Iraqi-tank-in-flames-nr-Tigris-River.jpg
WOZatTNT.jpg
Bruuuce.jpg
screen-capture-7.png
Unknown.jpeg
HomestarRunner.png
4342756.jpg
pasted_image.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I would have just said make sure you buy from a authorized distributor of JJP to have a warranty. I think calling out TNT was not needed.

Personally, I wasn't overtly aware that they weren't a distributor (but granted, I haven't been actively looking for a distributor to buy from anyway). They've presented various NIB WoZ games on their youtube channel, so that's likely where the confusion could be coming from.

On the other hand, TNT says they include a service plan of some sort with the games they sell.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I was curious what their exact terms were so I clicked "Top 10 Reasons to Buy From Us". Kind of funny.

pasted_image.png

http://www.tntamusements.com/services/

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

It sounds like the proper thing to do is for JJP to refer the customer to the original Distributor that was shipped that Serial Number. That way, the dealer that sold it in the first place (possibly at a deep discount to another dealer) is responsible for the added costs and headaches. Not the retailer. If TNT wants to stand behind and support their sale, than that's up to them regardless of JJP warranty policy.

That reminds me of this whole situation almost sounding like it's a hair away from the WPC days and distributor territories.

The reason for the serial numbers seems strange by today's standards. In 1992, Williams' agreement with its distributors gave them exclusive sales right to a territory. They did not have the right to sell outside of their territory. But some were doing just that. In order to track the game's origin from a distributor into the wild, the blacklight number was added. Williams knew where the game was originally shipped. If the game turned up outside of that territory, it was assumed that the distributor had "Bootlegged" the game outside of his territory. Then it was up to management to decide what penalty to incur on the offender. Remember, this was during a time when it was PROFITABLE to sell and operate pinball machines. This practice would be laughable today because ANY sale of a pinball machine is a good sale.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2684

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 24.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-todd-tuckey-tnt-is-not-an-authorized-jjp-distributor?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.