Topic Stats

• 396 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
TCGarage (resized).jpg
ThatsAShame (resized).jpg
chogs (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
2 face (resized).jpg
IBTL (resized).jpeg
dead to me board (resized).jpg
Gomez-s-Train-Wreck-addams-family-5704531-400-300 (resized).jpg
dead to me (resized).jpg
mim+-+adj (resized).jpg
Morton (resized).jpg
ship (resized).jpg
drop (resized).jpg
Boom (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Whew, I think Ray and Matt need to stop posting, cool down for a bit then go meet up for a beer and clear the air with a face to face discussion. Sometimes I hate the internet, makes it too easy to publicly flip your lid and be unable to recover from a bad day.

I don't know if alcohol will decompress this situation, but I understand what you're saying.

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Whew, I think Ray and Matt need to stop posting, cool down for a bit then go meet up for a beer and clear the air with a face to face discussion. Sometimes I hate the internet, makes it too easy to publicly flip your lid and be unable to recover from a bad day.

So who pays for the airfare?

Matt got a refund(thanks to Pinside) and Ray ruined all integrity of Treasure Cove(thanks to his actions on Pinside).

That's been productive and counter productive! A win-win that turned into a win- let me destroy my company and it's reputation.

I feel for Ray and his loss with his brother and business mentor, but I have ZERO empathy or support for his antics in this situation.

#303 3 years ago

U.S.S. Treasure Cove

ship (resized).jpg

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

U.S.S. Treasure Cove

I think you just solved the mystery of week old corrosion damage! I has to be the salt water!

#305 3 years ago

Just saying it's too easy to be a tough guy behind a keyboard. Miss the good ol days of face to face communication

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Just saying it's too easy to be a tough guy behind a keyboard. Miss the good ol days of face to face communication

I am much more tactful behind a keyboard in personal situations!

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Ray,
You need some help dude. No playing, no sarcasam, no ill will. Get some help. Talk to a friend and decompress. Ok? We'll talk later. Just log off and we'll talk later. Just do that. Log off and we'll talk later.
Take care.

Do you even have a phone or use it?? No thanks..you cant bother to call me a week ago when you saw corrosion before you started all this? I would have gladly sent you a replacement board and tried to help you....I guess you aren't going to own up to your "supposed board purchase" you made either..or the emails sent last week? I seriously didn't see any corrosion before it left here...Believe it or not! I played 2 dozen games or more ..You have your $149 ...good luck!

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from treasurecove:

Do you even have a phone or use it?? No thanks..you cant bother to call me a week ago when you saw corrosion before you started all this? I would have gladly sent you a replacement board and tried to help you....I guess you aren't going to own up to your "supposed board purchase" you made either..or the emails sent last week? I seriously didn't see any corrosion before it left here...Believe it or not! I played 2 dozen games or more ..You have your $149 ...good luck!

Good luck with your business, now that you've publicly acted like a complete prick, treated your customer like shit, and LIED!!!!!!!!

It was so simple...all you had to do was deal with this privately, regardless of what the customer had posted here....worked it out, made him happy...he would have come back and said "Hey everyone, Treasure Cove took care of me, it's all good, they're cool!". But no, you made a spectacle of it. That's on you. You fucked yourself. Fuck you and Fuck Treasure Cove.

#309 3 years ago

#310 3 years ago

I think the best thing for TC to do is to beg for the locking of this thread from OP before things derail more than they already have for themselves. No more posts can turn around the impressions given that have already been posted.

#311 3 years ago

Ray -

As a former customer of yours, please take a break. I know you've had a very difficult few months. Don't trash your brothers legacy.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

I think the best thing for TC to do is to beg for the locking of this thread from OP before things derail more than they already have for themselves. No more posts can turn around the impressions given that have already been posted.

I agree. Thread should be locked at this point.

#313 3 years ago

confirmed, Ray deposited $150 to my PayPal account.

#314 3 years ago

If any of you have any questions e-mail me. I'll give you and answer however I best can.

Ray gave the price for a board. I was ripped off but what's done is done.

Thank you all for the helping me.

Ray, I wish you the best in all endeavors.

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Whew, I think Ray and Matt need to stop posting, cool down for a bit then go meet up for a beer and clear the air with a face to face discussion.

An 80s-style hooker and coke party would be my suggestion.

Morton (resized).jpg

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

An 80s-style hooker and coke party would be my suggestion.

Technically that's in the 2040's.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Technically that's in the 2040's.

The good news is you can have an 80s coke and hooker party whenever you want. Even tonight. Hopefully.

(and unless this is some "expanded universe" shit there's no implied date that Robocop takes place in the film, right?)

#318 3 years ago

Treasure Cove deserves nobodies business after this. They are dead to me, and hopefully to anybody else they would try to scam.

#319 3 years ago

Get real. Few pinsiders would buy @ his prices to begin with.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Ray,
You need some help dude. No playing, no sarcasam, no ill will. Get some help. Talk to a friend and decompress. Ok? We'll talk later. Just log off and we'll talk later. Just do that. Log off and we'll talk later.
Take care.

Insanely generous and correct!

Sorry Ray, while Ive not taken a Public position on right or wrong,
dozens of "Bones" have been thrown your way, including from the Op.

Im sorry that I disagree with your postings in the strongest way.

Very good advice here, and you blew it off.

Time to walk away and take a vacation, get a massage, or pour a drink.

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

(and unless this is some "expanded universe" shit there's no implied date that Robocop takes place in the film, right?)

It may have been mentioned in a behind the scenes clip.

#322 3 years ago

Many years ago I almost paid treasure cove to restore a game when I was brand new to the hobby. Now I'm glad I didn't.

#323 3 years ago

"Permanecer sed mis amigos"

mim+-+adj (resized).jpg

#324 3 years ago

TC keeps bringing up "you said you bought a board and you didn't". Matt has not responded to this, but I thought he said in a post WAY back there that he ordered a board and then cancelled? I wish he would at least say this on this thread so we can all know the truth.

TC is not that many miles away from me. I feel sorry for them.

But also sorry if I sound insensitive, but I was jarred the very second I read Ray's response where he pressed the issue of his brother dying. That jumped out at me as a deflection screen to get sympathy. I don't think he should have mentioned that at all! I DID post a very sympathetic comment on the thread announcing the death of his brother. It was shocking news to all of us. But that doesn't give Ray the right to use his brother's death in his defenses. Yes, I know they worked together and I'm sure he is missed. All I know is when my brother died, I never used his death as an excuse for something wrong I did. I felt it would be tacky if I did.

Matt . . . you did the right thing by coming on here and posting your problem. By Ray's comments, I'm positive he read your email because of the many things he said that he could NOT have commented on had he not read your email. I have never done business with TC and probably never would. Too pricey for me. But this seals the deal. I couldn't go through all this emotional turmoil.

#325 3 years ago

#326 3 years ago

WOW! all this over $150.

#327 3 years ago

I would have gladly sent you a replacement board and tried to help you...

dead to me (resized).jpg

#328 3 years ago

Gomez-s-Train-Wreck-addams-family-5704531-400-300 (resized).jpg

#329 3 years ago

It was going?? So In other words YOU NEVER BOUGHT AND PAID FOR AN MPU BOARD LAST WEEK!! So Who is the f--in LIAR!! Just like you never sent me an email last week either!!

Nobody gives a shit about that. You sold him a non-working piece of shit game and claimed it worked 100%. When he complained that the board had battery damage, instead of making it right, you called your customer a liar, had an angry meltdown in public, and repeatedly deflected, made excuses, lied, and attacked your customer base.

You literally could not have handled this any worse.

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

If any of you have any questions e-mail me. I'll give you and answer however I best can.
Ray gave the price for a board. I was ripped off but what's done is done.
Thank you all for the helping me.
Ray, I wish you the best in all endeavors.

