dead to me (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
mim+-+adj (resized).jpg
Morton (resized).jpg
ship (resized).jpg
drop (resized).jpg
Boom (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

And the next time a customer calls you out on a machine that is not 100% as you said it was, DON'T accuse that customer of swapping parts or making ludicrous claims that corrosion damage, of that extent, happened within a weeks time!
Piss poor on your part!

Used car salesman tactics. Fuck Treasure Cove.

#152 7 years ago

TC tried to pull a fast one on a relative new pinner and it backfired.

#153 7 years ago

the boards match the MPU and the driver board. Those are the original boards that came with that game.

Treasure Cove has a good reputation for making their games look great in pictures. But that's not always the case when looked more closely. I know friends that have gotten them with a bunch of things overlooked, that should not have been with the price tag associated. When you pay double for what a JD goes for. You should not have acid damage or problems in any form.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from treasurecove:

DODGE STOP NOW!! You wont post this kind of BS against my brother!! Understand! And regarding your posts here you made a week ago?? Sorry I don't read this forum, which is different from sending "direct emails like you said" a week ago, texts! You could have easily just called me a week ago...but didn't ...as if you didn't have my phone number..expecting me to read posts you made about a problem you have?? Ridiculous! Since I haven't seen any invoice of what you bought, who you bought it from.. or the price you paid, I have refunded your paypal $149 for what Arcadeshop.com charges for a new one. If you paid more, then you should have asked here the best place to buy it on the forum first before ordering.or contacted me first before buying it. Do me and my late brother a favor and donate your old MPU board to someone financially strapped on the forum here that could seriously use it. And the next time you have a problem with a game or a part, try calling the vendor first before posting negativity on all the forums.

Well as a retailer, you should know that sending out a "working game" (not a project pin) with this kind of damage is bad business and/or a sloppy oversight. Swapping this board out by a newbie is no trivial task. Sending a replacement board installed by a local service technician would even things up. If the buyer jumped the gun by purchasing the new board, so be it. He can return it at his expense or sell it on the market.

#155 7 years ago

I still feel like there's an ethical concern here, what with Treasure Cove having unjustly accused the buyer of swapping boards and deflecting from the actual issue, even though this has been made right from a material standpoint.

#156 7 years ago

It would appear the TC business has gone to sh*t since Allen passed away. Shipping a game with a roached board as fully working, calling the buyer a liar, then claiming a previously-negotiated discount should count towards the board's replacement?? Yikes... Will never recommend them again.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I still feel like there's an ethical concern here, what with Treasure Cove having unjustly accused the buyer of swapping boards and deflecting from the actual issue, even though this has been made right from a material standpoint.

That, and it seems like a quick flip to me, rather than a restoration that I would expect from a price point like this.

#158 7 years ago

Receiving a replacement board may only be half the battle. On the OP's other thread where he originally made light of the damaged board, I requested pictures 7 days ago of the MPU wired connectors once they were disconnected. It is very likely many of these will need to be repined based on how much damage I see in the picture. So now, who will eat this cost if the OP has to call someone over to do the work?

#159 7 years ago

Txs for posting op

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Receiving a replacement board may only be half the battle. On the OP's other thread where he originally made light of the damaged board, I requested pictures 7 days ago of the MPU wired connectors once they were disconnected. It is very likely many of these will need to be repined based on how much damage I see in the picture. So now, who will eat this cost in the OP has to call someone over to do the work?

hopefully if this is the case a local pinsider will reach out and help him locally. I know i would if he was near me.

#161 7 years ago

Just paying 3200 for a nonworking average JD if fkd up. Throw in shipping...... WTF

I heard stories like this about the "CC" quality games they put out for a while now. Throw in problems with their repro artwork and it seems to be the new standard

#162 7 years ago

business-flushed-down-toilet-failure-word-3d-animation_srsvktgl__S0003 (resized).jpgbusiness-flushed-down-toilet-failure-word-3d-animation_srsvktgl__S0003 (resized).jpg

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

hopefully if this is the case a locally pinsider will reach out and help him locally. I know i would if he was near me.

