WORKING pin. Now the OP has to spend time trying to repair on his own or pay someone to get the game 100%.

Agreed, seems the board is the start of his repair work. Sad

#365 2 years ago

Good read, good info....$150 was not worth it....TC is off my list, not that they were ever on it it....But Pinside justice prevails....TC, god you came off as such a dick, maybe it's time for retirement, your burnt out....

In before the lock!

#366 2 years ago

I wonder if TC would be willing to sell the business? I would offer to purchase it right now while there is some worth to it, but I feel that if they wait to long it will not be worth anything and he will just have to close shop. Pitty.

ThatsAShame (resized).jpg

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

For a Treasure Cove thread this one is horribly light on garage door pics.

Absolutely Hilarious!!! OMG I cant breathe!!

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The switch issues are likely tied to board corrosion

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

The switch issues are likely tied to board corrosion

The OP reported some other issues as well that didn't appear board related.

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The OP reported some other issues as well that didn't appear board related.

id like to see an underside PF pic.

#371 2 years ago

For a Treasure Cove thread this one is horribly light on garage door pics.

This is the new TC garage door pic.

TCGarage (resized).jpg

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I wonder if TC would be willing to sell the business? I would offer to purchase it right now while there is some worth to it, but I feel that if they wait to long it will not be worth anything and he will just have to close shop. Pitty.

Yeah sure..call me but why would you want it? According to all the guys here I am dead..

#373 2 years ago

This thread needs to remain open to serve as warning to anyone who would do business with Treasurecove. The amount of customer disservice here is incredible. Sweeping problems like this under the rug just encourages more abuse.

Well if it isnt Larry Scott aka Metallik.. How ya been buddy? I never will forgot when my brother and I drove to Cincy about 10 yr ago to buy a few games from you. A HUO TZ and a few others we were looking at.. never will forgot my brother catching you telling fairy tales about how your HUO games were just regular route games. Nice but not HUO, everything way overpriced and we left empty with a lesson learned scratching our heads. Remember that? You are the pot calling the kettle black arent you!! What about ole Pinlicious and his Tshirts LOL!! See ya buddy

#374 2 years ago

everything way overpriced and we left empty with a lesson learned scratching our heads.

What was the lesson learned? Just curious

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

What was the lesson learned? Just curious

My guess. The lesson he learned was how to misrepresent the condition of a pin.

#376 2 years ago

Why does everyone assume ill intent and that people are lying here? I have read this thread and believe both parties. I don't get the complete lynch mob mentality here against Treasure Cove - and it started well before he started chiming in with his bad attitude.

Matt's perspectives are already well documented in this thread and I agree with them. So I'm only pointing out things with Treasure Cove that I agree with. I also do agree with most of what Matt posted. Clearly he is due some fixes.

I think it's probable that Treasure Cove folks didn't shop the machine as they said. It came in, was play tested, appeared to be working, went in storage to be shopped later. It never got shopped and instead was sold "as is" working as we tested it. I don't think they looked over all the boards as they would have during the shop job. That seems easily believable to me - and is often how I might work myself. A game can work 100% and still have battery corrosion that hasn't yet shown up as a symptom.The idea that they knew this was in bad shape and lied, well there's just no evidence of this. Why jump to this conclusion? It's not hard to believe at all that a machine they said they didn't shop might have issues they were unaware of.

Also, Treasure Cove is a public business but they generally do not take paypal or credit cards. I remember trying to buy something off their website a while back and their no electronic payment policies were a pain. Perhaps that explains why he wanted paypal friends and family for this? It's not that far out there or suspect.

Finally, if someone bought a game from me and discovered corrosion on the board, I would expect them to contact me to send the board back or let me send them a board. If they went out and bought a board on their own, no way would I just pay for that. I would still offer to repair the existing board or replace it, though. I think any time someone pays a third party to do something without OK from the seller, the money paid to that third party is on the buyer. It's wrong to come up with your own solution and expect the seller to cover it. If you want the seller's help, the seller needs to be the one to provide the solution. Of course, if the seller cannot be reached, that's another matter. But it does sound like he was able to be called on the phone.

Honestly, a lot of the issues in the game could be attributed to the damaged MPU board. The rest could be attributed to shipping (LEDs not lighting up, switches not working, these are common things that often are simple solutions due to shipping).

Treasure Cove's extremely unprofessional responses in this thread are definitely damaging to him as a business. But his very first post was loaded with valid points and only hammered with thumbs down. Regardless of his attitude while presenting those facts, there were facts that made sense. For example, this is super valid:

Why didn't he contact me first with any kind of problems he had.. or even call or allow me to offer a solution like exchanging the MPU first for one I have here..or allow me to have a tech come over and look at the game, before he takes it on himself to buying a new one?? And I would not have knowing sold it anyway with a corroded board so I don't know what game he is playing..or if that is even the corroded MPU that came from the game?

This seems valid:

The game needed cosmetic cabinet work and we bought the game from a collector in Cincy as a trade. Allen and I had intentions of restoring the game and selling for $3995 but since he passed I decided to sell it for less a week later ... Yes I tested it and it worked fine, wasn't restored which I explained to him on the phone. He then emailed asking if the Deadworld worked fine which I answered him..yes

And this seems valid:

Matt, sorry you are angry, but I am not going to pay you for a new board you ordered "without contacting us first" before doing so! Normally we would have you send the board back and we would decide to repair or fix it and then send it back to you. The game was tested and did work here

I think the buyer deserves some help here but don't agree with the lynch mob mentality of most in this thread.

