Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo (6).JPG
photo (5).JPG
photo (4).JPG
photo (3).JPG
photo (2).JPG
photo (1).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

And could you post the seller's eBay handle as well if you're advising people to avoid him?

#9 10 years ago

I'm not a moderator, so maybe I'm reading the rules too narrowly, but I don't see anything that would prohibit posting factual details about a transaction, including the seller's name/eBay ID (physical and email address aren't permitted, of course). The rules prohibit "defamatory" posts but I think a statement has to be false to be defamatory.

Of course the OP is entitled to post as much or as little information as he chooses (consistent with the pinside rules), and the easiest way to avoid further trouble from the seller may be to say little or nothing, even if the seller was in the wrong. It's just that a post like this isn't likely to be spotted by someone considering doing business with this seller in the future -- I would imagine a future buyer searching for the seller's name/eBay ID, but probably not his hometown.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I am not afraid of a defamation lawsuit, only the forum rules. If the moderator agrees I can post the facts, I am more than willing to do so. Man up this.

I'd be interested in some clarification here. Is there a general policy not to post details about bad transactions (i.e. only "good feedback" is permitted on pinside)? I've read enough warnings/bad reviews to think that it's fine to post unflattering, but factually based, reports on trades/sales. But I've only been using this site for six months so maybe I've got it wrong.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

He insisted we do it off e-Bay. I offered to pay with a credit card, but he insisted I had to gift it thru Pay-Pal. I now understand why.

You might consider reporting this to eBay. As I understand it they don't like people using their service to advertise but then conducting the sale off-line to avoid paying fees. Won't get you your money back but could lead eBay to stop doing business with this seller.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

first this is terrible.
you gifted money, and off ebay!!! red flags and alarms going off everywhere.
Im real sorry this happened to you, but frankly you are lucky to have anything to show for it at all.
people who do that are wide open to scams and receive large boxes full of rocks, garbage etc.. that is if they ever get anything at all.
file a claim with your cc and pp and go from there.

Be sure to save all your communications with him (I'd also recommend doing screen captures of the eBay listing if you haven't already) so you can show those to your credit card co. when they ask for evidence.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

Oh, it aint over, trust me. More than one way to skin a cat or so they say.

Post some pics! (or at least details).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 180.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-nj?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.