Topic Stats

• 396 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
TCGarage (resized).jpg
ThatsAShame (resized).jpg
chogs (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
2 face (resized).jpg
IBTL (resized).jpeg
dead to me board (resized).jpg
Gomez-s-Train-Wreck-addams-family-5704531-400-300 (resized).jpg
dead to me (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
mim+-+adj (resized).jpg
Morton (resized).jpg
ship (resized).jpg
drop (resized).jpg
Boom (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#102 3 years ago

I've got no dog in this fight but if the buyer has spent any time on pinside prior to buying they should've know to ask about battery damage on the boards and inspect them as soon as they recieved the machine.

#103 3 years ago

busted (resized).png

#104 3 years ago

See my below post. MPU serial number matches cab serial number.

You obviously didn't replace the MPU.

This is 100% on Treasure Cove.

Quoted from Collin:

Third pic down.

#105 3 years ago

yup, definitely didnt change the board.

#106 3 years ago

I didn't know you could do that through serial numbers. Thanks!

#107 3 years ago

images (resized).jpg

#108 3 years ago

Your move TC...

#109 3 years ago

Case closed, numbers match, now TC should make this right.

#110 3 years ago

Looking to me like TC never properly looked over this pin and just sent it out. They need to come clean on this one !

#111 3 years ago

IMG_6066 (resized).png

#112 3 years ago

I've ordered a machine from pinball universe and it had several issues, it was supposed of been "thoroughly inspected" also . enough issues to where I won't go back, but not enough to where I bothered getting back with the seller more then once. Think sometimes these guys get backlogged and just ship the machines out or they have help that doesn't have the same standards as the owner.

#113 3 years ago

200_s (resized).png

#114 3 years ago

$3,200 for a mediocre Judge Dredd? Are you kidding me? Game better be perfect for that price... Acid damage like that takes months, not days.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Think sometimes these guys get backlogged and just ship the machines out or they have help that doesn't have the same standards as the owner.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Don't know who Ray is, but Allen Shope was the main man there and he passed away last year. Allen would have never let that go out the door.

I believe Ray used to go by Sparkie on rec.games.pinball - it was always interesting reading.

and - come on Gering Nebraska, there are plenty of pinball machines you can buy between Omaha and Lincoln where you get to actually play the games.

#117 3 years ago

Just chiming in to say that if Ray does the very clearly right thing here and replaces this board, I won't hold this incident against him. We all have bad days, and no doubt he's had some bad ones lately. I'm hopeful this can still be worked out.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from ArnieC:

I believe Ray used to go by Sparkie on rec.games.pinball - it was always interesting reading.
and - come on Gering Nebraska, there are plenty of pinball machines you can buy between Omaha and Lincoln where you get to actually play the games.

Yeah I'm afraid without Allen even the vaunted "garage door pics" seem a little uninspired and lacking. Shame to lose him.

#119 3 years ago

Go back to the advice Vid gave you and put a dispute on the Credit card if you used it for the Pay-Pal. THEN you try to work it out...you can always drop the dispute later, but the longer you wait, the harder it is to do. It is the only real leverage you have outside of a public forum. Hold up the funds until you get some satisfaction.

#120 3 years ago

They should just credit back his PayPal the $300 and be done with it. If this isn't resolved fast, I would NEVER do business with that company!

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I've ordered a machine from pinball universe and it had several issues, it was supposed of been "thoroughly inspected" also . enough issues to where I won't go back, but not enough to where I bothered getting back with the seller more then once. Think sometimes these guys get backlogged and just ship the machines out or they have help that doesn't have the same standards as the owner.

That's what I thought too. It happens, we'll work it out. But now that he's accused me of being a liar and swapping out the MPU boards?!

My career is based on my integrity. I take that very personal.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from ArnieC:

I looked here first!!!!! Was looking for a Dredd

#123 3 years ago

On a happier note, at least you've got one of the greatest pins ever! Dredd is a personal favorite.

(this is not to detract from how despicable Treasure Cove's actions are)

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Go back to the advice Vid gave you and put a dispute on the Credit card if you used it for the Pay-Pal. THEN you try to work it out...you can always drop the dispute later, but the longer you wait, the harder it is to do.

