Topic Stats

• 308 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpeg
S6YBOks.gif
thumbs-down.jpg
giant_eye_roll.jpg
morpheus.jpg
Screenshot_2015-12-02-12-21-08-1.png
xai5Nju.jpg
Iraqi-tank-in-flames-nr-Tigris-River.jpg
WOZatTNT.jpg
Bruuuce.jpg
screen-capture-7.png
Unknown.jpeg
HomestarRunner.png
4342756.jpg
pasted_image.png

There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 3 years ago

Jack you are one sad m.f. hows the hobbit doing .????

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from jrush2112:

Jack you are one sad m.f. hows the hobbit doing .????

C'mon, do we really need this???

#53 3 years ago

That pretty much sums it up. Nothing else to see here.

#54 3 years ago

Sadly, mentioning Todd in the way the OP does it is not in line with the courteous heads-up I think PBStar is stating. How could this have been handled without sounding like a condemnation of TNT? Simply just a notice to customers that there were a set of authorized distributors, here's the list, caveat emptor. It does come off sounding rather protectionist and uncalled for. Of course if a warranty on a product only follows that product from an authorized seller, then it sounds like the manufacturer isn't even comfortable enough to warrant their work as the distributor should have no impact on the product.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

It sounds like the proper thing to do is for JJP to refer the customer to the original Distributor that was shipped that Serial Number. That way, the dealer that sold it in the first place (possibly at a deep discount to another dealer) is responsible for the added costs and headaches. Not the retailer. If TNT wants to stand behind and support their sale, than that's up to them regardless of JJP warranty policy.

That reminds me of this whole situation almost sounding like it's a hair away from the WPC days and distributor territories.

The reason for the serial numbers seems strange by today's standards. In 1992, Williams' agreement with its distributors gave them exclusive sales right to a territory. They did not have the right to sell outside of their territory. But some were doing just that. In order to track the game's origin from a distributor into the wild, the blacklight number was added. Williams knew where the game was originally shipped. If the game turned up outside of that territory, it was assumed that the distributor had "Bootlegged" the game outside of his territory. Then it was up to management to decide what penalty to incur on the offender. Remember, this was during a time when it was PROFITABLE to sell and operate pinball machines. This practice would be laughable today because ANY sale of a pinball machine is a good sale.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2684

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I'm sure the "official" policy from JJP and Stern is that only games sold through authorized distributors are warrantied. The "unofficial" policy from both JJP and Stern seems to be that the games have a full warranty regardless of where they are purchased. I haven't heard a single story about JJP or Stern not honoring a warranty because the game was bought from an unauthorized distributor.

I think you're right.

Also, you can't buy WOZ from an authorized dealer at $8,499? That is crazy.

#57 3 years ago

I think more information is warranted.

Todd Tuckey and TNT have been around forever, and Todd is a trustworthy trading partner.

You lost out on a sale - I can appreciate being disappointed on that front.

I think a more newsworthy item is the fact that JJPs warranty isn't transferrable. I didn't know that.

#58 3 years ago

I think PinballSTAR should hire this guy as a mascot. I totally think of HSR when I see "PinballSTAR".

HomestarRunner.png

#59 3 years ago

thanks for the heads up Joe. i would never buy a machine from tnt anyway, even with as many people saying they have had good dealings with them - have heard plenty of people saying the opposite.

#60 3 years ago

As someone who recently got into the pinball scene, I def thought TNT was an authorized dealer. Although I still think Todd is awesome and is helpful, this is good information to know.

#61 3 years ago

So if you are not covered under warranty they won't send you out those decals to cover the paint peeling off the playfield?

#62 3 years ago

This thread is epic. Thanks everyone!

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So if you are not covered under warranty they won't send you out those decals to cover the paint peeling off the playfield?

TNT warranty (on the web site):
"The first 30 days, all parts and PCB’s are covered in the machine."

JJP warranty (on web site):
"every part in your new Jersey Jack pinball machine for a period of 30 days from the date of delivery"
then there's the rest of the limited warranty (does not cover labor or service calls) for some of the parts for 1 year that you can read online.