Thanks for the comments ..you as well, please close the thread!

#331 3 years ago

dead to me board (resized).jpg

#332 3 years ago

I've read through this whole ridiculous thread and, frankly, the thing I find most repellent is Ray's constant references to his brother's passing as some excuse for this whole debacle. While I can feel empathy for your loss, it isn't an excuse for how you did business or how you reacted.

While I'm not trying to be part of a mindless, torch-bearing mass (my regards to Art here), I would avoid doing business with TC primarily for three reasons:

1. He is a retail business and asked for "Friends and Family" PP payment. That takes away the few protections the buyer has, it is CLEARLY against PayPal guidelines and it is likely a dodge for reporting income on TC's taxes. Dishonest/sketchy strike one!
2. His first impulse was to think the seller was pulling a scam. Hard-learned life experiences have taught me that people who have this viewpoint have it because that is how they live their own lives. Dishonest/sketchy strike two!
3. He charges fees for services that are provided by the shipper. A shipping/wrapping fee of $120 is preposterous, even it was actually being incurred. A new shipping blanket, card stock and shrink wrap would run about $30 and it takes 30 minutes to wrap/prep a game if you do it carefully. So that warrants a labor rate of $180/hr (30 min @ $90 remainder of wrapping fee). But all of this is moot, because NAVL already does this as part of its shipping fee! Classic case of screwing over customer for an easy $120. Dishonest/sketchy strike three!

And I'm not even going to get into mixing 3M polishes and repackaging them as their own proprietary products (my father was in the auto industry and the moment I opened a TC polish it was clearly 3M stuff - looks, smells and has the same consistency of the stuff in my Dad's shop that I had to use finishing cars all through my teens and early 20's). I'm sorry if this offends people like Art. I'm only judging Ray (Treasure Cove) by their own actions. And while I completely agree that anger/bigotry have exploded with through the Internet, I also believe that there should be accountability for one's actions. Ray has not show one iota of remorse/regret/apology for this entire incident. If anything, it's the opposite - he presents himself as the victim.

#333 3 years ago

i am sure this will cost TC more than a $150 board in how the situation was handled. i have been in customer service since 1997.... and all i can say is wow

#334 3 years ago

It was going?? So In other words YOU NEVER BOUGHT AND PAID FOR AN MPU BOARD LAST WEEK!! So Who is the f--in LIAR!! Just like you never sent me an email last week either!!

You sold a game with a bad MPU, lied about it, and unjustly tried to drag the OP's name through the mud.

Nice replacement MPUs don't come cheaper than $150. You got off with the lowest possible cost. Don't act like he doesn't need at LEAST $150 to rectify this situation.

SHAME on you for how you've conducted yourself here.

#335 3 years ago

That board is thrashed. You owed him a decent board.

I saw your email exchange before he posted here. He raised a valid concern, and you told him to pound sand.

Don't you DARE make him out to be the bad guy here.

#336 3 years ago

IBTL (resized).jpeg

#337 3 years ago

Doesn't matter whether OP bought a board, or not. We know that his current JD board is crap. A replacement is in order, whether or not he'd already purchased one. Don't know why Ray thinks that's significant. We don't need to see a bill of sale for the board.

#338 3 years ago

Wait, we want to sing you a song before the lock:

#339 3 years ago

Overlooking Ray's pugnacious posts...I think the damage is to the TC "rep". You could argue about the pricing, detail, etc but with Allen there was at least the trust the machine had been gone over and the customer would be taken care of...

Now they will be known as the biz that doesn't even notice if a game has a green, encrusted and aged acid damaged boards before they ship it out. Or *worse*...they notice it but ship anyways and hope the customer *doesn't*.

Eye opening indeed.