#377 2 years ago

Well if it isnt Larry Scott aka Metallik.. How ya been buddy? I never will forgot when my brother and I drove to Cincy about 10 yr ago to buy a few games from you. A HUO TZ and a few others we were looking at.. never will forgot my brother catching you telling fairy tales about how your HUO games were just regular route games. Nice but not HUO, everything way overpriced and we left empty with a lesson learned scratching our heads. Remember that? You are the pot calling the kettle black arent you!! What about ole Pinlicious and his Tshirts LOL!! See ya buddy

Fuck off. Larry is good, honest people. It's pretty obvious you're attacking him to deflect from your fuck-up yet again.

I was going to comment that it's good you took a step back after making the payment. Unfortunately it seems that's not the case. You're just making yourself look terrible.
Do yourself and your business a favor; step away from the computer for a while and settle down.

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why does everyone assume ill intent and that people are lying here?

It's clear that Treasure Cove told the buyer to pound sand until this thread was made. He said he went over the game and the corrosion happened in the past week (clearly a lie)

He called the buyer a liar and accused him of swapping boards.

He said he sent a refund when he hadn't. (I. E. Lied again)

That's not an assumption of lying; it's a clear demonstration.

#379 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Agreed, seems the board is the start of his repair work. Sad

Well who knows - his issues seem to be switch related (non working buttons etc) which probably will be fixed with a new board as long as the connectors weren't damaged. Clearly the game didn't get a lot of attention though so could be other work he will have to do - but hopefully that's time and not money.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

It's clear that Treasure Cove told the buyer to pound sand until this thread was made. He said he went over the game and the corrosion happened in the past week (clearly a lie)
He called the buyer a liar and accused him of swapping boards.
He said he sent a refund when he hadn't. (I. E. Lied again)
That's not an assumption of lying; it's a clear demonstration.

Where did anyone provide any evidence that the seller told the buyer to "pound sand"? He simply said he wasnt reimbursing for a board bought from a third party - a point I agree with here.

This whole thread took place in like a 24 hour period. I don't see much difference in "I sent the refund" vs "I'm sending a refund in a couple hours" in this case. It's not like a few weeks went by or even a day.

I don't see anywhere that seller told buyer he went over the game. In fact he said he *did not* shop the game but did a play test. Nothing the buyer said contradicts a possible seller playtesting.

Again, I don't see where he actually called out that the boards were swapped. He did question it and has probably dealt with flaky customers before and had reason to suspect it so was questioning it. I don't see where he ever said "You are a lair. You swapped boards." If I test a game and it goes out working to a guy that has multiple games and a couple weeks later he wants a board from me, the thought that maybe he swapped boards with another game would at least cross my mind.

#381 2 years ago

Let us never lock this thread so we can freely watch Treasure Cove actively choose to bury their own business in the ground.

#382 2 years ago

No, this needs shut down.

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Where did anyone provide any evidence that the seller told the buyer to "pound sand"? He simply said he wasnt reimbursing for a board bought from a third party - a point I agree with here.
This whole thread took place in like a 24 hour period. I don't see much difference in "I sent the refund" vs "I'm sending a refund in a couple hours" in this case. It's not like a few weeks went by or even a day.
I don't see anywhere that seller told buyer he went over the game. In fact he said he *did not* shop the game but did a play test. Nothing the buyer said contradicts a possible seller playtesting.
Again, I don't see where he actually called out that the boards were swapped. He did question it and has probably dealt with flaky customers before and had reason to suspect it so was questioning it. I don't see where he ever said "You are a lair. You swapped boards." If I test a game and it goes out working to a guy that has multiple games and a couple weeks later he wants a board from me, the thought that maybe he swapped boards with another game would at least cross my mind.

Are you sure you read everything and not just the cliff notes version?

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Clearly he is due some fixes.

so whens that going to happen. Is TC going to do it ?

#385 2 years ago

3k+ for a JD...I am still like.
Matt you could have got a nice shadow for that price!

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

3200 for a dredd is a bit high but he was buying retail here guys.....

And kal-el for what its worth i like dredd better than shadow

#387 2 years ago

In the Midwest and East you seem to have a much larger supply of pins. Don't know about Nebraska; but in Utah it's literally like the pinball desert. Demand is higher because we either have hoarders or very little for sale compared to pinheads looking. It wouldn't shock me to see a local ad for a JD in that price range. Someone here last week was trying to sell a routed TZ for $9500.

#388 2 years ago

And kal-el for what its worth i like dredd better than shadow

Very true Dredd is a better game.

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The good news is you can have an 80s coke and hooker party whenever you want. Even tonight. Hopefully.
(and unless this is some "expanded universe" shit there's no implied date that Robocop takes place in the film, right?)

And the summer of 69 can be any summer

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I agree, Now I'll run, duck and cover!

I see, or can feel for both sides here. The OP has some legit complaints.

But A lot of people are really quick to Roast the seller. I can see a possibility of how it was overlooked.

Not everything is done on purpose to "rip people off". Sometimes things get missed, overlooked, miscommunication, etc.. And sometimes things happen outside of the business that kind of takes focus away for a short time! Completely understandable!

Hopefully, things work out for the the op and the seller.

#391 2 years ago

This thread is still going? Sheesh do you guys ever play pinball, or just sit around bitching all day?

#392 2 years ago

I've got Dredd and Shadow side by side. Both great games, but I prefer Dredd.

He paid retail, but didn't get gouged as bad as one might expect from a retailer. Plus, I think *nice* Shadows from reputable sellers may be getting harder to find for $3k

#393 2 years ago

I havent had the opportunity to say this:

#394 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

. Plus, I think *nice* Shadows from reputable sellers may be getting harder to find for $3k

So what does that say? TS is better...

#395 2 years ago

Thread needs locked

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

No, this needs shut down.

Closed per request of OP (at least I think that's what he's requesting).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside