Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

Ok...This makes a little more sense then. So...If ordered and paid extra for that number(which I understand why someone would do that) and the seller or the company told me "just change plates"? That would be such a let down to me to know that either of them wasn't exactly honest. I would have been done at that point. "give me my money back right now!!!!!"
    Did I understand something wrong here? What am I missing?

what you're missing is only idiots believe a plate saying "#XX of YYYY" actually means anything in terms of the order it was produced in, and that's true in any industry, including automobiles. i know a guy at a Chrysler plant and when they are doing special editions (like the Panther Pink Challenger) they have a bin of plaques with numbers on them and the worker just grabs a random one and slaps it on. probably the same in pinball. the plaque means nothing and it's absurd that people delude themselves into believing otherwise.

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Interesting to see how this numbering issue works with pinball; I am one of those who assumed #16 would have been the 16th unit off the line.
    For those who question the desire for a certain number, I can partially understand. I come from the world of Corvettes. Back in the 60s and early 70s more than a few Vettes got cut up (customized), chopped up (customized), big block engines shoveled into places designed for small block engines, etc. A few of the old Vettes were left untouched. In 1974, along comes the National Corvette Restoration Society and the world started to understand that The Corvette was a classic car. Untouched original Vettes with matching numbers went into the higher dollar value territory.
    Two restored Corvettes, side by side, identical in every way, same engine, same tranny, same color, etc. the one with the matching numbers would be worth more money.
    1953 Corvette #3 was the first Vette that GM let out the door. That #3 was a lot more than #4 or #5 etc. The Vettes were numbered in their order off of the line (None of this wishy-washy BS of which unit I could attached a number plate to first).
    And then later on the matching numbers thing move into the 60's Dodge Charger territory.
    As someone mentioned way back in this thread, the later numbers in line are usually better quality wise as the production kinks get worked out and the line workers learn how to assemble the product.
    I don't understand the desire for a certain number on a pin, but I do respect it and would be disenchanted to be told that "we will send you a serial number tag. Which number would you like?"

You're talking about serial numbers or VINs, not Limited Edition Collectors Plaques.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-fun-billiards?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.