Hey if you know anyone in the area! I'm kinda rural but last time I got peak pinball to come out. They're from Denver though. Good guy though!

#164 7 years ago

Well from reading the thread IMO Treasure Cove knew about the acid damage....as a vendor you know what to look for and inspect before you send anything out the door. He was obviously looking for some fast cash to pay funeral expenses and knew he had a n00b he could pull a fast one on and basically screw him.

I feel bad for the dude who got CHOGGARD by Treasure Cove. Based on this thread I'd never give that buff00n one red cent of my money! He can apologize all he wants on this thread but make no mistake the guy saw an opportunity to screw someone for fast cash and he did it.

DISGUSTING!

Maybe he should rename his business from Treasure Cove to CHOGGARD COVE!

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

hopefully if this is the case a locally pinsider will reach out and help him locally. I know i would if he was near me.

I've done that a few times for people from here and Facebook.

#166 7 years ago

It states $120 AND it also says $140 prep packaging. I hate when companies charge to sell you something. I understand you have to get it ready but thats like "handling" in shipping and handling. If you want to charge a get ready to ship fee put it in the price unless your price is already so high people will say no. So if it's the lower amount of $120 let's say $30 an hour, does it take 4 hours to remove legs, fold a head and put on a strap?

#167 7 years ago

Put a fork in them.

They're done around these parts.

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Receiving a replacement board may only be half the battle. On the OP's other thread where he originally made light of the damaged board, I requested pictures 7 days ago of the MPU wired connectors once they were disconnected. It is very likely many of these will need to be repined based on how much damage I see in the picture. So now, who will eat this cost in the OP has to call someone over to do the work?

what should have happened? in business, if this was overlooked i would have taken the machine back, and replaced the board for the customer, and ANY other mechs that needed replacing.... good customer service. it goes a long way.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

what should have happened? in business, if this was overlooked i would have taken the machine back, and replaced the board for the customer, and ANY other mechs that needed replacing.... good customer service. it goes a long way.

TC = FUN = Ebay = Craigslist

#170 7 years ago

Congrats TC, your reputation with everyone reading this is now trash! Although i never would have or will ever do business with you, especially at your comical pricing and lack of integrity, I hope you suffer big time from it. You knew damn well of that damage OR your a big time liar trying to hose a newbie seller..... Plain and simple! 100% working and gone through MY ASS!

WTF is wrong with people who try to take advantage of people in this booming hobby! Pisses me off reading shit like this!

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Congrats TC, your reputation with everyone reading this is now trash! Although i never would have or will ever do business with you, especially at your comical pricing and lack of integrity, I hope you suffer big time from it. You knew damn well of that damage OR your a big time liar trying to hose a newbie seller..... Plain and simple! 100% working and gone through MY ASS!

WTF is wrong with people who try to take advantage of people in this booming hobby! Pisses me off reading shit like this!

Couldn't agree more !

#172 7 years ago

A retailer with an established business and clientele asking for payment to two paypal accounts friend and family is super shady. Making the customer happy is always the best policy. I always say a happy customer tells 10 people. An unhappy customer tells 100. Do the math.

#173 7 years ago

I was actually surprised to see the owner of treasure cove commenting on this post. I know when a customer has negative things to say about my business. Like it's to smoky, the staff was rude or some isolated incident. I find it's best not to comment back on public websites Or if I do it's short, sweet and to the point. Anything more then that makes things that much worse.

#174 7 years ago

I just want to add that I did not know of Allen's passing until seeing this thread. I'm saddened by this news as my first pin (TOM) was purchased from TC. Allen was partly the reason why pinball is now a hobby of mine. I was just getting ready to email TC about a couple more machines I was looking to purchase and now I'm no longer sure this would be a smart idea.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

I know. I'm rather new at this. Learning experience.

