dead to me (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
mim+-+adj (resized).jpg
Morton (resized).jpg
ship (resized).jpg
drop (resized).jpg
Boom (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from treasurecove:

I guess you didnt or cant read that Paypal money had to be moved around first?? Why dont you just pay him for me since it concerns you so much smart ass !! Duh1

To be fair, yesterday you did say:

I have refunded your paypal $149

#252 7 years ago

Disregard the $1500 game because it's missing boards. The average of the other four games is $2,350. Overpriced, maybe. Did the OP do his research, was he forced to buy it? So the OP paid over $3K. Is that the TC's fault? I don't think the seller was holding a gun to the OPs head to pay that price.

#253 7 years ago

^^ unfortunately TC has about reached China

#254 7 years ago

I see where this is going.

IMG_2602 (resized).JPGIMG_2602 (resized).JPG

IMG_2603 (resized).JPGIMG_2603 (resized).JPG

#255 7 years ago

TC....... Why didn't you look over every inch of the most vital part of any machine you sell with a premium price on it, like this JD????? You want to charge really high premium prices and then throw in the description working 100% you had better look inside every back box, at the main thing that matters when selling a pinball machine with that 100 % claim on it, the boards!!!!! How come you didn't look???? ..... "Oh it plays fine, it 100%, give me a break! You didn't see that corrosion when you unscrewed the head bolts????? Bull shit!

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Disregard the $1500 game because it's missing boards

True, but even so, after purchasing the proper boards the it would bring the total up to the current "average" of the other games.

#257 7 years ago

Ridiculous! Since I haven't seen any invoice of what you bought, who you bought it from.. or the price you paid, I have refunded your paypal $149 for what Arcadeshop.com charges for a new one.

This is your EXACT quote from last night!!!

#258 7 years ago

I guess you didnt or cant read that Paypal money had to be moved around first?? Why dont you just pay him for me since it concerns you so much smart ass !! Duh1

Shovel.....hole.....deeper.......

You sir are pathetic!

#259 7 years ago

Ray,

As you know my cell phone coverage is spotty at best where I live. The best communication I have is e-mail and text. I'm seeing my e-mails you three at a time late Tuesday and it was all the same e-mail one minute apart.

Again ok, there might have been a e-mail issue. I posted last week here asking what to. That night I e-mailed you. Waited, then contacted you again. Either way, you said no.

You have accused me of lying, You accused me of fraud and you accused me of being untrustworthy. All the while I was vetted by more experienced guys on this site.

I owe you nothing.

Then suddenly, I've had the game for weeks (your words), I tested at NAVL? I drove to Denver and picked it because it was going to take another week to get and I was excited to get it. I called about the topper because I couldn't find it and explained that to you when you called back. It's a voicemail so attach the audio file here. There were no threats. The night I drove it home and set it up was when I posted here asking for advice, then promptly e-mailed on the advice of other pinsiders.

During this entire process I have not resorted to name calling or false accusations. Just what I knew and been respectful and addressed you as sir or Ray.

I posted this thread because you told me you wouldn't replace the board. Pure and simple. There is a lot more issues going on here I.e. Start button doesn't work, left launch doesn't work, left flipper button sometimes sticks, few leds that don't work, the crane was broken but I fixed it, coin slots don't work, severe battery corrosion and doesn't hold memory.

You said the game was "thoroughly tested and works 100%" all I asked for was fair and realistic based on what I paid despite all of the other issues. You even suddenly did some magic numbers and told me you discounted it $800.00.

We agreed on $3,200 discounted from $3,400 (your words) for a "thoroughly tested and works 100%" it was far from that and all I asked for was a board. Nothing was ever mentioned of that before I bought the pin.

You lied, ripped me off and accused me of criminal acts.

If this was a mistake, oversight, lack of judgment, I could empathize and understand. But instead of admitting it and working a solution you chose to blame, accuse and divert.

I owe you nothing! Oh and be sure to make the payment via PayPal under "friends and family".

IMG_1241 (resized).PNGIMG_1241 (resized).PNG

IMG_1239 (resized).PNGIMG_1239 (resized).PNG

IMG_1240 (resized).PNGIMG_1240 (resized).PNG

IMG_1242 (resized).PNGIMG_1242 (resized).PNG

IMG_1243 (resized).PNGIMG_1243 (resized).PNG

IMG_1244 (resized).PNGIMG_1244 (resized).PNG

IMG_1246 (resized).PNGIMG_1246 (resized).PNG

#260 7 years ago

Brand trust and professionalism are important in business. I'm simply amazed at what's happening here.

This whole thing could have been resolved very quickly and easily without pinside ever finding out about it. Instead, the hole keeps getting deeper.

#261 7 years ago

ACTIVELY throwing his business away....
Like he can't help himself.

#262 7 years ago

Kal_el...two things to put this to rest. A screenshot of the board you ordered last week and a screen shot of your sent email to ray with last week's date. So far all your screen grabs show Feb 1. Now you don't owe us anything but it would solidify your time line of events and eliminate any doubts.

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Kal_el...two things to put this to rest. A screenshot of the board you ordered last week and a screen shot of your sent email to ray with last week's date. So far all your screen grabs show Feb 1. Now you don't owe us anything but it would solidify your time line of events and eliminate any doubts.

Even if there are any doubts, the OP has proven to be quite polite and to the point in his exchanges with Ray. It is Ray that has proven himself to be pure garbage as a businessman and a liar.

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Even if there are any doubts, the OP has proven to be quite polite and to the point in his exchanges with Ray. It is Ray that has proven himself to be pure garbage as a businessman and a liar.

Honestly it no longer matters if the replacement board has been ordered yet or the exact timeline of events, those do not charge the core issues

#265 7 years ago

A list of Treasure Cove's lies so far:
Game is 100%
Buyer must've switched board
PayPal WAS refunded (clearly written in past tense)

Is there anything else I'm missing?

#266 7 years ago

Oh, also in any business practice where a price is negotiated with a 100% working guarantee, discounts do not cover any claims of warranty or misrepresentation. You discounted a sub par game from $3400 to $3200 and chose to waive your $140 shipping/handling fee. Those have ZERO liability towards a corrosion damaged board the buyer received.

Again, your defenses are pathetic.

#267 7 years ago

** Note to self - read this thread to learn how NOT to run a business / read this to learn how to ruin a business fast.

#268 7 years ago

When a credit is given by Paypal, it some times treats it like an echeck and it takes 3 days before it shows up in your account. Hopefully this is what happened.

#269 7 years ago

Man, this guy writes and behaves like a shady ass. Permanent spot on my naughty list.

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Absolutely agree...but there are two issues here in my opinion. How TC conducted it's business after an issue arose. No doubt that was handled poorly. The other issue is was there a misunderstanding due to a latent email server or was it pure fraud from the get go. Emotional butt hurt rants I can get over. Purposeful fraud and obfuscation I cannot.

#271 7 years ago

Some may ask why I am so involved with comments on this particular situation. I have been in the whole pinball thing since I was 14. When I was younger , I did buy a machine from a retail outfit. I was burned with a song and dance , a P.O.S. of a machine, and no support what so ever. The internet was very young and there was no Google or Yelp or Pinside. Maybe a very infant RGP? Anyway I was stuck with this shit and really had no recourse other than small claims court. Yeah right. I know what it feels like to be burned.

I now own my own business(not pinball) and would NEVER treat a customer in that way. I would never want a customer of mine feeling the way I did when I got burned years ago. Trust me, in business, when dealing with an upset customer, a heartfelt " I am so sorry this happened, let's see what we can figure out to make this right" goes a LOOOONG way. It works whether I am right OR wrong.

#272 7 years ago

Thank you and you're right

Quoted from vdojaq:Some may ask why I am so involved with comments on this particular situation. I have been in the whole pinball thing since I was 14. When I was younger , I did buy a machine from a retail outfit. I was burned with a song and dance , a P.O.S. of a machine, and no support what so ever. The internet was very young and there was no Google or Yelp or Pinside. Maybe a very infant RGP? Anyway I was stuck with this shit and really had no recourse other than small claims court. Yeah right. I know what it feels like to be burned.
I now own my own business(not pinball) and would NEVER treat a customer in that way. I would never want a customer of mine feeling the way I did when I got burned years ago. Trust me, in business, when dealing with an upset customer, a heartfelt " I am so sorry this happened, let's see what we can figure out to make this right" goes a LOOOONG way. It works whether I am right OR wrong.

Thank you and your right.

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

When a credit is given by Paypal, it some times treats it like an echeck and it takes 3 days before it shows up in your account.

When I have had people pay with e-check through Paypal, I get an immediate notification of pending payment, then Paypal lets me know when it clears a few days later. I'm not sure of all of the circumstances here, nor do I want to get involved.

#274 7 years ago

At this point TC, i must admit, its time to just come out and say I screwed up. I will always stand up for a fellow hooiser and someone that has contributed to this community, but its just not worth ruining your reputation over 150 bucks. Things happen, crap gets missed, but we move on and make things right.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

At this point TC, i must admit, its time to just come out and say I screwed up. I will always stand up for a fellow hooiser and someone that has contributed to this community, but its just not worth ruining your reputation over 150 bucks. Things happen, crap gets missed, but we move on and make things right.

+1.
I've been following this thread since its inception. It's 2am in Hong Kong, let's close this case and call it a day. I need some sleep.

#276 7 years ago

Ray, you dont know me or have a reason to be mad at me.
I understand and empathize 100% with what you feel.

There is lots of great advice here. Yes, you, in your mind could be 100% correct.

But its just money, perhaps an apology, and move on.