...not even sure if a decal is considered a part by either.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

When someone is portraying themselves as something they are not and buyers are not aware, yes, it's necessary to fix the problem. Do you want to buy a $ 9,000 game with NO WARRANTY ? Didn't think so.

I would not go saying that items were misrepresented by TNT without WRITTEN proof.

The REAL issue here is with JJP's policy, in my humble opinion. I don't want anything to do with a company that only stands behind their product for the first owner. Stern has this policy as well... HOWEVER, they don't seem to really enforce it, until a game is out of production. Seems more like a legality that is written in to protect the company. They overlook this more often than not and support the owner of the machine, no matter where it was purchased.

If JJP is not following a similar protocol, that's their bad, not the re-seller, distributor, or collector. I am not aware of any such circumstance.

It's unrealistic to think that a ton WOZs will not change hands by owners that simply don't think the game is worth what they paid. Immediately, the resale value is less, because there is no warranty... That's certainly the prerogative of the manufacturer. But it doesn't mean that you have to like it.

From my experience if you contact JJP, they are quick to resolve any issues with any WOZ, irregardless of who/where it was purchased.

#65 3 years ago

We support every JJP game sold by whoever or however it was sold.

We suggest you buy from a JJP Factory Authorized Distributor listed on the JJP website.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

There is no Warranty unless the game is purchased from a JJP Authorized Distributor

Quoted from JerseyJack:

Thanks for clearing that up.

#67 3 years ago

The OP is implying that Todd lied to a customer which without period is potentially defamatory and libelous.

I would like to hear the other side of this as would many I'm sure.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

We suggest you buy from a JJP Factory Authorized Distributor listed on the JJP website.

Although this is good to hear, it shows that the OP, an authorized JJP distributor, either is lying to us (those that he hopes to sell to) by trying a scare tactic to say that there is no warranty. Or that there is a communication issue between JJP and its distributors. Neither of which is a good thing.

I know that from the crying that Joe started here, that PinballSTAR is not a distributor that i will use. If your afraid of some competition, then maybe retail is not the path PinballSTAR should use.

To me, the right thing to have done would to be work out a deal with Todd that any JJP games he sells is tied to you, He gets to make a few bucks, and Joe would to. But after your crying, you might have burnt that bridge.

Lesson Learned. PinballStar should fully understand its product line before claiming false things on a public forum. Oopening mouth early can cost you future sales like mine

This is from someone that has bought multiples of each JJP game from a authorized distributor

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Although this is good to hear, it shows that the OP, an authorized JJP distributor, either is lying to us (those that he hopes to sell to) by trying a scare tactic to say that there is no warranty. Or that there is a communication issue between JJP and its distributors. Neither of which is a good thing.
I know that from the crying that Joe started here, that PinballSTAR is not a distributor that i will use. If your afraid of some competition, then maybe retail is not the path PinballSTAR should use.
To me, the right thing to have done would to be work out a deal with Todd that any JJP games he sells is tied to you, He gets to make a few bucks, and Joe would to. But after your crying, you might have burnt that bridge.
Lesson Learned. PinballStar should fully understand its product line before claiming false things on a public forum. Oopening mouth early can cost you future sales like mine
This is from someone that has bought multiples of each JJP game from a authorized distributor

Well said.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Sounds like both statements could be true. "SUPPORT" does not equal "WARRANTY"

#71 3 years ago

Here's the deal folks - you have an authorized distributor like me and all the others (Stern, JJP, and Planetary) who carry inventory, go to shows and can service your games. JJP clarified they will warranty and support any games sold - and that's good - the issue is if the person you bought it from if not authorized can not. That was the point.

When the authorized distributors are out of business and not at shows bringing games for you to play and you have shows suffering when vendors aren't buying spaces - complain then and buy from the back alley guys. There's reasons there are authorized distributors and there are reasons others are turned away. Figure it out.

I for one am sick of seeing newbies to the hobby taken advantage of. Sorry I spoke up. Carry on.

#72 3 years ago

Truth is if you are using this forum to sell games, distributer or not, all threads must be linked to a marketplace ad and fees paid to pinside.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Here's the deal folks - you have an authorized distributor like me and all the others (Stern, JJP, and Planetary) who carry inventory, go to shows and can service your games. JJP clarified they will warranty and support any games sold - and that's good - the issue is the person you bought it from if not authorized can not. That was the point.
When the authorized distributors are out of business and not at shows bringing games for you to play and you have shows suffering when vendors aren't buying spaces - complain then and buy from the back alley guys. There's reasons there are authorized distributors and there are reasons others are turned away. Figure it out.
I for one am sick of seeing newbies to the hobby taken advantage of. Sorry I spoke up. Carry on.

While I respect your point, that is unfortunately not what you stated.

Secondly, if TNT, or anyone else has a NIB but isn't an authorized reseller, how'd they get the machine? Wouldn't that mean some authorized distributor somewhere sold it to them and made money? What does the distro care after that? You have a straw argument at best.

#74 3 years ago

I think what JJP said is pretty clear. You have a business to run, and you are an authorized distributor, but to cast aspersions on someone who by most accounts here runs an honest business sounds like sour grapes to me.

#75 3 years ago

I really don't understand your beef pinball star? The game obviously came at some point from a distributor, even if TNT sold it brand new SOME distributor somewhere got the original sale. So maybe that wasn't you, big deal. You didn't lose a sale, you were beaten for one. Why actively go after another person in the industry like this?

Tnt has just as much right to sell what he owns and put food on the table as anyone else, pretty sure he's not perfected the art of cloning pinball machines or magically stealing them from the distributor network. very few game room stores are factory distributors of stern or jjp, yet they have them for sale for their customers.

#76 3 years ago

Yeah I dont get it.. All the games come from authorized distributors to start from right? So if some guy is reselling them.. The authorized distributor already made his cut. You'd think there wouldn't be much margin left after that.. If there is, more power to him I guess?

#77 3 years ago

I wonder how current those distributor lists are, Stern only lists one in California for example... They only list 3 dealers in California...

http://www.sternpinball.com/buy

Or am I looking in the wrong spot?

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Here's the deal folks - you have an authorized distributor like me and all the others (Stern, JJP, and Planetary) who carry inventory, go to shows and can service your games. JJP clarified they will warranty and support any games sold - and that's good - the issue is the person you bought it from if not authorized can not. That was the point.

its a shame that the authorized distributors dont get more for all their effort. always great to talk to you at the shows Joe. your effort is greatly appreciated from me. without your and other distributors efforts at shows, alot of people might not get to see these games.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I for one am sick of seeing newbies to the hobby taken advantage of.

I don't think you will find anyone who WANTS to see newbies to be taken advantage of on this forum, so your point of view is far from unique.

-

So TNT sold the game for less than you wanted to sell it for. No big deal.

Salesmanship 101:

Next time, tell your potential customer "Call me with your best price. I want your business!". That way, if another distributor undercuts you, you get a second chance at making the sale.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

When did this policy change? Just now?

Here's what you said in a previous post:

"The company has a policy. In this case a factory warranty that has a value, or not, depending on who buys the game.
We just want to make potential buyers aware that it does not apply to unauthorized dealers or second hand owners.
We are very supportive of the secondary market and beyond. We will support anything we build but at a cost out of warranty."

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

When did this policy change? Just now?
Here's what you said in a previous post:
"The company has a policy. In this case a factory warranty that has a value, or not, depending on who buys the game.
We just want to make potential buyers aware that it does not apply to unauthorized dealers or second hand owners.
We are very supportive of the secondary market and beyond. We will support anything we build but at a cost out of warranty."

Yes, Jack has made a complete 180.

But that's a good thing!!!!!!!!

#82 3 years ago

Get more what? The original distributor, whoever that was, got paid.

#83 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules

"Pinside does not allow advertising or spam within the vast majority of forum sections and sub-forums. We do, however, allow members to post items for sale (or wanted) on the Pinside Marketplace. When creating an ad listing, there are promotional options available that allow a member to make their ad stand out by having it featured and/or automatically posted on the forum for added exposure and member discussion."

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Truth is if you are using this forum to sell games, distributer or not, all threads must be linked to a marketplace ad and fees paid to pinside.

