Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spencer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

All I can do is shake my head in wonderment at the importance some people put on a stupid number. This thread perfectly exemplifies just how ridiculous LE games have become.
    I gotta call this one for OP.. he ordered a game and FUN failed to deliver the right machine in a timely fashion, so OP cancelled his order. If "number 16" is important enough that OP specifically ordered and paid extra for it, it's important enough for the distributor to get that numbered game to him *on time*.

Couldn't agree more. Terrible service FUN. He asked for #16, paid extra and didn't get it. A fast refund should have been offered, instead of switching plates, etc.

Even if the OP was a pain in the ass, he paid, you didn't deliver. As a business, you should have made it right.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Am I missing something here? There are several people saying that Fun! could not deliver the pin he ordered. It seems to me that the specific pin he ordered was actually made available and the op "got cold feet" and declined exactly what he ordered, outright refused it, stating he would not accept shipment if they sent it out.
    What if this particular title was a block buster? So popular and in demand that people were able to resell their LE for $10k or more? OP, would you have still backed out of the order? Did you find another Star Wars LE to buy and are you getting it? If not, are you still going to buy a Star Wars LE elsewhere when you get your refund?
    It seems to me that this title had so much hype and anticipation, pin fever was wide spread and all LE allocations were spoken for. Once the pin was out for a minute the truth of this pin came out along with its issues and it was no longer the desired title everybody was so hot to get ahold of. So here was an opportunity to back out.
    This is why full refunds are a problem on "limited" and "special" orders. If it were so easy to get a full refund, anybody could put money down or full payment ensuring them a purchase. If they decide they don't want it anymore for whatever reason, the business has had to deal with a lot of extra work for free in addition to overhead and cost that were not part of the current financial plan. Other "serious" customers might have missed out on an opportunity or the business might have lost a transaction to a regular customer because of unavailability. Then finally all the drama that is tied to the whole process comes out, reputations are trashed, lines are drawn and now pinball sucks atleast for awhile.

From what I read, this isn't what happened. I read, he paid for #16 and thought he would get the 16th game off the line. This wasn't the case, nor was he made aware of this when he ordered. FUN! came up with the idea to switch plates so it would look like he had the #16 game. He didn't think this was right and frankly, who can blame him? Maybe he was wrong, maybe he was misinformed and maybe FUN! acted like a poor distributer. They should have refunded his money, ate the $100 BULLSHIT low number charge and just resold it. Bad business has now created this mess, is it worth it FUN??

#198 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Leave the OP alone!!!! He just wants his money as he was promised!!!!! At this point all the BS leading up to FUN saying I will send you a check for the X amount is irrelevant. Let's wait and see when or if this guy gets his check as promised.

Exactly, geez you guys, who cares if FUN treated you well, or the even dumber posts about why he wanted a certain number and how dumb that is.

The OP ordered a game, was not going to get said game and asked for a refund. ( totally acceptable and understandable )

Then FUN dicked him around, lied and treated him poorly. Since then, shockingly, they ( or at least one employee ) has disappeared.

There are not two sides to this story, its cut and dry and Id be pissed too.

#201 6 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

You are absolutely fooling yourself if you think either of the Transformers, or the SWLE were the actual requested # that rolled off the line.

Who cares. He thought that was the case, it makes no difference, whatever makes him happy. Shit he even paid extra! Which is a complete joke and scam based on the way the games are produced.

#306 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Can you answer this...

Stop being a troll. He didn't get what he ordered and paid for. He was offered a refund, that to this date hasn't come. END of story. Yet, your trying again and again to make this out to be something it isn't.

#311 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

He's getting a refund. Now what?!

None of your business??

A one way ticket to whogivesafuck?

What he does has no bearing on the issue. He wanted #16 and didn't get it. Maybe he tries to reorder #16 or maybe not, it really makes no difference.

#313 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

He gets his refund, the OP is happy, and Fun still loses lots and lots of customers.

As they should. Horrible customer service.

#316 6 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Why don't you take his challenge, or admit your a troll?

Well said.

#318 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Listen I have no dog in the fight (which none of you do either lol) and I want him to get his money (which he should), just don't buy his BS excuse.
    I've ordered stuff from retrorefurb that wasn't up to snuff so I had to pay to ship it back and the refund took forever...did I come on here and start a thread about it..smh

After waiting patiently for your refund, you purchased new decals ( that are not available anywhere else ) right?

Sure you did.

You agree he should get a refund, lets leave it at that.

#325 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

All distributors should beware of this guy as a buyer lol
    Three year member, who has a brother with LE games, wants us to believe he thinks the number plate on an LE is the actual number Machine off the line...
    I rest my case. Peace!

You have no case but whatever, glad your done here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spencer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-fun-billiards?tu=spencer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.