Yeah it's too late.

#125 3 years ago

If the pics on page 2 with the drop ceiling over the JD and a LW3 came from the seller, the CPU board is clearly roached in them. You can tell even with the lower resolution.

I've known Ray and Allen for years, and I hope Ray will make things right here.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

If the pics on page 2 with the drop ceiling over the JD and a LW3 came from the seller, the CPU board is clearly roached in them. You can tell even with the lower resolution.

This is what happens when you are just flipping trade-ins at retail prices without going through the games.

I flip games too but I'd never sell a game like this at a retail price with retail expectations. TC was once one of the premier names in pinball restorations but it looks like their business model has changed. It's tough to be in retail these days when even crappy machines are going for big money, the squeeze on profit is bigger than ever.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Yup, those are my pics

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

He's you're brother?! Soooooo I see how this is going to go.

DODGE STOP NOW!! You wont post this kind of BS against my brother!! Understand! And regarding your posts here you made a week ago?? Sorry I don't read this forum, which is different from sending "direct emails like you said" a week ago, texts! You could have easily just called me a week ago...but didn't ...as if you didn't have my phone number..expecting me to read posts you made about a problem you have?? Ridiculous! Since I haven't seen any invoice of what you bought, who you bought it from.. or the price you paid, I have refunded your paypal $149 for what Arcadeshop.com charges for a new one. If you paid more, then you should have asked here the best place to buy it on the forum first before ordering.or contacted me first before buying it. Do me and my late brother a favor and donate your old MPU board to someone financially strapped on the forum here that could seriously use it. And the next time you have a problem with a game or a part, try calling the vendor first before posting negativity on all the forums.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from treasurecove:

Sorry I don't read this forum

Could be a fair point.

But you didn't address the fact that the game was not working as described.

That's a huge deal.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

I think Allen was the man in charge though, so perhaps with his passing Treasure Cove will not be anything like it once was.

exactly.

#132 3 years ago

DODGE STOP NOW!! You wont post this kind of BS against my brother!! Understand! And regarding your posts here you made a week ago?? Sorry I don't read this forum, which is different from sending "direct emails like you said" a week ago, texts! You could have easily just called me a week ago...but didn't ...as if you didn't have my phone number..expecting me to read posts you made about a problem you have?? Ridiculous! Since I haven't seen any invoice of what you bought, who you bought it from.. or the price you paid, I have refunded your paypal $149 for what Arcadeshop.com charges for a new one. If you paid more, then you should have asked here the best place to buy it on the forum first before ordering.or contacted me first before buying it. Do me and my late brother a favor and donate your old MPU board to someone financially strapped on the forum here that could seriously use it. And the next time you have a problem with a game or a part, try calling the vendor first before posting negativity on all the forums.

You've got a point that it's weird that he just went ahead and bought the board but it seems like there were communication issues. I also buy my MPUs from arcadeshop for $150, so I think that's a fair refund amount to pay for a new board. The "brother" stuff was just a misunderstanding I don't think Dodge understands what's going on there. With the money refunded I guess that closes the book on this one.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from ArnieC:

Gering Nebraska, there are plenty of pinball machines you can buy between Omaha and Lincoln where you get to actually play the games.

Gering* is a full day's drive from either of those towns. Denver is a much better bet.

* my hometown

#134 3 years ago

Seems to me the buyer was told too bad you played it for a week. Sure he went ahead and replaced the MPU, otherwise all he has is a big paperweight.

Just can't understand why Treasurecove or any seller would ruin their reputation over $149.00 - bad move Treasurecove.

#135 3 years ago

First off, thank you for refunding the money. I'll put it towards a new board.

Second, I did contact via e-mail last week and yesterday. If there was a mess up there then ok. I sent you e-mails and texts and you told me you wouldn't replace the board.

Third, as I've said earlier my career is about integrity. You lied. You even said I changed out the MPU boards in an effort to get you to pay for it. Publicly.

I appreciate you doing the next right thing.

All of this could've been avoided by telling the truth and being upfront.

