Iraqi-tank-in-flames-nr-Tigris-River.jpg
WOZatTNT.jpg
Bruuuce.jpg
screen-capture-7.png
Unknown.jpeg
HomestarRunner.png
4342756.jpg
pasted_image.png
There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 8 years ago

I'm thinking that this thread did not have the result desired by the OP (which is no doubt why he went back and deleted his original posts).

I.e., I would never buy a pin (JJP or otherwise) from PinballStar.

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

were you at the bar? Did he offer to push in your stool?

I went to school with two gay guys. Their names were Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick.

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I went to school with two gay guys. Their names were Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick.

It's like they were destined for a 69!

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nice that you don't have to worry about this with Stern - they've never asked who my distributor was when I've needed service.

I feel like Rodney Dangerfield now.

I've had a display and four aux boards that needed to be replaced by Stern and each time they needed to get permission from my distributor. Given the 57 thumbs up on your post, I'm wondering why they are singling me out?

Regardless, I always buy from an authorized distributor.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think I did. One guy's come on line was that it feels just as good going in as coming out.

Quoted from jwo825:

were you at the bar? Did he offer to push in your stool?

You guys are too friggin much.....I'm sitting here LMFAO and nearly choking to death, and not because beelze is hovering over me "faking" being gay. Exit only here......or Exit Stage Left if you're a Rush fan.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You guys are too friggin much.....I'm sitting here LMFAO and nearly choking to death, and not because beelze is hovering over me "faking" being gay. Exit only here......or Exit Stage Left if you're a Rush fan.

Nice try. I'm well endowed (for a ferret, perhaps) but my dick doesn't reach Pennsylvania.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nice try. I'm well endowed (for a ferret, perhaps) but my dick doesn't reach Pennsylvania.

xai5Nju.jpgxai5Nju.jpg

#208 8 years ago

See below comments

#209 8 years ago

See above comments

#210 8 years ago

See comments to the left.

#211 8 years ago

See comments to the right.

#212 8 years ago

then spin your partner around

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I faked being gay one time.

How was it?

#214 8 years ago

You guys in the US make me laugh, at least you have a choice, thanks to the distributor for JJP in my state I will never buy another JJP pin.
Nothing to do with JJP or WOZ, it's because of the distributor.
Shame as I do love my WOZ and would be in on a Hobbit for sure, another reason my last 3 NIB pins are Sterns.
Like it or not Jack, distributors are the face of your company and first point of contact for most buyers, regardless of how much a distributor invests or pays up front, if they have a bad reputation it WILL affect overall sales of your machines.
When you change your distributor here let me know I'll buy the Hobbit.
It's pretty simple guys, if your distributor sucks don't buy from them, if they continually practice bad business methods they wont last.
Wish people in my neck of the woods would work that out then maybe we will get a supplier with the right attitude.........

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

You guys in the US make me laugh, at least you have a choice,

being gay is not a choice! Well I guess just "acting" gay and boning a bunch of dudes is. Cool with me though.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

being gay is not a choice! Well I guess just "acting" gay and boning a bunch of dudes is. Cool with me though

Sorry if anyone took offence to but I was talking about choice of distributors not lifestyle

#217 8 years ago

Would have been nice to be able to read the original posts by the OP. By the time I saw this thread he had replaced them all with see comments below...

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Would have been nice to be able to read the original posts by the OP. By the time I saw this thread he had replaced them all with see comments below...

Check 1st post on page 3

#219 8 years ago

See comments here (pretty much now known as not true):

Buyer beware - Todd Tuckey / TNT Amusements in PA is NOT an Authorized Jersey Jack Pinball distributor and as such, per Jack Guarnieri at JJP, any games an unauthorized distributor may acquire and sell DO NOT HAVE A FACTORY WARRANTY. We lost a sale to a customer who got duped this weekend and now has a $ 9,000 toy in their possession with no warranty because that was not disclosed to them nor the fact that they were buying from an unauthorized source. Makes for a bad buying situation for a customer and makes JJP look bad unnecessarily. Similar to buying a new Mercedes at a used car lot. Unfortunately at the holidays there are a lot of newbies to the hobby who do not go to shows, aren't on JJP group, RGP, or Pinside to know enough and there are those out there who will take advantage of them.

Authorized distributors drag games to shows for you to play, have a direct connection with parts and service, know how to service your games, and do many things for the pinball community - sponsor and provide prizes tournaments, charity events, local parties, set up at shows supporting the attendees AND the shows themselves so they can survive, etc... Don't reward those with no skin in the game who are just looking to flip a game or two to make a quick buck and disappear... Do your research on who you are buying from and learn about their reputation before buying.

Below is email Jack has provided me to send to any customers who get caught up in this and a list of authorized distributors.

