(Topic ID: 321570)

UPDATE - ~~Replacement Spike 2 CPU Board Breaks Insider Connected~~

By TheProgrammer

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4u.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

TheProgrammer, I would recommend posting this to Twitter referencing #righttorepair and @fighttorepair. Louis Rossmann is basically the face of this movement and if he can respond, maybe Stern will think twice before engaging in this type of anti-consumer behavior. This very specific type of problem with niche hardware and software is right up his alley.
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/righttorepair
    https://twitter.com/fighttorepair

I agree. Insider Trading should be EASY to use and access.

If you have paid HUNDREDS extra to engage in Insider Trading you shouldn't have these ridiculous issues!

The very name of this 'product' conjures up suspicion. Anything with 'insider' in the name should be treated with the utmost suspicion. What data is Stern collecting from this insidious effort? They certainly aren't telling customers ANYTHING about this.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from TrixTrix:

Amazing how some Pinsiders are always looking for evil intent...

Not at all - this is something that should NEVER have happened - period!

There simply is no excuse nor logical explanation.

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Except that Stern is likely to be in business for many decades to come.

Some serious speculation here. Companies and businesses go broke and close daily, even HUGE ones!

I see no proof or guarantee of any sort that makes Stern immune from issues in the future that might well bankrupt them.

'Things' go in and out of favor all the time - what if the current fever pitch interest in pinball declines to the point where it just isn't possible for Stern to continue producing games? It is more than possible.

Of course nobody wants to see this happen to ANY company - but it does, daily!

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Do you mean Insider *connect*?
    "Insider trading" is something completely different...

Nope - anything that has the word "insider" in it is super suspicious to me as it 'sounds like' insider trading no matter what it is talking about.

It's a word/phrase I would avoid like the plague if I was a company like Stern.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4u.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-replacement-spike-2-cpu-board-breaks-insider-connected?tu=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.