Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0ED36D5E-E41D-4066-B660-EC5B3943F845.gif
    gay simpsons (resized).jpg
    gay simpsons2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0578 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0575 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0570 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0572 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0571 (resized).JPG

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

I made a support ticket, sent two emails to laseriffic before this Medieval Madness (Remake - Standard) topper even arrived, and still haven't heard anything back. My original complaint was that they shipped to my billing address instead of my shipping address, it clearly says the two different addresses on my order, and I wanted confirmation of their screw up so I could make arrangement to pick the topper up. After seeing finish on this topper and the fact that they included the wrong part so that I can't even use the topper, and they sent it to the wrong address, I wanted people to know that the new owners aren't living up to the reputation I had previously heard of.

IMG_0570 (resized).JPGIMG_0570 (resized).JPGIMG_0571 (resized).JPGIMG_0571 (resized).JPGIMG_0572 (resized).JPGIMG_0572 (resized).JPGIMG_0575 (resized).JPGIMG_0575 (resized).JPGIMG_0578 (resized).JPGIMG_0578 (resized).JPG
    #2 5 years ago

I wonder if their taking over Laserific might have a few bugs to work out ?

Contact them off the Coin Taker website. Again, if necessary.

https://cointaker.com/contact Maybe even call them.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

I have had extremely good experiences from the new Laseriffic. CoinTaker has purchased Laseriffic a few months ago. I know they were moving the business from Florida to Pennsylvania. This process was not an easy task. Many moving parts in operating such heavy machinery. Chris and Melissa have an impeccable reputation in this industry. I have been doing business with them for a very long time and I have nothing but great things to say. Very professional and honest. I'm sorry you had issues with your order. However I wish you would contact them directly and give them an opportunity to rectify the issue before you attempt to tarnish a great companies reputation. Give them a call. They will respond. Great people over there at Cointaker.

Contact info for Coin Taker:
    Support : https://cointaker.freshdesk.com/support/login

570-847-9595 Melissa, Sales / Customer Support

570-847-6366 Chris, Tech Support

To make order changes, please email [email protected]

905-581-1800 For our great customers in CANADA

Sincerely
    Jonathan Demare
    Amusement Services of America

#4 5 years ago

Wow dude. Why don't you email them and explain the situation and let them have a chance to make it right? Sounds like they took over a business and are still working out the kinks...

#5 5 years ago

I understand that getting your order wrong can be frustrating. However this thread is very slanderous. These are great people! Use the contact information I have provided and speak with Chis or Melissa. Once they have rectified your situation please do the right thing and remove this thread.

I would also like to point out the obvious. The OP is brand new to pinside. This is his first pinside post.

#6 5 years ago

He stated he raised a support ticket and has also sent multiple emails. OP is well within his right to post his frustration. I find that if you post stuff they’ll get their act together & get this sorted.

#7 5 years ago

Is this really worthy of a thread ? Gimmee a break, not a big deal .

#8 5 years ago

Your First ever post on Pinside is to flame and torch a long standing pinball supporting company because they (assumed) had an incorrect shipping address? This trend of make me happy or I will throw you under a public bus is really disheartening. Give them a chance to answer you. You are not the Only order or client so sometimes your emergency might not be the only thing on their plate...

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

Is this really worthy of a thread ? Gimmee a break, not a big deal .

If we followed this thought process, half the threads on Pinside would be gone.

#10 5 years ago

I know I am new to posting on pinside, but until now I didn't really feel like I have enough to contribute to justify making an account. My biggest frustration is not the shipping address or the wrong power plug, those are things I can fix, but the crooked and peeling stickers are not what I expected for the money I spent. I know that if I had seen a post on here showing close ups of the delivered product I would have saved my money or at least spent it on other mods.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from dreamtheme:

I know I am new to posting on pinside, but until now I didn't really feel like I have enough to contribute to justify making an account. My biggest frustration is not the shipping address or the wrong power plug, those are things I can fix, but the crooked and peeling stickers are not what I expected for the money I spent. I know that if I had seen a post on here showing close ups of the delivered product I would have saved my money or at least spent it on other mods.

Your frustrations are Completely justified I only suggest you give them time to resolve the minor issue. I personally have purchased Many of their products and the quality has been perfect. Stuff happens as they say. Just because they possibly had a bad part doesn't mean all should assume every part they sell will have issues. Looks to me like you received an MM topper wired for an MMR instead of a MM which is an honest mistake. Just love to see customers let suppliers, OEM's, etc make things right in a fair time frame. That really is a cool topper and do hope you get it worked out as I am confident you will love it.

#12 5 years ago

You now have CoinTakers contact info. Give them a call and they will make it right. Give them a chance to respond. Not everyone is active on Pinside at 2:00am. Try them tomorrow even though it would be a Saturday I'm sure they will pick up and address your concerns. Also if anyone else needs any NIB Games give them a shot. It would be tough for you to find a better distributor to buy from.

Contact CoinTaker for all of your DeadPool or Iron Maiden Needs. (All Stern / Spooky / American pinball and Chicago Gaming Company. They ship NationWide for the best price and they stand behind the products they sell.

#13 5 years ago

Good luck dealing with cointaker! They owe me a replacement BOP Topper. I emailed Melissa weeks ago and crickets..... I bought the original one months ago. They are great at new orders, but this not so much.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Give them a chance to respond. Not everyone is active on Pinside at 2:00am.

Post #1 said "I made a support ticket, sent two emails to laseriffic before this ... topper even arrived, and still haven't heard anything back."

Stop berating dreamtheme for posting about it. Their experience so far hasn't been up to Cointaker's standard of excellence. CT can still make things right.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

Good luck dealing with cointaker! They owe me a replacement BOP Topper. I emailed Melissa weeks ago and crickets..... I bought the original one months ago. They are great at new orders, but this not so much.

This kind of nonsense bothers me. So you bought a BOP topper and now she owes you a new one? Did you not like the topper? Did you have a buy one get one free coupon that she was unaware of at your time of your original purchase? Why come on this thread and give a half ass story? Did you not like the way the topper turned out? Did she say she will give you a new topper and now it is just taking longer then you would have liked? If so what the hell! Again I will reiterate that CoinTaker is one of the most professional companies I have had the pleasure of doing business with. If you want to slander someone please at least have the decency to fully explain why.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

You literally have to be a pest (email, call, text daily) to get a response. Their communication is the worst part about them and something that they really need to fix.......but once you get ahold of them, the customer service it great and they are always fair and make things right.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Post #1 said "I made a support ticket, sent two emails to laseriffic before this ... topper even arrived, and still haven't heard anything back."
    Stop berating dreamtheme for posting about it. Their experience so far hasn't been up to Cointaker's standard of excellence. CT can still make things right.

My thoughts too.

#18 5 years ago

@asoa, are you friends or family with CT? The OP is merely explaining his experience. What’s wrong with that? That’s what this forum is for.

#19 5 years ago

#20 5 years ago

It arrived broken and I shipped it back and asked her to bring a new one to Pintastic. She agreed. No follow up after that. I sent her an email asking about it. I never received a response. I also sent an email regarding a Houdini - no response. Whenever I buy sometime new from their website it ships right away. At least one part works.

Slander? No - these are all facts.

Finally - Arn’t you in the business of selling machines and or coin opp products? Why would you write a response like this? With that attitude I wouldn’t buy from you ever. Hopefully any of your potential customers would read your response and be wary of working with you.

Quoted from ASOA:

This kind of nonsense bothers me. So you bought a BOP topper and now she owes you a new one? Did you not like the topper? Did you have a buy one get one free coupon that she was unaware of at your time of your original purchase? Why come on this thread and give a half ass story? Did you not like the way the topper turned out? Did she say she will give you a new topper and now it is just taking longer then you would have liked? If so what the hell! Again I will reiterate that CoinTaker is one of the most professional companies I have had the pleasure of doing business with. If you want to slander someone please at least have the decency to fully explain why.