Joe Newhart

PinballSTAR Amusements

Authorized JJP distributor

[email protected]

Quoted from DaveH:

See below comments

#220 8 years ago

I'm still not sure I understand Jack's comment. He says he will support all games ( just telephone help ? ) Is there only a full warranty on games bought from an authorized JJP distributor ?

#221 8 years ago

How is this thread not in the basement yet?

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

How is this thread not in the basement yet?

It is still valid for 30 days !

#223 8 years ago

I will buy hobbit form pinball star if he can guarantee delivery before 2016.

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I will buy hobbit form pinball star if he can guarantee delivery before 2016.

Go steal the one in MN!

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

I'm still not sure I understand Jack's comment. He says he will support all games ( just telephone help ? ) Is there only a full warranty on games bought from an authorized JJP distributor ?

Jack can say anything, and someone will always misunderstand intentionally. It sounded clear to me.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Go steal the one in MN!

excuse me lord......I am the one that steals the games and drives north of the border. It's magic! poof gone

#227 8 years ago

Usually I just read and not post, but I need to comment. If you look at TNT's video number 1068, everything said would be instantly squashed. First you see automated service delivery guy which is pinballs.com, an AUTHORISED DEALER. Second, the Autobot in the video, it's mine. It didn't come with the update kit, contacted stern, they asked where I got it, told them TNT. Guess what, got the update kit in less than a week with no problems. Stern didn't say to me TNT is not an authorized dealer, no kit for me.
To me it seems Pinball Star is upset a competitor is doing better than them, and is upset and trying to take it out on TNT. If JJP had a problem with TNT selling their games, don't you think they would of talked to Todd.
So to me, out of the 3 likely scenarios, TNT is wrong, JJP wont support games and piss away customers of games unless they get it from certain places or PinballStar is trying to knock out compitition the wrong way. Now I am a little biased in this, highly doubt it's option 1 or 2. In a year, when I'm ready for a WOZ, I'll take my chances with TNT. Just my opinion, but if there is a problem, TNT will fix it. Always did for me. Twice

#228 8 years ago

I love that tnt 's newest video tonight has a woz lol . For some reason there are a few places in pa that sell pins that just dont care for tnt . My guess is because they sell so much stuff ? He does at least a video a week usually more and there is always something new in his shop getting refurbished to go out . I love todd and everything he and tnt do and stand for and part of the reason im in the hobby is bc of his videos. Me and the lady are even in quite a few from Allentown and york .

#229 8 years ago

Funny thing is that pinballstar says TnT has no skin in the game because they don't take games to the shows. JJP should bring more games to the shows not the distributors.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Funny thing is that pinballstar says TnT has no skin in the game because they don't take games to the shows. JJP should bring more games to the shows not the distributors.

He can correct me if Im wrong but Kingpin made an extended trip down to Chicago land to grab TH to have at MGC this past year....added an extra ~4 hours~ to his day so people could play it. He is one distributor Id never hesitate to buy from.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He can correct me if Im wrong but Kingpin made an extended trip down to Chicago land to grab TH to have at MGC this past year....added an extra ~4 hours~ to his day so people could play it. He is one distributor Id never hesitate to buy from.

Total love and respect for the distributors that bring the games. But JJP presence at shows is horrible. I have been to Texas pinball festival the last few years. Stern had a first class set up with lots of machines and overhead video. While jack has one game set up

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Total love and respect for the distributors that bring the games. But JJP presence at shows is horrible. I have been to Texas pinball festival the last few years. Stern had a first class set up with lots of machines and overhead video. While jack has one game set up

Shortage of cash maybe? Or just nothing much to put into a booth? Would be tough to drag those Hobbit prototypes around the country but even the Dutch guys were able to do that with Lebowski.

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

While jack has one game set up

JJP had a Hobbit and 75th Anniversary WOZ this year.

LTG : )

#234 8 years ago

@Srmonte, do you remember how many games and different titles Stern had at TPF?

#235 8 years ago

Ya I think there were like 4 WNBJM. 2 LE TWD, and like 2 pro TWD, 4 wrestle mania and I think others. I might be off a bit, but there were a lot of machines.

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Jack can say anything, and someone will always misunderstand intentionally. It sounded clear to me.

make it clear then

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Not gonna go into a huge speech but JJP has released one pin so far and they do get out to a ton of shows. When they get established and financially stable I'm pretty sure they will increase their exposure and game numbers. It's just kinda how business goes. Stern is an incredible business machine and have the wearwithal to have a little more presence.

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

make it clear then

Quoted from JerseyJack:

We support every JJP game sold by whoever or however it was sold.

Hmmmm, clarity? How is that not clear. What are you reading that is unclear? You are trying to stir up stuff.

Jack talks in shorter sentences here now because some people dissect every word he says. They take a snow plow to every statement to see if they can chip it apart. Here, I can even show you...

Quoted from JerseyJack:

Who is "We"? What is every JJP game? When you say sold, what do you mean, sold to who? The distributor? What if it was sold for sexual favors? Every prototype game? What constitutes a "game"? Why can't I have redemption software I didn't pay for that wasn't promised as part of my machine? When you say JJP game, do you just mean the WOZ sold by Pinball Sales?

As you can see, it can go on and on. However, what Jack said was:

Quoted from JerseyJack:

So please, if you have a SINGLE instance of that not being the case, please bring them forward. I'm sure the entire world would want to meet this unicorn because I think the trolls would have their megaphones out screaming it if that person existed. That's right, Jack has not turned away ANYBODY for support of any game he has built that I'm aware of. In fact, their support is pretty top notch. But let's confuse the issue with facts. What has not received support?

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hmmmm, clarity? How is that not clear. What are you reading that is unclear? You are trying to stir up stuff.
Jack talks in shorter sentences here now because some people dissect every word he says. They take a snow plow to every statement to see if they can chip it apart. Here, I can even show you...

Who is "We"? What is every JJP game? When you say sold, what do you mean, sold to who? The distributor? What if it was sold for sexual favors? Every prototype game? What constitutes a "game"? Why can't I have redemption software I didn't pay for that wasn't promised as part of my machine? When you say JJP game, do you just mean the WOZ sold by Pinball Sales?
As you can see, it can go on and on. However, what Jack said was:

So please, if you have a SINGLE instance of that not being the case, please bring them forward. I'm sure the entire world would want to meet this unicorn because I think the trolls would have their megaphones out screaming it if that person existed. That's right, Jack has not turned away ANYBODY for support of any game he has built that I'm aware of. In fact, their support is pretty top notch. But let's confuse the issue with facts. What has not received support?

What does term "support" consist of is the question some want clarity on. Why isn't that clear?

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

What does term "support" consist of is the question some want clarity on. Why isn't that clear?

It means all owners of JJP games are being treated equally. There are Pinsiders that are second owners that have attested to this fact on this site.

#241 8 years ago

Having the OP changes all his original writings tells me the following about his action..Screenshot_2015-12-02-12-21-08-1.pngScreenshot_2015-12-02-12-21-08-1.png

#242 8 years ago

So does this that the guy from omaha who was selling WOZ's can offer the same guarantee?

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

So does this that the guy from omaha who was selling WOZ's can offer the same guarantee?

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

JJP should bring more games to the shows not the distributors.

Quoted from srmonte:

Stern had a first class set up with lots of machines and overhead video.

I think you mean Marco. But don't let facts get in the way of a great troll.

#245 8 years ago

Sometimes the idiocy reaches astounding levels.

So what's the benefit again of being an "authorized distributor" from JJP?

I bought my original Woz from Jack 5 yrs ago.

I'll buy JJP#3 Lawlor from Joe because I recognize the sacrifices and BS these guys have to put up with.

At what point will there be no network of JJP distributors?

When and if there comes a time Jack doesn't need the 6 figure sale to the middle man? Maybe so. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

#246 8 years ago

All this because of ONE nib being sold at tnt?

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

No, all this because Joe DIDN'T sell that NIB. I'm sure Todd sells NIB games all the time with no impact on anyone else.

#248 8 years ago

Careful of the play on words "support" and "warranty".

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

My interpretation is that JJP is only legally bound to provide warranty service to games sold through his authorized distributors. This gives added value to his authorized distributors for those buyers who are concerned that warranty service will not be provided unless the manufacturer is legally required to. Stern has a similar official policy.

STERN PINBALL INC. SELLER WARRANTS ONLY TO THE INITIAL PURCHASER OF ITS
PRODUCTS THAT THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW ARE FREE FROM DEFECTS IN MATERIAL
AND WORKMANSHIP UNDER NORMAL USE AND SERVICE FOR THE WARRANTY PERIOD
SPECIFIED....

In practice, we know that both JJP and Stern choose to go above and beyond their official warranty policies to provide excellent service to whoever owns their games.

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't think that is accurate at all.

Quoted from DaveH:

No, all this because Joe DIDN'T sell that NIB. I'm sure Todd sells NIB games all the time with no impact on anyone else.

I don't think that's the case either. It's the culmination of a bunch of crap I'm sure. Todd or TNT isn't the problem, looks like maybe Jack isn't consistently fair to his distributors. That's just my take on what I've read here and in other threads.

I can understand being frustrated if you have shelled out 6 figures for "inventory" and supported JJP pinball in many ways. Who knows.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 24.50
There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-todd-tuckey-tnt-is-not-an-authorized-jjp-distributor/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.