I try to tell every new pin collector, you are better off buying a game from a private collector here on Pinside than going through a retail store. The game will likely be in better condition both cosmetically and mechanically.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 7 years ago

After reading through this thread I will NEVER, EVER purchase anything from Treasure Cove and I will recommend nobody else do so either. He got caught in a straight up SCAM LIE and his reputation is ruined as far as I'm concerned. What a sad story.

Treasure Cove - you deserve everything coming your way from trying to pull a fast one on an paying customer.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That corrosion didn't come from those batteries.

Bingo.

And that is what we refer to as a "smoking gun."

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

As a business owner myself, this looks to me as a clear case of an off the record type sale by Treasure Cove. The second he made you pay with the "Friends and Family" route on Paypal their should have been huge red flags. It would have been in my mind anyway.
Ray from Treasure Cove pulled a fast one here on an unsuspecting newcomer in the pinball world. Thank you to the OP for posing this so we can all see what kind of a businessman Ray is. Ray would have done nothing for the OP without his posting of this.
Sorry, but Treasure Cove cannot be trusted. The second that Ray accused the buyer of swapping the boards or the corrosion happened in the week the OP had the machine is complete bullshit. All credibility of this company is out the window.
I second the OP , buyer beware of Treasure Cove .

Couldn't agree more.

Sad to see the downfall of TC like this so soon after Allen's passing.

#179 7 years ago

Just informed of this post..and I wont let someone like Matt Dodge throw me and my brothers business under the bus with all his lies and made up BS! We don't do business that way!! Matt Dodge claims he has been emailing me for a week?? HA BS..try 1 day! And texts he sent late last night plus an email today, wanting me to reimburse him for an MPU he bought for a game I sold him? Why didn't he contact me first with any kind of problems he had.. or even call or allow me to offer a solution like exchanging the MPU first for one I have here..or allow me to have a tech come over and look at the game, before he takes it on himself to buying a new one?? And I would not have knowing sold it anyway with a corroded board so I don't know what game he is playing..or if that is even the corroded MPU that came from the game? Since Matt has lied to me about all the supposed emails he has sent for over a week I find him to be dishonest. The game needed cosmetic cabinet work and we bought the game from a collector in Cincy as a trade. Allen and I had intentions of restoring the game and selling for $3995 but since he passed I decided to sell it for less a week later, to help pay some of his funeral expenses, which is why the 2 invoices . I discounted the game $200, gave him free $140 prep packing and a polish kit and decals also for free. Yes I tested it and it worked fine, wasn't restored which I explained to him on the phone. He then emailed asking if the Deadworld worked fine which I answered him..yes(read his post). I have since just called the collector I got this from and he verified with me No Way the board was corroded when he sold it to me. I sent outside game pics to show him the cabinet wasn't perfect. Matt Dodge has played the game for a few weeks since getting it from NAVL and now notices MPU corrosion? And here is the last email I sent him...not what he says above.
Matt, sorry you are angry, but I am not going to pay you for a new board you ordered "without contacting us first" before doing so! Normally we would have you send the board back and we would decide to repair or fix it and then send it back to you. The game was tested and did work here ..and for you when you got it from NAVL.  Re: The Discount..$340 (according to you) which is more than enough to pay for a new board anyway.

Nope!

Nope (resized).jpgNope (resized).jpg

#180 7 years ago

I figured I would buy some top restorations from these two redneck shit stains. They took 42,000 of my hard earned tax paid money and sent me 6 of the crappiest?---------I am at a lost from words of how theses two scumbags could even put their name on this bullshit called quality. I will tell you I am not sorry because I asked many people if they ever heard of this type of problem from the Shope or shit brothers. Sure I did. 7 out of 10 people new of the hidden cove of shit they sell. I hope my honesty will make some of you come forward and admit of the worst company I ever dealt with. Good luck and good riddance because ray is so stupid that the doors will be pad locked before allen is in the ground. Good bye losers that means you ray how about all your hidden payoffs i had to donate to you because allen knew how stupid you are --------- good bye and please be honest and if they screwed you its about time we cut the shit and come on down and give back how you really feel

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

<snip> He can apologize all he wants on this thread but make no mistake the guy saw an opportunity to screw someone for fast cash and he did it. DISGUSTING!<snip>

He didn't apologize at all, he merely said he was sorry the OP was angry:

Matt, sorry you are angry, but <snip>.

#182 7 years ago

Wasn't there a thread a while back about HEP vs TC restorations? I'll just assume no one got their HEP game back with an acid damaged board. I also really enjoyed how the OP who couldn't find the serial number sticker on the cabinet was being accused of swapping out boards to 'scam' TC. Have purchased some stickers and polish from TC in the past but will not going forward, hopefully this thread shows up for anyone searching for reviews on TC.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from terapin99:

I figured I would buy some top restorations from these two redneck shit stains. They took 42,000 of my hard earned tax paid money and sent me 6 of the crappiest?---------I am at a lost from words of how theses two scumbags could even put their name on this bullshit called quality. I will tell you I am not sorry because I asked many people if they ever heard of this type of problem from the Shope or shit brothers. Sure I did. 7 out of 10 people new of the hidden cove of shit they sell. I hope my honesty will make some of you come forward and admit of the worst company I ever dealt with. Good luck and good riddance because ray is so stupid that the doors will be pad locked before allen is in the ground. Good bye losers that means you ray how about all your hidden payoffs i had to donate to you because allen knew how stupid you are --------- good bye and please be honest and if they screwed you its about time we cut the shit and come on down and give back how you really feel

I'm interested in some of the things you found.

#184 7 years ago

I want this issue resolved more than anyone. I'm not trying to fan the flames. A few of you stated if he made it right you wouldn't hold it against them.

That's the only reason I'm posting this but as of right now he hasn't refunded me anything.

I think we can all learn from it and it truly shows who Ray is and how he conducts his business. I doubt I'll ever see this made right.

I want to thank you all for helping me.

#185 7 years ago

Kal_el sorry to hear this. I'm also relatively new in this hobby and I appreciate the warning here. Definitely will never be doing business with TC. What a tacky way for them to address what seems to be a simple fix here.

#186 7 years ago

I have refunded your paypal $149 for what Arcadeshop.com charges for a new one.

Wait he didn't refund you $149?!?
He just said he did right there?!?
This just gets worse and worse

#187 7 years ago

As a business owner myself, I know that the best way to grade a company is how well they respond to a problem.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from terapin99:

Powerful first post, thanks for sharing and warning others.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Whoever is right or wrong here, Trasurecove shouldn't be posting responses like this on a public forum. Not a good idea. The right thing to do is post a non-emotional response and contact the customer directly. Take care of the problem. Swallow the cost of the board and move on with business. I personally would now never do business with them because of this. Not replacing this board is costing them 10x more in the long run.

I disagree with you. I like to see how a business really treats their customers. This is a great example - get rid of all the fluff and niceities, and show me how are REALLY are.

Needless to say, one business scratched off my list.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Needless to say, one business scratched off my list.

Agreed. Regardless of this outcome, I've seen enough from TC's responses and lies.

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from terapin99:

4 years and this is your first post? That is amazing Terapin99 and gives your words more weight. Sorry for having to deal with this company.

#192 7 years ago

This scares me. A lot of Angry People with no personal stake in this.

It would appear there is a party in the wrong, and this does happen.
Indeed, it may have been handled poorly.

In No, None, Zero defense of the parties, Public posts like this scare the crap out of businesses.

When wrong, even if thinking right, it should be communicated and resolved.
No one wins when handled this way.

As wrong as the company may be, and as right as the customer may be, we seem to create
social lynch mobs with huge interest, and many posts.

Sure, buy from whomever you wish, regardless. But the reaction from TC is emotional.
Difficult, likely wrong, but I understand.

It bothers me on 2 fronts. One is my opinion, as it seems everywhere I turn on the TV, we
are a new period of Anger, hate, and "Battle".

