dead to me (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
mim+-+adj (resized).jpg
Morton (resized).jpg
ship (resized).jpg
drop (resized).jpg
Boom (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 7 years ago

Friends & Family or not, call your credit card company and file a chargback.

The card company does not care if it's Friends & Family, they will simply reverse the charges.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Can you post what you received? Was there a photo of the back of the game? Does that serial number match your game?

IMG_1218 (resized).PNGIMG_1218 (resized).PNG

IMG_1219 (resized).PNGIMG_1219 (resized).PNG

IMG_1220 (resized).PNGIMG_1220 (resized).PNG

IMG_1221 (resized).PNGIMG_1221 (resized).PNG

IMG_1222 (resized).PNGIMG_1222 (resized).PNG

IMG_1223 (resized).PNGIMG_1223 (resized).PNG

#53 7 years ago

To Treasure Cove:

shame (resized).jpgshame (resized).jpg

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You could always report him to paypal as a commercial retailer abusing the 'friends and family' method.
But, that doesn't really solve anything.........
Rob

I won't buy either now, I wonder how much it is costing the seller to hold firm and not stand behind their product and force a customer to go online and share this with the pinball community?

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Upon further inspection the WPU board was severely damaged due to severe battery acid damage.
I had e-mail and texted Ray for a week. With no reply. Last night he finally e mailed me back and now he's lying and basically saying the WPU just got this damage in the week I've had it.
As you can see, he discounted the game $200.00. Not, $800.00 like he's saying and claiming the acid damage happened since last Monday,1-30-17.
I have nothing but respectful and polite throughout this process with him.

Just informed of this post..and I wont let someone like Matt Dodge throw me and my brothers business under the bus with all his lies and made up BS! We don't do business that way!! Matt Dodge claims he has been emailing me for a week?? HA BS..try 1 day! And texts he sent late last night plus an email today, wanting me to reimburse him for an MPU he bought for a game I sold him? Why didn't he contact me first with any kind of problems he had.. or even call or allow me to offer a solution like exchanging the MPU first for one I have here..or allow me to have a tech come over and look at the game, before he takes it on himself to buying a new one?? And I would not have knowing sold it anyway with a corroded board so I don't know what game he is playing..or if that is even the corroded MPU that came from the game? Since Matt has lied to me about all the supposed emails he has sent for over a week I find him to be dishonest. The game needed cosmetic cabinet work and we bought the game from a collector in Cincy as a trade. Allen and I had intentions of restoring the game and selling for $3995 but since he passed I decided to sell it for less a week later, to help pay some of his funeral expenses, which is why the 2 invoices . I discounted the game $200, gave him free $140 prep packing and a polish kit and decals also for free. Yes I tested it and it worked fine, wasn't restored which I explained to him on the phone. He then emailed asking if the Deadworld worked fine which I answered him..yes(read his post). I have since just called the collector I got this from and he verified with me No Way the board was corroded when he sold it to me. I sent outside game pics to show him the cabinet wasn't perfect. Matt Dodge has played the game for a few weeks since getting it from NAVL and now notices MPU corrosion? And here is the last email I sent him...not what he says above.

Matt, sorry you are angry, but I am not going to pay you for a new board you ordered "without contacting us first" before doing so! Normally we would have you send the board back and we would decide to repair or fix it and then send it back to you. The game was tested and did work here ..and for you when you got it from NAVL.  Re: The Discount..$340 (according to you) which is more than enough to pay for a new board anyway.

#56 7 years ago

So can he send the board in for repair or replacement? I would think the discount was agreed on for a working game and the reduced price was not due to a defective board but the price he was willing to pay for a working game with some cosmetic issues?

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from treasurecove:

att, sorry you are angry, but I am not going to pay you for a new board you ordered "without contacting us first" before doing so! Normally we would have you send the board back and we would decide to repair or fix it and then send it back to you.

Typical BS. "Well we would've replaced the board, but now that you came to pinside, we aren't going to."

Doesn't seem very honorable.

You should do your business a courtesy and just replace the man's board or pay him the difference.

#58 7 years ago

Now its getting more interesting

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

So can he send the board in for repair or replacement?

No because he posted on pinside about it.

#60 7 years ago

#61 7 years ago

Here is all the emails sent and you can see the one is from Feb 1 not a week ago??

Sir,

I e-mailed you last week. Battery acid damage like that has clearly been going on for more than a week.

Again, this was not a thoroughly tested and working 100% like you stated. Which is why I paid that amount.

Sent from my iPhone

[Hide Quoted Text]
> On Feb 1, 2017, at 11:19 AM, <[email protected]> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Matt, sorry you are angry, but I am not going to pay you for a new board you ordered "without contacting us first" before doing so! Normally we would have you send the board back and we would decide to repair or fix it and then send it back to you. The game was tested and did work here ..and for you when you got it from NAVL.  Re: The Discount..$340 (according to you) which is more than enough to pay for a new board anyway.
>
> Quoting matt dodge <[email protected]>:
>
>> Sir,
>>
>> Battery acid damage like that doesn't happen in a week. You  discounted the game from $3,400 to $3,200 stated "game was throughly  tested and working 100%".
>>
>> You should make this right.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dodge
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Feb 1, 2017, at 8:12 AM, Ray <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Matt, Sorry for the problem, you played for a while now so I don’t  know what happened. ..but I cant reimburse you for the board. I  discounted the game to you from $3995 to $3200 because my brother  had just passed away. If you remember, I didn’t charge you the $120   "Shipping Prep" we always charge either.
>>>
>>>
>>> -----Original Message----- From: matt dodge
>>> Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2017 12:55 AM
>>> To: Ray
>>> Subject: Re: Judge Dredd
>>>
>>> Sir,
>>>
>>> The game start button doesn't work and memory doesn't save. Upon  further inspection, the MPU has severe battery acid damage. I  texted you a few pics, I'll e-mail some as well. Would you be  willing to reimburse for the MPU?
>>>
>>> I already ordered one as this probably the main culprit.
>>>
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Dodge
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>>> On Jan 31, 2017, at 9:44 PM, Ray <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> OK Matt.. whats up??
>>>> -----Original Message----- From: matt dodge Sent: Tuesday, January  31, 2017 8:39 PM To: Ray Subject: Judge Dredd
>>>> Sir,
>>>> If you could e-mail me or text me I would appreciate it.
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Dodge

#62 7 years ago

I have had problems with TC in the past from a restored game I bought from them and would never do business with them again.

#63 7 years ago

Blah, give the guy a new board he got ripped off on price from the start.

#64 7 years ago

Here is all the emails sent and you can see the one is from Feb 1 not a week ago??

Regardless, that kind of acid battery damage does not happen in a week. Did you not open the backbox up to look at it before you sold it, instead having to rely on the guy YOU bought it from?

#66 7 years ago

Just informed of this post..and I wont let someone like Matt Dodge throw me and my brothers business under the bus with all his lies and made up BS! We don't do business that way!! Matt Dodge claims he has been emailing me for a week?? HA BS..try 1 day! And texts he sent late last night plus an email today, wanting me to reimburse him for an MPU he bought for a game I sold him? Why didn't he contact me first with any kind of problems he had.. or even call or allow me to offer a solution like exchanging the MPU first for one I have here..or allow me to have a tech come over and look at the game, before he takes it on himself to buying a new one?? And I would not have knowing sold it anyway with a corroded board so I don't know what game he is playing..or if that is even the corroded MPU that came from the game? Since Matt has lied to me about all the supposed emails he has sent for over a week I find him to be dishonest. The game needed cosmetic cabinet work and we bought the game from a collector in Cincy as a trade. Allen and I had intentions of restoring the game and selling for $3995 but since he passed I decided to sell it for less a week later, to help pay some of his funeral expenses, which is why the 2 invoices . I discounted the game $200, gave him free $140 prep packing and a polish kit and decals also for free. Yes I tested it and it worked fine, wasn't restored which I explained to him on the phone. He then emailed asking if the Deadworld worked fine which I answered him..yes(read his post). I have since just called the collector I got this from and he verified with me No Way the board was corroded when he sold it to me. I sent outside game pics to show him the cabinet wasn't perfect. Matt Dodge has played the game for a few weeks since getting it from NAVL and now notices MPU corrosion? And here is the last email I sent him...not what he says above.
Matt, sorry you are angry, but I am not going to pay you for a new board you ordered "without contacting us first" before doing so! Normally we would have you send the board back and we would decide to repair or fix it and then send it back to you. The game was tested and did work here ..and for you when you got it from NAVL.  Re: The Discount..$340 (according to you) which is more than enough to pay for a new board anyway.

I probably shouldn't be getting involved in a dispute, but one way I see that could help resolve this:

@treasurecove, Do you have photos of the boards?

@kal_el, can you post a photo of the boards in your backbox as they sit? Can you also post a photo of the serial number sticker on the back of the game or inside the cabinet? And also one of the photos you received from treasure cove with a visible serial number? (not just a screenshot of the thumbnails)

#68 7 years ago

Ray,

Read my own e-mails! You're simply not tell the truth! Now you're saying I've secretly replaced the boards?! If there was an issue with e-mail, ok. But even TODAY you said you wouldn't reimburse me.

I waited and was patient. You also said the game was "thoroughly tested and 100%". It clearly wasn't. With that price, I figured it would be.

Bottom line the board is bad. I asked you to reimburse me and you said no. You also suggested this damage happened in a weeks time. Again read your own responses. I could've easily cancelled the new CPU order and worked something out. Which is what I wanted to do.

I didn't just whine and cry and go directly to pinside. I waited and tried to work it out. YOU said no. YOU said it was100%.

It clearly wasn't!

I am new at this and just enjoy pinball. Didn't want a fight or disagreement. Just wanted what I paid for and for $3,200 I clearly didn't get it!

Again look at your own e-mails!

#69 7 years ago

Just informed of this post..and I wont let someone like Matt Dodge throw me and my brothers business under the bus with all his lies and made up BS! We don't do business that way!!

Seems a little defensive. Just saying.

#70 7 years ago

Don't know who Ray is, but Allen Shope was the main man there and he passed away last year. Allen would have never let that go out the door.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You could always report him to paypal as a commercial retailer abusing the 'friends and family' method.
But, that doesn't really solve anything.........
Rob

I think that is worth doing.
Retailers should not be trying to avoid fees by using "family and friends".
Buyers shouldn't do it either, for that matter.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Don't know who Ray is, but Allen Shope was the main man there and he passed away last year. Allen would have never let that go out the door.

Ray is his brother.

#73 7 years ago

For a Treasure Cove thread this one is horribly light on garage door pics.

#74 7 years ago

. or even call or allow me to offer a solution like exchanging the MPU first for one I have here..

so give him a board for exchange and solve the issue?

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I probably shouldn't be getting involved in a dispute, but one way I see that could help resolve this:
treasurecove, Do you have photos of the boards?
kal_el, can you post a photo of the boards in your backbox as they sit? Can you also post a photo of the serial number sticker on the back of the game or inside the cabinet? And also one of the photos you received from treasure cove with a visible serial number?

I never got one with a visible serial number I don't think but I'll check. Hope the picture I just took is the serial number. If not, tell me where it's at and I'll get it.

I'll try and post the original pictures he sent me.

IMG_1224 (resized).JPGIMG_1224 (resized).JPG

IMG_1225 (resized).JPGIMG_1225 (resized).JPG

IMG_1226 (resized).JPGIMG_1226 (resized).JPG

IMG_1227 (resized).JPGIMG_1227 (resized).JPG

IMG_1228 (resized).JPGIMG_1228 (resized).JPG

IMG_1229 (resized).JPGIMG_1229 (resized).JPG

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

treasurecove, Do you have photos of the boards?
kal_el, can you post a photo of the boards in your backbox as they sit? Can you also post a photo of the serial number sticker on the back of the game or inside the cabinet? And also one of the photos you received from treasure cove with a visible serial number?

He's you're brother?! Soooooo I see how this is going to go.

#77 7 years ago

A serial number sticker can look like this:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

There is usually one on the back of the game, and on the right side inside the cabinet body:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Allen and Ray are brothers. I don't have a stake in the matter.

#79 7 years ago

Yeah that's all I've got. That one inside the backbox. There's aUPC number on the play field? That it?

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

You're loaded for bear and aiming in the wrong direction. Simma down. Forceflow, (and most of everyone in this thread) is in agreement with you.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Yeah that's all I've got. That one inside the backbox. There's aUPC number on the play field? That it?