I don't think that's correct for distributors, didn't Robin clarify that he's allowing them to continue doing general "order your game through us" threads?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-update-november-2015/page/11#post-2792638

[EDIT: looks like Robin was responding to you when he clarified this, so you were likely already aware of the policy re: distributor ads!]

#85 3 years ago

I feel like only buying JJP products from TNT after this thread.

#86 3 years ago

I agree He's making the change to where it should be and I always try and support the "dealers" that get the games to shows so I can make an educated decision whether to buy or not. These are the people I support because they tend to spend huge amounts of time and finances which will benefit both the buyer and seller . It's not always the "cheapest" price that is the best price for all.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I feel like only buying JJP products from TNT after this thread.

Hahahahah You won't buy a JJP product anyway

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Hahahahah You won't buy a JJP product anyway

I had 6K paid up on a Hobbit last year till I came to my senses.

Haha! Put that in your pipe and send more picks of that awesome Hasselback jersey your Mrs. likes to wear

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't think that's correct for distributors, didn't Robin clarify that he's allowing them to continue doing general "order your game through us" threads?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-update-november-2015/page/11#post-2792638
[EDIT: looks like Robin was responding to you when he clarified this, so you were likely already aware of the policy re: distributor ads!]

Still must be linked to the marketplace last I checked.

#90 3 years ago

a shame the first post was removed and lost the truth of how all this came about

#91 3 years ago

Wow, what a chickenshit move by PinballSTAR. Start a derogatory thread about a competitor and then delete all your comments when you get called out. if this is your tactic to support your business, I can see why you are losing it to TNT.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Wow, what a chickenshit move by PinballSTAR. Start a derogatory thread about a competitor and then delete all your comments when you get called out. if this is your tactic to support your business, I can see why you are losing it to TNT.

Unknown.jpeg

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Sorry, the Mercedes analogy makes my point, not yours. Mercedes' warranties go with the car, regardless if I buy one from Todd Tuckey on CL, Acme Mercury/Ford, or Beverly Hills Mercedes. And I can take my Mercedes that I bought from my local dealer and have it serviced under warranty at any of the 2000 Mercedes dealers across the country or across my county...and they all are happy to do the work and have Mercedes send them the warranty check.
THAT is how world-class manufacturers handle warranties.

Uhmm, not really. Happy to get the warranty check? Seriously? Manufacturers pay shit for repairs. And you usually get bumped to the back of the waiting line when bought from another dealer. "Don't like it? Return it to your selling dealer" is said enough times. Any dealer patient enough to get other dealer's cars usually have no work.

Sorry. Back on topic.

#94 3 years ago

In other news.. Ben Heck said that someone he knows got a tracking number from NJ and it was hinted that it was for the hobbit. Not sure if a hobbit will show up so soon AND without facebook pics of jack showing games coming off the line... but its cool to hope that its true.

#95 3 years ago

Really glad that Joe is not my distributor. If you can't take the lumps from your own comments then keep your mouth shut to start with

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Not sure if a hobbit will show up so soon AND without facebook pics of jack showing games coming off the line.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Jack won't be trumpeting for all to hear when the first JJP ships. Having some random guy from NJ announce receipt of the game on Facebook just doesn't seem plausible. That said, I hope it's all true, I want this game to start shipping already so that I can play one on route in Denver!

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Haha! Put that in your pipe and send more picks of that awesome Hasselback jersey your Mrs. likes to wear

Is there a warranty for the Packers? Those sad sacks are broken with no fix in sight.

The Packers still suck, poor Mrs. Rogers is awful frustrated these days. His little buddy Jordy is gone

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Having some random guy from NJ announce receipt of the game on Facebook

Guy isn't in NJ.

LTG : )

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Jack won't be trumpeting for all to hear when the first JJP ships. Having some random guy from NJ announce receipt of the game on Facebook just doesn't seem plausible. That said, I hope it's all true, I want this game to start shipping already so that I can play one on route in Denver!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread/page/24#post-2824380

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is there a warranty for the Packers? Those sad sacks are broken with no fix in sight.
The Packer still suck, poor Mrs. Rogers is awful frustrated these days. His little buddy Jordy is gone

Go here with that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/104#post-2824067

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside