Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider potatoloco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from RetroToys:

Good lord, just take it to small claims court and be done with it.

I'm pretty sure this is beyond small claims.

I gotta hand it to the OP. I think I would've had a scorched earth mindset if my distro told me "good luck with that" when I request a refund. That's beyond bad business.

#464 6 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Guys,
    I just want to follow up as I've been reading this thread from the beginning.The smartest thing I could have done once he posted
    was to contact him privately, immediately. However I took the post personally and I didn't and it just went downhill from there.
    I feel like there is nothing I can say to save face right now. But I can assure you that we are taking care of allpinball
    and he will be receiving his refund as promised. Was it handled poorly, yes it was. Although I don't mean
    to pass the buck...the majority of this transaction was out of my control. But I plan to change that moving forward and look at
    this as a lesson learned that we can be improved upon.
    I just spent the better part of the last hour talking on the phone with OP and I believe we have cleared the air...or
    at least I hope so.
    I never meant for this to happen like this and there were some details he had told me to which even I wasn't aware of.
    The majority of this transaction has been between OP and our owner and I'm going to be more involved for the
    duration of this transaction through its completion. Needless to say, I have made my apology to him. A check was
    originally mailed on October 20th and I stand behind that, but I agree it simply seems to be lost in the mail at this time. I'm
    sure it will either show up at allpinball's mailbox or returned to ours sooner than later. However I have assured
    him that when I return to work on Monday a stop payment is going to be made and we will be expediting his refund
    and I will personally e-mail him the TRACKING number!
    I appreciate those that we have done business with and we continue to do so. Our customers are our life blood and we do
    value everyone of you. Situations like this are not good, but they are building
    blocks to learn from and how to handle difficult situations like this in the future.
    Bottom line, I'd like to publicly apologize to allpinball and hope we can put this in the past. Hopefully we can move forward and
    in someway over time I can gain the respect back of the pinside community.

Quoted from hassellcastle:

Tomorrow we will settle up with him....again.
    It's funny no matter what I say the haters, trolls of pinside find someway to keep the thread going and would love nothing more than to see our company fail. This forum has became a festering hive of hatred and it's only gotten worse over the years. There are many good pinball people I know that have personally quit visiting this site for this very reason.
    These one's I speak of...have no skin in the game but feel like it is their due diligence to make me continue to feel like an idiot. My apology above was sincere and was the truth...but I still received several thumbs down. Really? There is no pleasing these trolls that are not happy until they've burned FUN to the ground. I have lost sleep over this the last several nights. Are you happy?
    In regards to the refund. We are going to have a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss how to refund OP. We very well may wire him the money as we have the same bank as OP and quite honestly in my opinion this is probably the best way to go since it will guarantee he will receive it. I simply stated sending it with tracking number in my post to imply...that was our stupid mistake for not doing so in the first time.
    Truth be told ...many of the pinside community likes to think pinside is much bigger than it actually is. Our business has succeeded without Pinside and will continue to do so. Honestly if you were to go to an NFL game today and announce over the broadcast microphone "show of hands, who here is on Pinside?" I think 99.9 percent of the people in the stadium would look at each other and say...."what is that?"
    We issue game deposits, refunds, parts replacements and do service calls all the time with no issue. I've returned two people's game deposits this week within hours of them requesting them and they had nothing to do with Pinside. No questions asked. This situation was very difficult and different and as much as every stands up for the other guys I would really like to see how they would have handled this difficult situation. There are still more facts to this story to which I can't post publicly that are truly not the public's business but that of the parties involved. I do not pass the buck that we were at most at fault but finger pointing could be done to all parties involved.
    Needless to say. Life goes on. OP will be refunded as promised.

This is coming from a potential customer as I frequent the Dallas area a lot for business travel and have come by the store before. I'm at a loss for what exactly you're trying to accomplish at this point. I was happy to see a resolution come of this, but because you received 4 downvotes to an apology this all the sudden means you go from wanting to "gain the respect back from the pinside community" to "this forum has became a festering hive of hatred."

I get that pride in one's business leads to things being taken personally and it seems that you generally dislike this community based on your post, but man, nothing will ever beat staying professional and leaving that type of digital footprint behind for your business. Regardless of how small the customer base is. Best of luck in the future.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider potatoloco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-fun-billiards?tu=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.