Iraqi-tank-in-flames-nr-Tigris-River.jpg
WOZatTNT.jpg
Bruuuce.jpg
screen-capture-7.png
Unknown.jpeg
HomestarRunner.png
4342756.jpg
pasted_image.png
There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 8 years ago

And the moral of the story is "don't bitch".

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In a JJP thread? - preposterous!

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

On ALL the brand new games we have sold, I have had only a few silly problems we have solved either over the phone with the customer or with a brief service call. We are not walking on water, but out of ALL those 13,000 customers, we have had only perhaps 50 customers who cannot be happy, no matter WHAT you do. ANYONE involved in retail knows these types of people are out there and cannot be satisfied.

All 50 whiners come from Pinside?

Stuckey has a grey heart! OMG

Please do not mention yourself on this site sir, it can be construed as advertising and a violation of the rules

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Especially on Pinside. No bitching, whining or crying allowed. Besides, it night time now and day care has already let out.

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Please do not mention yourself on this site sir, it can be construed as advertising and a violation of the rules

He could always hide it in the bargains and giveaways section.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-nib-woz-hobbit-mmr-black-friday-discounts

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Read the thread dude, he's tired of bending over, grabbing his ankles to sell and support JJP, while somebody else floats in and sells one "unauthorized" NIB pin. An overreaction? Probably.
In the pinball world, its a bigger deal because of all the shit the distros have to put up with. Joe has dumped out 6 figures to buy inventory as required by an "authorized" dealer.
If you buy a watch from an "unauthorized" dealer its a different story. He's likely buying excess inventory from an "authorized" dealer.
In any event, the FLIPPER profit is/should be gone from pinball anyhow.
Have a beer and F ing LET IT GO

Hah.. you and I see different sides of the coin but i'm the one that has to let it go eh? Grabbing his ankles? drama much?

#157 8 years ago

Joe,

I will not say anything bad about what happened here because we all say things that we maybe sometimes shouldn't. Myself included many times over on many subjects.

The charitable things you have done, and continue to do for Children's Hospitals and medical research for the issues you have written about in the past are to be commended. I'm certain there are likely personal donations above and beyond what you have made public. Charitable donations are a very personal thing. The public stuff you have done, using new game sales profits to help children as they fight horrible medical issues is amazing.

I also know you would not jeopardize providing for your family, especially where perhaps any benefit you get out of your pinball business may help with your son who has special needs. I realize pinball is not your primary income source.

There are several enraged posters here. I admit I was upset at first but have since calmed down. I can't make others change their thoughts, but I urge those upset with you to read post #10 in this thread:
< https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-friend-mike-doc-doom-has-passed#post-2616486 > This may help them realize that you are a parent who has had to endure more that most of us parents has had to in raising our children.

I know Todd is a parent as well and has endured over 35 years in the amusement game home sales business which is one helluva feat in itself. I am amazed what a sense of humor he still has as well as the ability to smile, crack jokes and be an all-around good guy and smart-ass that he is in person as well as in his videos.

Hat's off to both of you and I sure hope the two of you break bread in the future.

Bruce

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Our almost 1100 YouTube videos show the thorough job we do.

And I for one thank you for them. Who else is hardcore enough to be putting up pinball videos on Youtube that they had to rip from VHS?

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Folks, I have been in business since 1979 have sold games into the home marketplace from 1984 till the present. I have sold almost 29,000 machines since 1984 to well over 13,000 people. I have sold over 500 brand new pinball machines over the years. And, I have donated some 400 machines over the years as well. SIncerely yours, Todd N. Tuckey

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....BFD.

What I really care about is how many games you've tossed off the roof.

I love those videos, but I wish you could move to the Empire State or Sears Tower building.

Thanks for being a good guy for pinball over the years.

#160 8 years ago

When no one else had the balls, Todd put up an instructional video for Raven. For that, I commend you, good sir!

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

There are several enraged posters here.

Not me. I'm still just hanging around waiting for the punchline.

Bruuuce.jpgBruuuce.jpg

#162 8 years ago

Come on ladies, un bunch your panties, you know, the two day old skid markers you forgot to change out, and hug it out.

Just coming off of thanksgiving, and we all have a lot to be thankful for and going into the xmas season. I for one am thankful that some of my family finally left yesterday. Love em though.

Anybody that throws a pinball machine off the roof is cool in my book.

Joe's great too. So let's raise a glass to pinball and all the stupid shit people say and do, I'm guilty! Here here

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Come on ladies, un bunch your panties, you know, the two day old skid markers you forgot to change out, and hug it out.
Just coming off of thanksgiving, and we all have a lot to be thankful for and going into the xmas season. I for one am thankful that some of my family finally left yesterday. Love em though.
Anybody that throws a pinball machine off the roof is cool in my book.
Joe's great too. So let's raise a glass to pinball and all the stupid shit people say and do! Here here

I'll raise a glass with you when I meet you at TPF. And don't think it's not one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to.