That sticker forceflow posted should be on the back of the cabinet and on the inside the cabinet on the left wall near the service box.

#82 7 years ago

Thanks. Need that. And sorry moderator dude. But being called a liar with e mails and photos RIGHT HERE got me revved up.

#83 7 years ago

Whoever is right or wrong here, Trasurecove shouldn't be posting responses like this on a public forum. Not a good idea. The right thing to do is post a non-emotional response and contact the customer directly. Take care of the problem. Swallow the cost of the board and move on with business. I personally would now never do business with them because of this. Not replacing this board is costing them 10x more in the long run.

#84 7 years ago

No, what's costing him is desperately and openly not being truthful.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

I never got one with a visible serial number I don't think but I'll check. Hope the picture I just took is the serial number. If not, tell me where it's at and I'll get it.

I can see that the serial number stickers on the MPU, driver board, and sound board all match. It is expensive to swap that many boards, let alone find all with matching serial numbers. The DMD driver board doesn't have a matching serial number (but it's common to see this one swapped out), and I can't see the sticker on the fliptronics board. Granted, someone could play musical chairs with the stickers, but it can sometimes be difficult to remove them without damaging them in some way. I kind of doubt that the MPU was swapped out from somewhere else.

#86 7 years ago

Yeah, not there. Under the play field maybe?

#87 7 years ago

Ok, I'm new. What does that mean?

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can see that the serial number stickers on the MPU, driver board, and sound board all match. It is expensive to swap that many boards, let alone find all with matching serial numbers. The DMD driver board doesn't have a matching serial number (but it's common to see this one swapped out), and I can't see the sticker on the fliptronics board. Granted, someone could play musical chairs with the stickers, but it can sometimes be difficult to remove them without damaging them in some way. I kind of doubt that the MPU was swapped out from somewhere else.

Regardless, Treasure Cove sold this game as 100% working. And it's not. They should make it right and not claim that they would've made it right, but now that the OP posted here they refuse to. I am willing to bet they saw the board damage and purposely did not mention it.

#89 7 years ago

Kal_el posted about this problem a week ago and didn't mention who the seller was hoping they would make things right.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-battery-leaking#post-3575152

If he didn't contact you a week ago then He really really thought this out hard.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I agree. The key is finding the serial number somewhere on the cabinet or backbox. That information will push this case in one direction or another.

#91 7 years ago

Thanks for finding that post! I was looking for it! Couldn't find it! Thanks!

#92 7 years ago

Is not replacing the board worth seriously damaging the reputation of your company?

#93 7 years ago

Why? Should I look under the play field? I'll do whatever I have to to find it.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Why? Should I look under the play field? I'll do whatever I have to to find it.

Yes, look everywhere. Post a picture of it if you find it.

#95 7 years ago

You are good Kal.

The photos you have posted make it blatently obvious there is zero chance you swapped out boards and this is how the game came to you.

Treasure cove needs to make this right and pay for a replacement MPU. There is NO OTHER SOLUTION. I would not accept them repairing the old board. You bought what was supposed to be a 100% game, not a battery damaged MPU or even a repaired battery damage MPU.

Treasure Cove needs to pay for the new MPU and pay for you to ship them the old one.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are good Kal.
The photos you have posted make it blatently obvious there is zero chance you swapped out boards and this is how the game came to you.
Treasure cove needs to make this right and pay for a replacement MPU. There is NO OTHER SOLUTION. I would not accept them repairing the old board. You bought what was supposed to be a 100% game, not a battery damaged MPU or even a repaired battery damage MPU.
Treasure Cove needs to pay for the new MPU and pay for you to ship them the old one.

A picture of the serial number of the game from the cabinet would pretty much shut the door on this....but I am tending to agree. Otherwise, this was a pretty elaborate game played by the OP.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

moderator dude

ForceFlow this is what it needs to say under your name, not pinside moderator

#98 7 years ago

Found it!

IMG_1231 (resized).JPGIMG_1231 (resized).JPG

IMG_1233 (resized).JPGIMG_1233 (resized).JPG

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Third pic down.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are good Kal.

^^This!^^

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware/page/2?hl=mkgoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.