As a businessman, I was always putting out fires from employees to Govt, to customers.
What hurt most were the approx 100 plus emails that contained, "If you dont do this for me, (Free), I will create posts, and raise a stink. Is your business not worth giving me what I want?"
Try to be fair, but it feels like Blackmail.

yes, its different here.

Support the op, or even TC, but mistakes happen, we are human, and anything less than perfection shouldnt result in a public lynching.

Absolutely, abstain as you wish, share......but I worry about the anger and hate.

signed

an old retired dude.....that always loves pinball!

#193 7 years ago

seems to me that this was trying to be resolved behind the scenes, but was handled so poorly, it had to be brought to light.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This scares me. A lot of Angry People with no personal stake in this.
It would appear there is a party in the wrong, and this does happen.
Indeed, it may have been handled poorly.
In No, None, Zero defense of the parties, Public posts like this scare the crap out of businesses.
When wrong, even if thinking right, it should be communicated and resolved.
No one wins when handled this way.
As wrong as the company may be, and as right as the customer may be, we seem to create
social lynch mobs with huge interest, and many posts.
Sure, buy from whomever you wish, regardless. But the reaction from TC is emotional.
Difficult, likely wrong, but I understand.
It bothers me on 2 fronts. One is my opinion, as it seems everywhere I turn on the TV, we
are a new period of Anger, hate, and "Battle".
As a businessman, I was always putting out fires from employees to Govt, to customers.
What hurt most were the approx 100 plus emails that contained, "If you dont do this for me, (Free), I will create posts, and raise a stink. Is your business not worth giving me what I want?"
Try to be fair, but it feels like Blackmail.
yes, its different here.
Support the op, or even TC, but mistakes happen, we are human, and anything less than perfection shouldnt result in a public lynching.
Absolutely, abstain as you wish, share......but I worry about the anger and hate.
signed
an old retired dude.....that always loves pinball!

I'm surprised you left out " why cant we all just get along"

This isn't a mistake and the tone of the responses are horrible from the accused.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I'm surprised you left out " why cant we all just get along"
This isn't a mistake and the tone of the responses are horrible from the accused.

Not at all.

Im sorry if you read my post that way, but there does seem to be a standard assumption today.

My perspective is not to judge the situation, or make a comment in any way to inhibit anyones posting.

Its simply more a question of why others are personally angry, when it didnt affect them.

Yes, I feel its a mistake, the alternative is to believe it was intentional.

I am asking for the clarity on angry empathy, as opposed to saying "why dont we all get along."
or glowing, positiveness. No reason here to be Superficial positive, what might be your thoughts, not mine, just see no reason for others to be as Angry or even angrier, than the op.

#196 7 years ago

>>>>Customer Satisfaction!
If you're not happy, we're not happy! Your satisfaction is most import so anytime you have a question or concern, call us at (502) 291-1699.<<<

Apparently.... not so much!!! Sorry Bro..

#197 7 years ago

TC has no place to run and hide. Everyone can see them. So very sad to end this way.

#198 7 years ago

The guy just lost his brother. Come on people. Jeez

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not at all.
Im sorry if you read my post that way, but there does seem to be a standard assumption today.
My perspective is not to judge the situation, or make a comment in any way to inhibit anyones posting.
Its simply more a question of why others are personally angry, when it didnt affect them.
Yes, I feel its a mistake, the alternative is to believe it was intentional.
I am asking for the clarity on angry empathy, as opposed to saying "why dont we all get along."
or glowing, positiveness. No reason here to be Superficial positive, what might be your thoughts, not mine, just see no reason for others to be as Angry or even angrier, than the op.

It's the year of the cock.
Happy (Chinese) New Year!

It's going to be a bumpy year or four

#200 7 years ago

I don't think the OP was using this post as leverage against TC. I'm thankful that this was brought to our attention as anyone doing business like this without correcting their mistake (after SEVERAL opportunities to do so) deserves to be brought into the public eye. The reason people get emotional/angry about this is simple...we wouldn't want this to happen to us. Thanks to this post, it won't (not with TC at least).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
(Alt) Translites
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.