I hate these threads, what it does to people. But more than money is your health and sanity.
I personally couldnt do it any more, while many others can.

From experience, you need to move past this and whether you feel you are right, just
watch the posts because everything is judged in a social forum. Dont post Negatives.

You may not care, but on your behalf, others do.

Please help end this before it gets much worse.

(That and Ill need to drain for my health!)

#277 7 years ago

Treasure Cove 2 Days Ago:
Treasure Cove (resized).jpgTreasure Cove (resized).jpg

Treasure Cove Now:
Boom (resized).jpgBoom (resized).jpg

#278 7 years ago

"Had I seen the corrosion when it was in the shop First I would have fixed it or replaced it beforehand with the many other MPU boards I have. The game worked for me here and Dodge said it worked when he got it. "

Wait Ray, I told you the game worked when I got it? How do you know unless you got the e-mails?

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

How do you know unless you got the e-mails?

SNAP!

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yeah he has yet to show any of us the emails he sent a week ago, and hasn't sent a copy of the invoice for the board he supposedly bought a week ago either... and Dodge I got the info from where you said it worked on the damn post you made a week ago!

#281 7 years ago

Wait Ray, I told you the game worked when I got it? How do you know unless you got the e-mails?

drop (resized).jpgdrop (resized).jpg

#282 7 years ago

The post you said you didn't see?

#283 7 years ago

Social media is so good at cleaning other peoples dirty laundry.

Not sure if that's a good thing for society or not.

#284 7 years ago

Ray,

The $140 was going to karcade to buy a plug and rotten dog with the forever battery. Yes it's more than $150 because I don't know how to take out the chips. Want the e-mails?

#285 7 years ago

I'm like 2 hours away from Gering if you need help repinning the connectors or anything.

#286 7 years ago

Yeah he has yet to show any of us the emails he sent a week ago, and hasn't sent a copy of the invoice for the board he supposedly bought a week ago either... and Dodge I got the info from where you said it worked on the damn post you made a week ago!

What's so hard to understand? You sold a game 100% that clearly wasn't. You want to argue semantics. What does any of your crazy rantings have to do with the fact you misreprested the game you sold.

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

The post you said you didn't see?

Yeah read it yesterday after it was posted here! Regardless Matt Dodge isn't going to post his invoice for a board he bought a week ago...because he didn't buy it yet!!
Anyway I paid him the $149 friends and family just now as the money cleared. Here is the Unique Transaction ID # 13S20125CP357312U

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I'm like 2 hours away from Gering if you need help repinning the connectors or anything.

Yes! Please! I'll pay for your time!

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Ray,
The $140 was going to karcade to buy a plug and rotten dog with the forever battery. Yes it's more than $150 because I don't know how to take out the chips. Want the e-mails?

It was going?? So In other words YOU NEVER BOUGHT AND PAID FOR AN MPU BOARD LAST WEEK!! So Who is the f--in LIAR!! Just like you never sent me an email last week either!!

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

What's so hard to understand? You sold a game 100% that clearly wasn't. You want to argue semantics. What does any of your crazy rantings have to do with the fact you misreprested the game you sold.

100% spot on, thanks!

#291 7 years ago

It was going?? So In other words YOU NEVER BOUGHT AND PAID FOR AN MPU BOARD LAST WEEK!! So Who is the f--in LIAR!! Just like you never sent me an email last week either!

Wow!! You just don't get it!!

#292 7 years ago

So Who is the f--in LIAR!

Last I checked it's still you.....

Yep.

Still you.

#293 7 years ago

Yeeesh.

#295 7 years ago

It was going?? So In other words YOU NEVER BOUGHT AND PAID FOR AN MPU BOARD LAST WEEK!! So Who is the f--in LIAR!! Just like you never sent me an email last week either!!

Again, the OP has proven his case. You sent him a shit board. You owe him for that board. What he does with that money is his prerogative, not yours.

The OP did say he bought a new board early on, and if he hasn't yet then that's his bad. Does not change the fact you did not want to stand behind your crap you sent, your accusations, and bullshit comments of how the discounts cover his costs.

#296 7 years ago

Step away from the keyboard.... quickly.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Social media is so good at cleaning other peoples dirty laundry.
Not sure if that's a good thing for society or not.

Said better than me!

#298 7 years ago

Ray,

You need some help dude. No playing, no sarcasam, no ill will. Get some help. Talk to a friend and decompress. Ok? We'll talk later. Just log off and we'll talk later. Just do that. Log off and we'll talk later.

Take care.

#299 7 years ago

My dad taught me at a young age in regards to business, that it isn't how much you know, it's how much you care.

#300 7 years ago

Whew, I think Ray and Matt need to stop posting, cool down for a bit then go meet up for a beer and clear the air with a face to face discussion. Sometimes I hate the internet, makes it too easy to publicly flip your lid and be unable to recover from a bad day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.