#21 5 years ago

One more thing ASOA if cointaker is so great (apparently you guys are friends), do me a favor and get my replacement topper shipped to me. At least your incredibly rude post would be worth while if you did something about it. It’s been almost a year.

#22 5 years ago

Why can't someone pick up a phone and call them. These people are not in hiding. They are extremely active in the pinball community. If you need them or have a issue. Pick up the damn phone and call them!!!!

No I'm not related to them.

#23 5 years ago

Oh no. Here we go again.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:Oh no. Here we go again.

Maybe Joe from Pinball Star will swoop in and save the day again.

#25 5 years ago

If 95.00 would make this problem go away I would be glad to write the check.

Quoted from BoJo:

Maybe Joe from Pinball Star will swoop in and save the day again.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

I understand that getting your order wrong can be frustrating. However this thread is very slanderous. These are great people! Use the contact information I have provided and speak with Chis or Melissa. Once they have rectified your situation please do the right thing and remove this thread.
    I would also like to point out the obvious. The OP is brand new to pinside. This is his first pinside post.

What did the op say that was slanderous?

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Why can't someone pick up a phone and call them.

They managed to take the money and get the order shipped without a phone call. They generate support tickets without a phone call.

If you think a phone call is the way to get things done then get on the damn phone and ask them to contact their customers using the methodology they have set up on their website.

Or maybe let them handle their customer service as they see fit. They've been around long enough to have a pretty good idea on how to conduct business.

#28 5 years ago

I'm done with this BS. Do what you want! Order from who you want! I have stated my opinion on this. I have provided all there contact information for you to help get this rectified. All I know is they are great people who have always stood by there customers. No excuse why someone can't pick up the phone and call someone to get something worked out. If you dont like the product or if something got damaged in shipping it is just a simple phone call to set the wheels in motion. I hope the OP and this other guy takes two minutes from there busy schedule and calls them to get this rectified.

#29 5 years ago

First off, I would like to respond by saying we will always take care of any issue we have. Our support ticket system is supposed to send emails when there is a new ticket opened, we have issues with that not happening which is being addressed with that company. We are working very hard to work out the issues of taking over this company. We were to have 3 weeks of training from the previous owner and had less than one week. We are doing our best, please bear with us and give us a chance to fix our mistakes. We have a new girl running the show and I know she has her contact information and phone number on the website for laseriffic. You can reach her at [email protected].

#30 5 years ago

ASOA - you are correct and I have called them. Remember I am the CUSTOMER! It’s on the company to follow through with their commitments. At a certain point I wrote this off. Unfortunately because they never cared enough to correct the problem - this is the feedback that their business will receive. I will still buy from them again if I need a part, but nothing major. There are a multitude of distributors to work with for other items.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

BOP toppers were made yesterday and is being shipped on Monday.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from dreamtheme:

I made a support ticket, sent two emails to laseriffic before this Medieval Madness (Remake - Standard) topper even arrived, and still haven't heard anything back. My original complaint was that they shipped to my billing address instead of my shipping address, it clearly says the two different addresses on my order, and I wanted confirmation of their screw up so I could make arrangement to pick the topper up. After seeing finish on this topper and the fact that they included the wrong part so that I can't even use the topper, and they sent it to the wrong address, I wanted people to know that the new owners aren't living up to the reputation I had previously heard of.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When I ordered an MM topper from the original Laseriffic two years ago I was sent the wrong version of connectors with the topper. I contacted Joe and he quickly sent me the correct connectors. For the new owners to do that is understandable if the original owner was doing the same thing, I guess.
    Hopefully the new owners pay more attention to detail and learn from their mistakes (and communicate better) because that is the only way to have a successful business for the long term.

#33 5 years ago

I can say without question!!

COIN TAKER is a great company and always go the extra mile to make sure your happy.

Its a company the just bought give them a chance!

I have always had a great experience with them and they are always willing to help.

Just my two cents on this.

Bob May

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

I'm done with this BS.

About time, thank you! Oh and look up the definition of slander while you're away so you look less foolish the next time you want to come in and cheerlead something you have nothing to do with.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

I'm done with this BS. Do what you want! Order from who you want! I have stated my opinion on this. I have provided all there contact information for you to help get this rectified. All I know is they are great people who have always stood by there customers. No excuse why someone can't pick up the phone and call someone to get something worked out. If you dont like the product or if something got damaged in shipping it is just a simple phone call to set the wheels in motion. I hope the OP and this other guy takes two minutes from there busy schedule and calls them to get this rectified.

For what it’s worth, I feel your frustration!

It seems as if most of these complaint threads have the common theme of zero communication effort beyond email/online. I don’t understand why so many folks make life harder on themselves in this regard, and really have minimal sympathy for anyone who is too passive/timid/lacking social skills to settle things through real-time human interaction with a phone call or in-person encounter (which is easier and less time-consuming than email anyway).

Cointaker has long-established itself as an ethical business, and I really hate seeing good people being dinged and dented online before at least having an opportunity to respond to the problem/complaint; just a symptom of these reactionary times we live in, I guess.

#36 5 years ago

Melissa just emailed me and took care of the BOP topper. Thank you. I own a business and have made mistakes along the way as well and will definitely make them in the future. No one is perfect. I appreciate the resolution and wanted to let everyone know.

#37 5 years ago

That is great to hear. Glad everyone is taken care of. CoinTaker is a great company!

A simple phone call goes a long way.

#38 5 years ago

I’m glad CT stepped in. Kudos!

#40 5 years ago

This is not directed at CoinTaker. I'm a happy and long time customer of theirs. However, from my experience, there is a recurring theme in the pinball vendor world where basic customer support and response is not expected because the products/services are being provided as a side business/hobby or the "trust me, we aren't making much money off this". Frankly, it's nothing like I've experienced any where...including in the small business I run. There are many great vendors out there that support this hobby and make it what it is today but any company in the business of accepting other people's money should not be doing so without a commitment to at least a 48 hour reply window to a customer inquiry (in my opinion, of course)

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

I own a business and have made mistakes along the way as well and will definitely make them in the future. No one is perfect.

We all make mistakes.

It's what we do about them that matters.

LTG : )

#42 5 years ago

I have a solution for this whole issue. STOP buying stupid ugly toppers for your games.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I have a solution for this whole issue. STOP buying stupid ugly toppers for your games.

Now now. Play nice.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Your First ever post on Pinside is to flame and torch a long standing pinball supporting company because they (assumed) had an incorrect shipping address? This trend of make me happy or I will throw you under a public bus is really disheartening. Give them a chance to answer you. You are not the Only order or client so sometimes your emergency might not be the only thing on their plate...

I agree. Can we get some mods to make sure this guy isn’t using multiple accounts on here?

#45 5 years ago

Wait till you have 14k wrapped up in new pins that are falling apart then you will really shit yourself. Bad toppers is preschool problems.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Exactly.

Why waste money on toppers, when you can get toy dolls to trash up your games!

gay simpsons (resized).jpggay simpsons (resized).jpggay simpsons2 (resized).jpggay simpsons2 (resized).jpg
    #47 5 years ago

Someone needs a tote bag.

#48 5 years ago

Two things I took away from this thread.

One, a friendly reminder call is good and cointaker will take care of you.

Two, who the heck is musketchick?

#49 5 years ago

Right!!!

#50 5 years ago
    0ED36D5E-E41D-4066-B660-EC5B3943F845.gif0ED36D5E-E41D-4066-B660-EC5B3943F845.gif
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-new-laseriffic-owners-have-poor-qc-and-support?hl=jenniebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.