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I've read through this whole ridiculous thread and, frankly, the thing I find most repellent is Ray's constant references to his brother's passing as some excuse for this whole debacle. While I can feel empathy for your loss, it isn't an excuse for how you did business or how you reacted.
While I'm not trying to be part of a mindless, torch-bearing mass (my regards to Art here), I would avoid doing business with TC primarily for three reasons:
1. He is a retail business and asked for "Friends and Family" PP payment. That takes away the few protections the buyer has, it is CLEARLY against PayPal guidelines and it is likely a dodge for reporting income on TC's taxes. Dishonest/sketchy strike one!
2. His first impulse was to think the seller was pulling a scam. Hard-learned life experiences have taught me that people who have this viewpoint have it because that is how they live their own lives. Dishonest/sketchy strike two!
3. He charges fees for services that are provided by the shipper. A shipping/wrapping fee of $120 is preposterous, even it was actually being incurred. A new shipping blanket, card stock and shrink wrap would run about $30 and it takes 30 minutes to wrap/prep a game if you do it carefully. So that warrants a labor rate of $180/hr (30 min @ $90 remainder of wrapping fee). But all of this is moot, because NAVL already does this as part of its shipping fee! Classic case of screwing over customer for an easy $120. Dishonest/sketchy strike three!
And I'm not even going to get into mixing 3M polishes and repackaging them as their own proprietary products (my father was in the auto industry and the moment I opened a TC polish it was clearly 3M stuff - looks, smells and has the same consistency of the stuff in my Dad's shop that I had to use finishing cars all through my teens and early 20's). I'm sorry if this offends people like Art. I'm only judging Ray (Treasure Cove) by their own actions. And while I completely agree that anger/bigotry have exploded with through the Internet, I also believe that there should be accountability for one's actions. Ray has not show one iota of remorse/regret/apology for this entire incident. If anything, it's the opposite - he presents himself as the victim.

Please dont worry about me!!!

Last night, my issues were more politics than this thread, and I was hoping a night of sleep for both parties would bring sound reasoning.
I see and agree, the Op, is being as well mannered as anyone could be.

Its sad that Ray doesnt hear the good advice, and continues down a difficult path.

I am 100% with everyone here, especially after a day to think this through from TC.

What gets said now, in any form, in any position, even anger, now appears justified, because its beyond immediate emotions.

My point is an example, we all have fights with people, family, wives, friends, but smarter heads prevail, we step back as a day goes by and fix.

Not happening here, and no help from Ray, except to only hold firm, but now to start being rude to others.....no good.

#343 3 years ago

Sure, Judge Dredd is a $1,400 game, folks, but the drama it comes with is priceless!

#344 3 years ago

2 face (resized).jpg

#345 3 years ago

This thread needs to remain open to serve as warning to anyone who would do business with Treasurecove. The amount of customer disservice here is incredible. Sweeping problems like this under the rug just encourages more abuse.

#346 3 years ago

Buying a used pinball machine without inspecting it in person is a tough road.
I did that once and most likely never again.

#347 3 years ago

images (resized).jpg

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

Buying a used pinball machine without inspecting it in person is a tough road.
I did that once and most likely never again.

When buying privately i agree....when buying full blown retail and then some from a reputable business ...shouldn't be like this.

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

When a credit is given by Paypal, it some times treats it like an echeck and it takes 3 days before it shows up in your account. Hopefully this is what happened.

a e-check will at least show up under the buyers paypal account/overview as being received.. but not cleared.
it will give an estimate clear date, usually 3/5 business days

#350 3 years ago

Right off there website, this explains it all. Ray only does pre 1990 work!

Ray Shope: Ray is undoubtedly the "American Picker" of Pinball Machines.
He can also, out-repair, out-restore, anyone when it comes to pre 1990's Pinball Machines, Jukeboxes, Arcade and Coin-op machines! If you want to see the quality of Ray's work, goto the Photo Gallery page and look at the photos of the Hawaiian Beauty Pinball Machine. No one does it better!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 25.00
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside