Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#112 6 years ago

So here's the timeline presented...

1 ) ?: Buyer orders game, playing extra for #16
    2 ) July 12: Seller informs buyer the game is ready to ship from Stern and a payment is due.
    * ) We can probably assume the buyer pays and the seller pays a good portion of that money to Stern.
    3 ) ?: The wrong game is sent from Stern. The seller notices this and offers options of switching the plate or waiting for the correct game to be resent. Were other options offered?
    3 ) Aug 16: The buyer sends some email, which is referenced in the email sent Aug 17.
    4 ) Aug 17: The buyer asks the seller for a refund. Seller replies, "Good luck with that."
    5 ) Sept 15: Seller agrees to refund minus a $100 "low number fee".
    6 ) Sept 22: Buyer asks if the check has been mailed. Seller replies they are waiting for a check from Stern.
    * ) We can probably assume that the seller received a refund from Stern.
    7 ) Oct 17: Buyer asks if the check has been mailed. Seller states that the check went in the mail today.
    8 ) Oct 23: Buyer informs the seller that they have not received the check. Seller replies that it was sent.
    9 ) Oct 30: Buyer informs the seller that they have not received the check. Seller asks buyer to wait longer. Seller asks buyer to verify address. Seller offers to place a stop payment on the first check and issue a new check.
    10 ) Nov 1: Seller has a meeting where it is decided they can't do a stop payment due to the erratic nature of the buyer.
    11 ) Nov 2: Seller says the check was mailed Oct 20 and the buyer will receive the check.

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

That's too long! I don't care if the buyer was a PINTA! Doesn't matter!
    Also, I've never heard of ...A stop payment on a check is only good for 90 days? What good would that be? No...There has to be a way to Void it, cancel, etc...I have no experience with that lately so who knows maybe it is true now.

My guess is it was probably a cashiers check. If that's the case they are treated like cash for 90-days. On a large check like this the bank would likely not reissue inside of that period to avoid having the payment cashed twice. It sounds to me like FUN! majorly screwed up, including not having the ability to track such a large check. However, if they indeed did send out the check it's very possible the bank would suggest not sending a second.

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

They're also not bankrupt because they fail to deliver first class mail reliably.

Not to get off topic, but the actual USPS has little fault in why they have been struggling. They are forced into a "business model" that simply isn't feasible, inlcuding: 30,000 retail locations (an absurd number), delivery six days a week (seven for packages), and being forced to handle First Class mail without the ability to raise prices beyond consumer inflation. There is zero competition for First Class mail for a reason. If the free market could turn a profit providing that service it would already exist.

EDIT: Congress needs to allow the USPS to adapt to an age where individuals have the ability to send and receive information digitally. There is no longer a demand to justify there pre-digital infrastructure.

#142 6 years ago

I've never purchased a NIB. What is the normal expectation for delivery? Based on what has been shared the buyer paid no sooner then July 12. The buyer canceled no later then August 16. Is a month a realistic period to wait before requesting a refund? It sounds like the delay was at no fault of the seller, up until this point, I don't really know what else the seller could have done. It seems they were screwed out of a sale by a mistake by the manufacturer. Now, I'm not saying the seller is without fault. They seem to have majorly botched the refund. First, they didn't agree to a refund for nearly a month. Second, it took them a month from agreeing to a refund to sending a check. Third, the buyer still has not received the, supposedly, mailed check after another half of a month. Way to long for each action.

#149 6 years ago

Sometime in that month though they sent a payment to Stern and a game was shipped, correct? I'm assuming at that time they contacted you and offered resolutions. Also, what was your email on August 16th?

#206 6 years ago

Stern or Fun should have probably offered a small discount for the trouble, especially if a premium was paid for a certain number. Hopefully this is a lesson to not pay a premium for a stupid number.

#264 6 years ago

Based on what you posted FUN! received the money back from Stern sometime between Sept. 22 and Oct. 17. I know you asked for a refund before that, but it could have been Stern delaying things up until that point.

#282 6 years ago

hassellcastle Has FUN! offered any timeline? Really, I think that's what needs to happen. Let's assume the check that you sent on Oct. 17 or Oct. 20 has been lost in the mail. What is your exact process and timeline for canceling or sending a replacement? You previously mentioned that your bank suggested 90-days. Is that what the OP should expect, or is there a better way for you to cancel the check and reissue an instant payment? Sure it might cost you $20-$30, but clearly that would be worth the credibility savings to avoid this thread from dragging on for another 60-days.

#286 6 years ago

Sounds reasonable. hassellcastle if you are worried about the double cashing have your bank send him a notice to sign. Seriously we can have this all done by the end of next week.

#292 6 years ago

He doesn't need to post here. Just contact the OP.

#390 6 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Wow a private IM. FUN simply doesn't get it. They should fix the problem and communicate to this community that you made a mistake and you are a decent company. Your credibility is on the line here.

I disagree. Getting this buyer a refund is the first step in damage control. Anything they say would be pointless unless it were accompanied by a refund.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-fun-billiards?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.