(Labnip already thinks I'm gay.)

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

(Labnip already thinks I'm gay.)

Well he is from Austin Yes sir brother, looking forward to it!

#166 8 years ago

Btw, how much does Stern, JJP, Heighway, Spooky, etc. pay under the current Pinside pay system?

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, how much does Stern, JJP, Heighway, Spooky, etc. pay under the current Pinside pay system?

Nothing. And thank God. Without them, no pinball. I feel the same way about distributors, and don't mind them getting a free pass. They're the ones that feed our habit. I'm not a big fan of the Pinside fee for private sales, either, but I understand it...and figure people can just work the paltry $35 or whatever into their asking price.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nothing. And thank God. Without them, no pinball. I feel the same way about distributors, and don't mind them getting a free pass. They're the ones that feed our habit. I'm not a big fan of the Pinside fee for private sales, either, but I understand it...and figure people can just work the paltry $35 or whatever into their asking price.

Stop it, common sense isn't allowed here. I don't mind Trent or JJ or Cointaker or Back Alley or Mezelmods or Pinball Refinery or the countless others that benefit from this site that deserve it for the sake of pinball, that's Robin's problem to figure out.

#169 8 years ago

thread should go to basement

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

thread should go to basement

The basement is for whiskey, cigars and bawdy humor - not bickering.

#171 8 years ago

All the members that should be placed on the ignore list commenting in one thread. How convenient! Thanks for letting me know who you are so I could complete mine.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Hauntflies:

All the members that should be placed on the ignore list commenting in one thread. How convenient! Thanks for letting me know who you are so I could complete mine.

You put yourself on ignore?

#173 8 years ago

Like I said...thanks.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not me. I'm still just hanging around waiting for the punchline.
Bruuuce.jpg

A common mondegreen in the song is the perception that, following the title line, Lynne shouts "Bruce!". According to the liner notes of the ELO compilation Flashback, he is saying a made-up lyric, "Grroosss," which some have suggested sounds like the southern German expression "Grüß Gott." After the song's release, so many people had misinterpreted the word as "Bruce" that Lynne actually began to sing the word as "Bruce" for fun at live shows.

EDIT: Here is a lyrics vid on YouTube - check out at 55 seconds.

What is funny is the comments are about what I am sayin' and better yet check out the uploader name LOFL!

SECOND EDIT: Sorry...guess I've been smokin' too much lately. Squirrel!!!

#175 8 years ago

i just hope tnt didnt put their stupid sticker on the apron.

#176 8 years ago

It is probably all been said, joe and todd are doing the pinball community a great service.. Joe is throwing six figures in pinball inventory and go to many shows , supporting jjp games, todd is making a lot of pinballfriends happy incl myself by making lots and lots of pinvids! I love his videos

This is again all about the money.. And they are both within the PA state, so they are an close competitor to eachother i get it..

Trying to Throw Todd Tuckey of TNT amusements under the bus is really unnecessary with joe his statement, it is looking like slander by trying to make somebody else their business to look bad, todd has been in the business since i was born 36 years ago. He maded Game tutorials on vhs tape around the time i plunged my first ball into play in the 80's.

And in the end, it didnt appeared to be true at all too about the warranty! As jack came in into this topic and rectified that part.

So this is what it look like now to me

TNT +1
Pinballstar -1

I think bad emotions got joe down clearly in his post, making some excuses to todd seems appropiate here.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

A common mondegreen in the song is the perception that, following the title line, Lynne shouts "Bruce!". According to the liner notes of the ELO compilation Flashback, he is saying a made-up lyric, "Grroosss," which some have suggested sounds like the southern German expression "Grüß Gott." After the song's release, so many people had misinterpreted the word as "Bruce" that Lynne actually began to sing the word as "Bruce" for fun at live shows.
EDIT: Here is a lyrics vid on YouTube - check out at 55 seconds.
» YouTube video
What is funny is the comments are about what I am sayin' and better yet check out the uploader name LOFL!
SECOND EDIT: Sorry...guess I've been smokin' too much lately. Squirrel!!!

This has been discussed before on pinside. We are indeed aware that the word "Bruuuuuce" is not part of the song.. However, never let the facts, get in the way of a good story.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

i just hope tnt didnt put their stupid sticker on the apron.

With the thousand dollars saved, purchasing an adhesive remover just became a lot easier.

#179 8 years ago

Could this be the WOZ this thread is about?

Fast forward to 1:38

WOZatTNT.jpgWOZatTNT.jpg

#180 8 years ago

I will make sure my next game comes from TNT!

#181 8 years ago

THE PROBLEM WITH JOE IS HE WANTS TO SELL TO ALL AREAS OF THE COUNTRY INCLUDING HAWAII.

ONCE HE SHIPS THE GAME HE DOES NOTHING BUT PHONE SUPPORT. THAT NOT WHAT PEOPLE WANT TODAY. THEY WANT TO BUY FROM A LOCAL DISTRIBUTOR THAT CAN SERVICE THE GAME AND DO MAINTENANCE AND SUCH. TODD DOES A GOOD JOB AND IS MORE THEN JUST A GUY TRYING TO PUSH GAMES. JOE CAN ONLY SERVICE THE WESTERN PA AND OHIO AREAS NOT HAWAII!!!!

I BUY FROM MY LOCAL GUY TO HELP SUPPORT THE LOCALS !!!! AND HE IN TURNS SUPPORTS HIS CUSTOMERS

I PLAYED THE MACHINE IN HAWAII AND IT NEEDED ADJUSTMENTS BECAUSE THE GUY HAD NO IDEA HOW THINGS WORKED WITH WOZ

HE IS GOOD NOW BUT AGAIN SOMEONE LOCAL HAD TO HELP AND JOE GOT THE MONEY !!!

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

THE PROBLEM WITH JOE IS HE WANTS TO SELL TO ALL AREAS OF THE COUNTRY INCLUDING HAWAII.
ONCE HE SHIPS THE GAME HE DOES NOTHING BUT PHONE SUPPORT. THAT NOT WHAT PEOPLE WANT TODAY. THE WANT TO BUY FROM A LOCAL DISTRIBUTOR THAT CAN SERVICE THE GAME AND DO MAINTENANCE AND SUCH. TODD DOES A GOOD JOB AND IS MORE THEN JUST A GUY TRYING TO PUSH GAMES. JOE CAN ONLY SERVICE THE WESTERN PA AND OHIO AREAS NOT HAWAII!!!!
I BUY FROM MY LOCAL GUY TO HELP SUPPORT THE LOCALS !!!! AND HE IN TURNS SUPPORTS HIS CUSTOMERS

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME???

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

ONCE HE SHIPS THE GAME HE DOES NOTHING BUT PHONE SUPPORT. THAT NOT WHAT PEOPLE WANT TODAY. THE WANT TO BUY FROM A LOCAL DISTRIBUTOR THAT CAN SERVICE THE GAME AND DO MAINTENANCE AND SUCH. TODD DOES A GOOD JOB AND IS MORE THEN JUST A GUY TRYING TO PUSH GAMES. JOE CAN ONLY SERVICE THE WESTERN PA AND OHIO AREAS NOT HAWAII!!!!

Logic fail - Joe and Todd are both local. Also, CapsLock fail.

#184 8 years ago

SORRY THE BUTTON IS STUCK

#185 8 years ago

Todds also been around long before pinball star and I have a feeling will be around long after. He has the drive, determination and just love for all coin up stuff. Plus he knows how to make videos which get him lots of views. Love the pinball explanation videos.

#186 8 years ago

Fixed It

Todd is business in located in eastern pa

Joe's is in western Pa

#187 8 years ago

Todd is a good guy and I buy from him

#188 8 years ago

Again Support the local guy when possible. Thats my theory

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

Thanks for the

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

A common mondegreen

This is why I keep coming back to Pinside -- learning new words is never a bad thing! The Wikipedia entry on "mondegreen" was interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen

But history and original intent be damned, it will always be "Bruce" to me!

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

From afar Todd and Joe both seem to be very decent guys. But, apparently Joe has a bit of a short fuse? Perhaps now that we have Todd's two cents on the matter we can close this thread (my two cents)!?

It's like watching mom and dad fight (or Jesus and Santa for South Park fans. WWBBD?)

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Who cares about the warranty? All I ever hear is "they are built like a tank".

But what KIND of tank?

Iraqi-tank-in-flames-nr-Tigris-River.jpgIraqi-tank-in-flames-nr-Tigris-River.jpg

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

PLUS.... all those damn pesky keyboard manufacturers aren't local! How will you get this fixed!?!?!?!?!?!!?

lord.... pinball is NOT the right hobby for you if a stuck keyboard has got you stumped!

#194 8 years ago

Reselling wouldnt be an issue with any other machine. Since WOZ is known to have issues especially with the light boards it has pretty much backfired in everyone's face.

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This is why I keep coming back to Pinside -- learning new words is never a bad thing! The Wikipedia entry on "mondegreen" was interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen
But history and original intent be damned, it will always be "Bruce" to me!

I also learned about near-homophony from the Wikipedia entry.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I also learned about near-homophony from the Wikipedia entry.

I faked being gay one time.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I faked being gay one time.

I'll bet you didn't fool any gay people.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I'll bet you didn't fool any gay people.

I think I did. One guy's come on line was that it feels just as good going in as coming out.

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think I did. One guy's come on line was that it feels just as good going in as coming out.

were you at the bar? Did he offer to push in your stool?

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

were you at the bar? Did he offer to push in your stool?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-todd-tuckey-tnt-is-not-an-authorized-jjp-distributor/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.