#136 3 years ago

What about the other problems with the game. Add me to the list of never doing business with them

#137 3 years ago

<

what about checking boards in pins before you sell them ?

wouldnt that be the proper thing. would save all the grief.

"thoroughly tested, and working 100%" ?

#138 3 years ago

Post removed.

#139 3 years ago

Surprised it hasnt been said yet, But many of us knew Allen, and know that he passed a year ago. So if this Dredd was bought by Ray and Allen, then that means it has been sitting for at least a year. Which could easily be long enough to build up the corrosion.

#140 3 years ago

Does $149.00 for board include shipping? Most likely not.

#141 3 years ago

Well..he did buy a players $3200 JD and had it shipped.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've got a point that it's weird that he just went ahead and bought the board but it seems like there were communication issues. I also buy my MPUs from arcadeshop for $150, so I think that's a fair refund amount to pay for a new board. The "brother" stuff was just a misunderstanding I don't think Dodge understands what's going on there. With the money refunded I guess that closes the book on this one.

#142 3 years ago

Looks like I got here too late and the popcorn's all gone.

#143 3 years ago

What treasurecove should have done was ask for photos with serial numbers visible like I did, and not accuse the buyer outright of trying to pull a bait and switch with the boards.

I would expect a bit more professionalism from a retail seller and high-end restorer, even when (or especially when?) in the midst of a dispute no matter who is wrong or right.

#144 3 years ago

I can see where this could happen when flipping a trade-in as-is, but I'm glad to see that TC stepped up and refunded the cost of the replacement board. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that a JD is worth more than $2K but that's a different thread...

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Is not replacing the board worth seriously damaging the reputation of your company?

The damage is done.

#146 3 years ago

As a business owner myself, this looks to me as a clear case of an off the record type sale by Treasure Cove. The second he made you pay with the "Friends and Family" route on Paypal their should have been huge red flags. It would have been in my mind anyway.

Ray from Treasure Cove pulled a fast one here on an unsuspecting newcomer in the pinball world. Thank you to the OP for posing this so we can all see what kind of a businessman Ray is. Ray would have done nothing for the OP without his posting of this.

Sorry, but Treasure Cove cannot be trusted. The second that Ray accused the buyer of swapping the boards or the corrosion happened in the week the OP had the machine is complete bullshit. All credibility of this company is out the window.

I second the OP , buyer beware of Treasure Cove .

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

As a business owner myself, this looks to me as a clear case of an off the record type sale by Treasure Cove. The second he made you pay with the "Friends and Family" route on Paypal their should have been huge red flags. It would have been in my mind anyway.
Ray from Treasure Cove pulled a fast one here on an unsuspecting newcomer in the pinball world. Thank you to the OP for posing this so we can all see what kind of a businessman Ray is. Ray would have done nothing for the OP without his posting of this.
Sorry, but Treasure Cove cannot be trusted. The second that Ray accused the buyer of swapping the boards or the corrosion happened in the week the OP had the machine is complete bullshit. All credibility of this company is out the window.
I second the OP , buyer beware of Treasure Cove .

Yep, he is bad news.

#148 3 years ago

Thanks for the post Kal. Always useful to get some insight into the customer service practices (good or bad) of vendors in this small community. The company's responses here on Pinside to this issue are kind of shocking given Treasure Cove's name recognition in pinball. But this thread will provide useful information for anyone considering doing business with them, and especially newer players that may not know what questions to ask or how to protect themselves.

#149 3 years ago

And the next time you have a problem with a game or a part, try calling the vendor first before posting negativity on all the forums.

And the next time a customer calls you out on a machine that is not 100% as you said it was, DON'T accuse that customer of swapping parts or making ludicrous claims that corrosion damage, of that extent, happened within a weeks time!

Piss poor on your part!

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

And the next time a customer calls you out on a machine that is not 100% as you said it was, DON'T accuse that customer of swapping parts or making ludicrous claims that corrosion damage, of that extent, happened within a weeks time!
Piss poor on your part!

...or be so defensive.

When companies take a minute and calmly address stuff and admit to possible mistakes or at least immediately pledge to make things right, it does wonders for their public image. Stuff like this happens to other companies, and they earn my respect--and potential new business--by how they handle it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Portland, OR
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside