Iraqi-tank-in-flames-nr-Tigris-River.jpg
WOZatTNT.jpg
Bruuuce.jpg
screen-capture-7.png
Unknown.jpeg
HomestarRunner.png
4342756.jpg
pasted_image.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That is not really what I was trying to say. I was pointing out that we had a huge show, in fact a few huge shows if you include APE and JAX, with not a single JJP game to for perspective customers to play. How the games get here is not important.

It is important if you actually want to be based in reality... instead of just pouting.

It's my understanding that Stern is horse trading with it's distributors to act as Stern's presence at key shows. They are getting games at better discounts specifically so they can be demo games and encourage them to get a full lineup of games. This is helping some of the bigger shows get 'the full stern lineup' rather than just one or two of the most recent titles. This way the distributor isn't having to put up as much lost revenue in opening so many games. Stern gets presence... the distributors get the support financially to make it more viable.

JJP is smaller and with the lower volume of games may not have as much leaway. The hobbit game that was towed around for so long was really the same game in most instances. There aren't dozens of Hobbit prototypes floating around to have at shows. With the WoZ backlog mostly taken care of, we see more WoZ inventory at shows. At the end of the day, JJP needs to lean on its distributors to help with the local presence.

Looks like Jack doesn't have a distributor local in Florida... that's probably a big part of your drought situation.

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Free Play Florida is held in Orlando the same week as the huge IAPPA show for a reason. IAAPA is only two minutes away and runs from Monday through Friday. Free Play Florida runs Friday through Sunday and a lot of people attend both shows.
Friday afternoon as the IAAPA show was wrapping up, Curly loaded up the eight Stern machines at IAAPA and drove the two minutes to Free Play Florida to set them back up. During the same timeframe JJP loaded up their Hobbits and took them home. Repeat: they had The Hobbit two minutes away and did not take them to a large pinball show. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iaapa-2015-the-hobbit-and-game-of-thrones-and-more
I should also note that Heighway Pinball had two machines at Free Play Florida along with fliers and two reps. They are not a very "big" company nor do I know of a distributor around here.

That might be interesting.. if you also knew what JJP had to do during that time as well. Being nearby is only part of your cost and I personally don't know what else they had going on.. so while it makes a nice story, it's not really damning IMO. Unless you were putting the people up for free and feeding them, and ensuring they had stock and materials available for that show.. its still a cost a small company needs to decide if its worth their time.

The York show is practically in Pinstar's backyard, and just hours from the JJP factory.. yet they didn't have a Hobbit this year either.. the prototype had other duties to do.

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Prototype had other duties. Well, after 3 years, maybe you should have more than just protos

a nice jab.. that adds nothing. Kudos

2 weeks later
#305 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Remind me not to get pulled into trivial arguments by Flynnibus when I just try to make simple observation. We've been seven pinball shows in Florida without a JJP machine. Leave it at that.
Sorry to hear Jack had to leave Florida under those conditions. I was not aware that he planned to bring TH to the show.

How many sterns have been debuted there in that time?

Sometimes people forget they just don't live in the right spot for something

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-todd-tuckey-tnt-is-not-an-authorized-jjp-distributor?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.