(Topic ID: 268942)

Thread no longer needed. Disregard - Mods, Please Lock or Delete.

By SilverballSleuth

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ImNotNorm
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy.gif

This topic is closed.

#1 3 years ago

Issue has been resolved. The seller in question was willing to work with me, and went above and beyond.

I asked for a rebuild kit for the flippers, $50 value. He, without letting me know, sent more than that, and asked "Fair Enough?"

It certainly is, and was a gesture I greatly appreciate.

There is no longer a need for me to post photos or discuss this further. Please lock or delete this thread.

Thank you.

#2 3 years ago

Wow. Didn't even contact me before. I've sold 42 pins in the last year, you are the first one to complain.

You seem to have problems everywhere you go. Not sure what you expected for a $400 em, but obviously we have different opinions

#3 3 years ago

Contactless delivery for a pinball machine. What do you expect, this shit is getting out of hand.

#4 3 years ago

Mistermoberg: Why did you ask for "technical help" with the flippers when you stated before that you knew how to work on them because you had "experience fixing games"??

#5 3 years ago

Purchased a pin from Bryan a year or two ago, great communication, machine as described. Turned out to have a bad transistor for one of the controlled lamps and he was happy enough to send me a replacement plus a few spares and the manual he found after sale.

Perhaps you should have contacted him here instead of through Facebook.

#6 3 years ago

Please post pictures of the game vs pictures you were sent

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Brypten:

Wow. Didn't even contact me before. I've sold 42 pins in the last year, you are the first one to complain.
    You seem to have problems everywhere you go. Not sure what you expected for a $400 em, but obviously we have different opinions

$400 for a Liberty Bell? I wouldn't say thats steep to be honest

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Brypten:

Wow. Didn't even contact me before.

Of course not. He's been due for a drama-queen thread on Pinside, and you unfortunately got dragged into being this year's "May Edition".

#9 3 years ago

It's a $400 game! Are you kidding me? I don't know the seller, but you are ridiculous. Get a grip kid.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Of course not. He's been due for a drama-queen thread on Pinside, and you unfortunately got dragged into being this year's "May Edition".

Didn't he make a big deal on Pinside about leaving it??? And then about coming back??? And now this..... Again.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

Didn't he make a big deal on Pinside about leaving it??? And then about coming back??? And now this..... Again.

Minutes of your life you'll never get back.

#12 3 years ago

These threads are always a great dumspter file, I didn't think I could be happier to see one, then I saw it was a Mistermoberg thread.
    So good.

#13 3 years ago

Sorry O.P. , but your crocodile tears are no good here. What you are doing is comparable to the guy who buys a used car for $1000 and is pissed off that it needs brakes and the A/C doesn't work. A piece of glass and flipper rebuild kits is less than 100 bucks

I would only side with you that you are owed a back door if not disclosed at purchase.

#14 3 years ago

Eric, I would say this is a bit of a misfire. At $400 for an em that clearly will need work you just can’t complain. Non working flipper?! Welcome to the hobby. You need to start buying parts in bulk and stop counting pennies, as long as you are going to focus on low cost pins and as long as you are buying and selling games on the reg. It’s just the cost of being in the hobby.

Generally, if you spend $50 on an EM you are getting running again, that’s a lot.

These are incredibly small potatoes you are complaining about, and I think you know that. Start buying parts in bulk, have them on hand. You really have no business complaining about non working em flippers. Who gives a shit? You should be rebuilding flippers on every 50 year old game that comes in anyway.

You aren’t a bad kid and you are still learning but this really wasn’t necessary. I’m sure if you put that liberty belle up for sale today at $400, you’ll get rid of it quickly. There are plenty of em buyers who are less picky and understand they are gonna have to put time and a little (and it is a little) money into every em they buy.

#15 3 years ago

Glad to hear it is resolved.

#16 3 years ago

on a positive note, liberty bell is awesome. miss mine

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

on a positive note, liberty bell is awesome. miss mine

It’s on route. Come to Florida soon and toss a quarter or two in for fun 5-ball play!

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Issue has been resolved. The seller in question was willing to work with me, and went above and beyond.
    I asked for a rebuild kit for the flippers, $50 value. He, without letting me know, sent more than that, and asked "Fair Enough?"
    It certainly is, and was a gesture I greatly appreciate.
    There is no longer a need for me to post photos or discuss this further. Please lock or delete this thread.
    Thank you.

That’s great. Some people are reasonable, some aren’t.

I bought 2 used “tested and working” DMDs from a guy a few Weeks back. He shipped them. Both are bad, one totally dead and one has lines out.

Shit happens. These were probably 25 years old and I guess they died during Shipping.

Would be nice if he could have worked with me, even a little. His response was to say I’m lying and tough shit.

Not a big deal but you learn pretty quickly who the real pricks are in this hobby.

Be one of the reasonable guys Eric! Part of that is reaching out to people before the public shaming stuff.

#19 3 years ago

You just got Moberged!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-kd-pinball-brypten-on-pinside-bryan-j-in-portland-ct?hl=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.